Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

View Poll Results: Would you participate in a Heroscape League?
Yes, sounds great! $5-10 is fair based on the prize support 13 92.86%
Yes, but I want it to be free 1 7.14%
No thanks 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 3rd, 2014, 03:07 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Oregon/Washington - 2014 League ?

Hi Guys,
Happy New Year!!!

I had an idea that I wanted to run by the local Oregeon and Washington state Heroscapers. I'd like to some extra Heroscape in during 2014. Lots of details still need to be worked out, but here's a quick brainstorm.

The basic premise is to form a "League" of Northwest Players for 2014 and we'll keep track of Points that the League members earn through out the year.

I'm thinking that hold at least 4 events ... 3 tournaments and 1 NHSD for the big League events but also allow individual "duels" for League members.

We'd have to agree on the format(s) but we could make announcements in January and then launch in February. We could have Monthly updates on Heroscapers.com.

I was thinking we could have 3 events - with at least one Seattle, one Vancouver WA, and one in Portland/Independence, OR area.

For the Grand Prize for the "Warlord of Valhalla" I have a NIB Aquilla's Alliance that I am willing to donate. For 2nd and 3rd place I have NIB Tundra and NIB Jungle.

I could act as League Commissioner. I would ask for a $5-10 donation to join the League - which goes toward the Prize Support.

Many details to work out .. but please VOTE in this poll if you would be interested in joining a league, and if there are enough YES votes - then I'll work on more details (and seek some volunteers to help).

ROUGH IDEAS:

2014 Northwest League: Warlords of Valhalla

ORGANIZED EVENTS
A minimum of three (3) tournaments will be held in calendar year 2014. This does not include National Heroscape Day (NHSD). Each member can earn league points for attending and participating in each Event.

DUELING
Each member can play another member in a one-on-one match (duel) to each league points. A league member can duel another member a maximum of two times. If those two duels result in a 1 win, 1 loss split, they may duel a third time.

EVENT ORGANIZERS
The Organizers and Hosts for events earn points for providing a venue and format for League events. Organizers can also provide points for volunteers that provide assistance for events (such as Map Builders).

BATTLEREPORTS
Members can earn additional points by posting Battle Reports from matches from Organized Events or Duels.

PRIZE SUPPORT
Contributions to the Prize Support table at Organized Events earns League points.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 08:13 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Oregon/Washington - 2014 League ?

OH WOW! Aquilla's Alliance? Oh gee... I need to get a lot better at this game lol.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 3rd, 2014, 08:55 PM

... these awesome figures are tired of collecting dust in my closet ...

Old January 4th, 2014, 01:27 AM

White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker

Wow this sounds great Kai! I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. You know I'll be making all of the events and I'll be looking forward to another road trip to Seattle Thanks for doing this Kai

Tournament Record: Solo 83-21 Team 7-5
Old January 4th, 2014, 01:49 AM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

Most certainly. I'll host (put the details together for) the Vancouver event and the NHSD if needed. This is an awesome idea Kai to keep some great interest in scape in the Northwest. Hopefully people will bring in a player or 2 to the competitive scene (although all our tournaments have been competitive, they are nothing but fun). This could create some more gatherings, small and big- awesome.
Old January 4th, 2014, 01:08 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is super generous prize support so I think it would be totally fair to pay $5-10 to be in the league.

Last edited by Toogwick_tuk; January 4th, 2014 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Oops wrong amount.
Old January 4th, 2014, 02:51 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
OH WOW! Aquilla's Alliance? Oh gee... I need to get a lot better at this game lol.
Good one William!

I'm definitely up for a Heroscape league.

Still, that's awfully generous of you Kai. Are you sure about this?
Old January 5th, 2014, 01:18 PM

My Heroscape collection is pretty ridiculous - but our Seattle playgroup has thinned out so much .. that it is time to share my Horde

If we can get at least 20 people to join the League, that will be $100 towards the prize support .. and I'm cool with that.

So get out there and start recruiting for the League!!!
Old January 8th, 2014, 08:05 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Huskies16 and I are in.
Old January 8th, 2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Huskies16 and I are in.

Well that takes us to at least 10 : ) Let's see if we can get to 20.
Old January 9th, 2014, 01:20 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Count me in. I may be able to get the church again for host space. December was just too busy for it but for the most of the rest of the year it isn't a big deal.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 11th, 2014, 04:48 AM

majestic goat knows what's in an order marker majestic goat knows what's in an order marker majestic goat knows what's in an order marker

Count me in!!! Can definitely help in some way with a Vancouver tournament! I'll put out the call to some other players in my circle that aren't on heroscapers (I know...I know ) and see if I can get them to join in the fun as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers