View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2019, 08:49 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: SOV/C3V Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
It's a public playtesting forum, not a "free previews" forum.

I do like the idea of putting in some collection notes like "solo hero" or "goes with X unreleased figure".
Whether intentional or not, anything that enters the public play testing forum, is effectively in a "free previews" forum. That isn't it's main purpose, and that's not why you put things there, but it's what many casual members of the community are going to use it for. Especially members who are new to what the C3V/SoV is.

It is understandable that you would not want to put early designs into that forum. It's just a possible solution to the problem that was being discussed. If it is not the route the C3V wants to go, that's fine. I can also understand the wish to keep the project closed, rather than openly displaying designs that may, or may not, undergo drastic changes after seeing play testing reports. The desire to take down threads discussing an older version of the design is perfectly fine, we don't anyone to see a version that's broken, when internally it might have been balanced perfectly, and ready for release.

I am simply on the outside looking in. All I'm saying is that and knowing what a design is, is a nice thing, and showing us that, removes the problem being discussed.
Yeah, I do see where you're coming from.

I'm very aware that many people treat our Public Playtesting forum as a "free previews" forum, and at this point we're okay with that because it removes the whole PM exchange thing which can be an obstacle to testing.

Placing designs in there earlier would only serve to create more work for us (okay, for me), while not giving us any valuable tests like the current system does.

In other news, look for a new wave of units to hit PPT once the tournament is wrapped up