Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old June 22nd, 2019, 01:28 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
The Book of "Chandra Nalaar, Pyromancer"

Arena of the Valkyrie Master Set

Printer-Friendly PDF

UTGAR
PYRIA
Elf
Unique Hero
Archmage
Relentless
Medium 5

LIFE 6
MOVE 5
RANGE 7
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 2

POINTS 120

TWIN FLAMETHROWERS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
Choose one or two straight lines from Pyria, each 3 spaces long. All figures on those spaces who are in line of sight are affected by Pyria’s Twin Flamethrower Special Attack. Roll 4 attack dice for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately.

Editing: complete

Playtesting: Test 1 (The Long Eared Bat)
Test 2 (The Long Eared Bat)
Test 3 (flameslayer93)
Test 4 (kevindola)

Test 5 (kevindola)
Test 6 (flameslayer93)
Test 7 (Ericth74)
Test 8 (flameslayer93)
Test 9 (capsocrates)

The figure used for this unit is Chandra Nalaar, Pyromancer from Arena of the Planeswalkers.

Character Bio: TBA

-Rulings and Clarifications-
TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
TBA

Synergy Benefits Offered
TBA

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
TBA

Last edited by Astroking112; October 8th, 2022 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Updated mini pic
Old June 22nd, 2019, 04:01 AM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker
Re: [Pod 1] UNIT NAME (Chandra Nalaar, Pyromancer) - Design

People have mentioned about a double special attack in another post which sounds cool. As well as this we could give her a summoning ability similar to Emirroon that allows her to summon moltarn figures. If we make the fire cats moltarn then this ability would work for them and the obsidian guards.

Long live heroscape
Old June 22nd, 2019, 12:02 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I think the most common dual-Special Attacks that were tossed around were:

A short Fireline (possibly two).
An explosion (with or without Lob).

Another option could be immolating all adjacent figures. Or perhaps something that "burns" like Sujoah's Poison Sting? I still like the first two best.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 22nd, 2019, 01:19 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

As much as I like the idea of her summoning Moltarns (with the cats being Moltarns) I think we need to watch how much movement utility we have in the set. Two SAs recalls figures like Q10, Mimring, and DW9k, and makes her cleaner and simpler. Honestly, we could still make the cats Moltarns so as to leave that option open for customs creators later on.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 06:52 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

I just feel like the set doesn't have many other synergy potential maybe only Jace+illusions eldrazi+scions. The major mechanic of aotp was summoning. Q10, Mimring, and DW9K all have synergy, nothing in the future is likely to bond with Chandra so synergy with the firecats seems fair.

Long live heroscape
Old June 22nd, 2019, 07:42 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Do we need much in the way of synergy though? And how much synergy is too much that will feel tacked on?

Krav and Carr don’t synergize.
MW’s and NGS don’t synergize.
The vikings don’t synergize specifically with each other.
Drake and Airbornes don’t synergize.

Of all the thematic groups, the only one that does is the Deathwalker and Zettians, and that’s just a range bonus. At this point, we’re probably going to see a highly synergetic pairing with Jace and the Illusions.

Provided Chandra is a human, she’ll get synergy with Ebon Armor. If she goes to Utgar, then Ornak can take turns with her.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 07:53 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Do we need much in the way of synergy though? And how much synergy is too much that will feel tacked on?

Krav and Carr don’t synergize.
MW’s and NGS don’t synergize.
The vikings don’t synergize specifically with each other.
Drake and Airbornes don’t synergize.

Of all the thematic groups, the only one that does is the Deathwalker and Zettians, and that’s just a range bonus. At this point, we’re probably going to see a highly synergetic pairing with Jace and the Illusions.

Provided Chandra is a human, she’ll get synergy with Ebon Armor. If she goes to Utgar, then Ornak can take turns with her.
I think the idea to limit the number of units that synergize within the set is a good one. While yes, having synergy is cool, it also limits varieties of units played in an army. And with one of the goals of this project being a good starting place for new players, I think it's nice to not feel bound into certain armies (actually my biggest complaint about AotP in general).

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old June 22nd, 2019, 07:54 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Yeah, that was actually the sort of stated goal - ROTV levels of synergy. Minor and/or generalized. Raelin and Finn/Thorgrim.

We're looking to pay homage to ROTV more than SOTM and AOTP.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 11:11 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I personally don't object to light synergy, but if at all possible I would prefer to avoid creating designs that are completely dependent on each other. I want people to be able to take Chandra or the Firecats in whatever builds they choose, rather than having to take both of them to get decent value out of either. Jace and the Illusions are an exception to me just because of how much those figures resemble each other.

In general, I agree with the suggestions about making her an offense-focused toolkit. Another possibility would be to give her a ranged Double Attack, since I'd like to represent that power somewhere in the set and it seems fitting enough for a figure shooting fire out of both arms. That would be a pretty solid offensive punch on its own though, so we'd have to be careful to make her SA still worth using.
Old June 23rd, 2019, 01:04 AM

The illusions also (will hopefully) work with other Archmages.

I really, really like the double fire line. 2 “rows” of 3-4 spaces each. That’s a very good twist on a classic ability. I could take or leave an explosion SA, even if I like the idea of two SAs.
Old June 23rd, 2019, 01:13 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I really, really like the double fire line. 2 “rows” of 3-4 spaces each. That’s a very good twist on a classic ability. I could take or leave an explosion SA, even if I like the idea of two SAs.
Amen to this.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old June 23rd, 2019, 03:17 AM

I guess she would be too powerful if she could summon and do 2 special attacks. All other summoners aren't offensive powerhouses. Having double fire line and explosion attacks mean you have 2 SAs that are revolved around figure clusters. Instead of an explosion attack how about a fire ball lob SA paired with a double fire line SA.

Long live heroscape

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs