Thread: Workshop Thread
View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2017, 01:24 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Workshop Thread

Okay. In regard to @superfrog 's request...

Originally, I scored this map as fairly balanced, but for me it lacked aesthetics and creativity for the "Wild" theme, BUT it is IMPORTANT to note that that was based on our old rubric and as you'll notice Balance is a substantially larger chunk now when we score the maps. That said, I think there could be some improvements made. I feel strongly that lava should not be the only height. I know multiple BoV maps don't follow my thinking, but I think lava is much more exciting and intriguing to play on when you mix it with other terrain and force the player to make decisions on positioning. I'd rather have options to try and hop between lava rather than be forced to get on it because it's the only height option. The other thing that bugs me is the power Glyphs being so far out on the "wings" of the map. They feel out of place in my opinion and could use better positioning. Also, I believe Glyphs should allow melee figures to attack down on them from height (depending on the map build). Though, I should note that you have given glyph attacking figures the shadow (+1 defense) to help them out.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; May 18th, 2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Recinded the "always"