View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2021, 03:09 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: AOTV General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
In order to do scenarios, pretty much all the designs need to be finished first correct?
I agree for specific scenarios (such as a scenario where Ozuul is always in one army, or one where we want to balance an asynchronous game), but I think that there's valuable space in setting up some basic suggested maps and beginning the process now. I could be overestimating how much time it'll take to design maps and scenarios, though; a big part of the appeal IMO is that it would make playing games immediately viable for newer players and increase the ease of access here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
They should be imo because scenarios will rely not only on the concrete identity of the units to be meaningful in any way (that's how they struck me in every master set) and they may benefit from mechanics being established.
I agree to a certain extent (certainly scenarios such as Migol's Tomb where one player controlled Mimring on top of the cave and the others had an uneasy alliance to attack him don't make a lot of sense for us right now, but I'd like to include at least one similar scenario in the future). I'd argue that there is some room for general maps such as the ones designed in @lefton4ya 's map-building contest mixing AotP boards with general HS terrain. I do think that doing some general scenario groundwork such as the Toxic Mist idea from RotV would be fine, since these scenarios should ideally be fun with most figures in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I can reassign OPs as needed.
Perfect, thanks for the clarification! Now we need to decide who should take over AYP's threads. I see that he controls the Pod 1 Main Thread, along with the threads for Dienekes, Ukushisa Pride, Pyria, and Velkhor. So pretty much all of Pod 1 right now.

@Scytale , you're the remaining Pod Leader for Pod 1. Let us know what you'd prefer to do here; if you don't want to maintain those OPs yourself, then I can volunteer to update them as needed (though I'm not a member of Pod 1, so I would limit any updates to what you guys decide on, of course).