Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 18th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
5/18/13 Savage Throwdown Post-tourney Thread

Tourney thread here.

Five rounds, Reverse the Whip, three rounds with your own army followed by two with your opponent's.

1. Bassist of Doom 5-0 (Warriors of Ashra x3, Jordawn, Chardris, Kyntela, Emiroon)
2. Clancampbell 4-1 (Krav, Syvarris, Theracus, Marcus, Romans x2)
3. Gurei-Ornery 4-1 (Dreadgul Raiders, Valguard, Guilty, Krav)
4. KidScaper 4-1 (Eltahale, Mezzodemon x4)
5. DadScaper 3-2 (Jotun, Goblin Cutters x4 (drop a Goblin))
6. Akden 3-2 (Cyprien, Sonya, Nilfheim, Marcu, Deathreavers x1)
7. Legos 3-2 of Bleakewoode (Zaeus, Kursus, Gorillinators x2, Siiv, Hoplitron x1)
8. kldonnelly 3-2 (Othkurik, Greenscales x3, Stingers x2)
9. Pieface! 2-3 (Charos, 4th Mass, Thorgrimm, Finn)
10. Robber 2-3 (Raelin, Nakitas, Warforged Soldiers x3)
11. Xanth 2-3 (Marro Hive, Su Bak Na, Stingers x2)
12. Hivelord #4 2-3 (Brunak, Torin, Raelin, Greater Ice Elemental)
13. Bill 2-3 (Cyprien, Me Burq Sa, Deadeye Dan, Death Chasers x3, Isamu)
14. Crichton 2-3 (Iron GOlem, Isamu, Brunak, Kumiko, Eltahale)
15. Kevin 2-3 (Braxas, Airborne Elite, Raelin, Deathreavers x1)
16. Luc 2-3 (Braxas, Greensacles x3, Marro Warriors)
17. 10th Regiment of Death 1-4 (Nakitas, Krav, Agent Skahen, Agent Carr)
18. Fin 0-2 (Shiori, Greenscales x1, Drow x1, Raelin, others)
19. Friend of KidScaper 0-2 (10th x3, Brunak, Agent Carr)

Congrats, Bassist of Doom. Well earned, and well deserved.

A few things leap out at me here. First, I notice KidScaper, for the second time in recent history, finished very well playing an army very light, in this case, 40 points. This time the reason is he had miscalculated & was playing with a fifth squad, for which he was busted in Round 2 and played without it the rest of the day (the extra squad had no effect on his round 1 game). Kudos to Xanth for counting points and catching the error early!

Second, I am fascinated there were more Raelins than we see normally. We don't normally have more than one or two at an event. Here there were plenty of them, though none in the top 10.

I have more half-formed thoughts bouncing around in my head but that's all for now.

Many, many thanks as usual to kldonnelly for helping me with the handling of the pairings. I was going to thank you after but you disappeared before open gaming night.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; May 21st, 2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old May 19th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 5/18/13 Savage Throwdown Post-tourney Thread

I just wanted to say thanks to Dad_Scaper for yet another great tournament, and congratulations to Bassist of Doom on the win. Those flippin' elves gave me a lot of trouble, and I'm still struggling with how soundly they defeated me.

I always plan to write a battle report but usually don't, so I'll at least provide a few highlights (and lowlights) from my day:

1. Having a rat on the move +2 glyph with Cyprien literally streaking from one side or the map to the other. A move of 10 is just plain nuts!

2. In that same game against Crichton, rolling a 20 for Chill Touch and just sucking the life right out of a full life iron golem in one fell swoop.

3. Having a Cyprien vs Cyprien matchup to end the day against Bill. The match ended with the two Cypriens trading attempts at Chill Touch and then attacking each other over and over, until I finally got one more lucky roll than him.

4. In Reverse the Whip, watching my (Dad_Scaper's) Jotun go down after barely a scratch, and then feeding my (again, really D_S's) Goblin Cutters to Cyprien like so many little snack packs.

5. Playing what seemed like 10 games of The Resistance afterwards to end the night.

Once again, a great tournament, and lots of fun was had by all. Can't wait until the next one (realizing that it might not be until the fall).

Last edited by akden; May 19th, 2013 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Flippin' elves
Old May 19th, 2013, 01:37 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Congratulations, BOD!

Old May 19th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What a crazy day, and by crazy I mean awesome! Really had a blast. Congrats again to BOD.

A few notes.

Round 1 vs Luc. I was very afraid of Braxas, and breathed a huge sigh of relife when she died. (She still gased 2 of my krav and 3 Romans though)

Round 2 vs Dad Scaper. I really misplayed my order markers early, underestimated the goblins, and my dice took a nap. Let's not forget that DS is a great player too. Still managed to rally and eek out a win.

Round 3 vs Eric? Again, I was very afriad of Charos. (What up with these dragons?) Risked a few leaving engagements with my krav, which turned out to be key. Always attack Charos from range.

Round 4 vs Gurei-Ornery. Drive it like you stole it. Using his army, managed an epic Valguard rally, and stole victory by points.

Round 5 vs BOD. I looked at his army at the start and wondered how it got him to the finals. While playing it, I found out. An epic final battle between Theracus and Keyntela Gwyn, would decide the tournament.(no I'm not kidding.) You guys know the rest.

Still 4-1 and second place. An awesome day for me!

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old May 19th, 2013, 07:18 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Thanks everyone and thanks Dad_Scaper for setting it all up! I must admit I was not expecting to win with the ensemble Robber picked for me, and I'd say basically every game was a close call. How my day went:

Round 1 vs Gabe
I was nervous considering he fielded four custom units and Gorillinators, which I had never played against, and for a while my Elf Wizards were losing a bloody battle against the apes while the WoA looked on from the start zone. However, in one fateful turn Emirroon summoned three warriors and their close proximity to the apes allowed them to hunt them down.

Round 2 vs Eric
Another close call. I took down his 4th Mass, Finn and Thorgrimm but by the time I did I had 6-7 warriors left, Emirroon and Kyntela. Both the Wizards died soon after but thanks to some height advantage and an attack glyph I was able to slay Charos with three warriors left.

Round 3 vs Akden
This one I handled a little more easily thanks to some strong dice rolls. I was able to fend of Nilfheim's ice shard long enough to take him down without too much damage to my wizards or warriors. Cyprien was a little harder to take down but once he was gone it was just cleanup.

Round 4 vs Krista
This time I fielded Othkurik, Greenscales x3(?), and Stingers x2. However, on the first turn I moved Othkurik out too far and he was slain by the warriors. Luckily, although I had never used the stingers before I mobilized them and the Greenscales I had moved out previously grabbed glyphs and acted as a screen. The stingers took height and wreaked havoc.

Round 5 vs Clan
This was just crazy. At first I must admit I thought I was going to win handily, but I lost two Kravs early and relied on my Romans to do most of the Elf-killing. They did fine, but losing the Kravs hurt and I never actually used Theracus to move Syvarris out of the start zone. He did a good amount of what he was supposed to, but Chardris and the warriors tracked him down and killed him. At that point I had Theracus while Clan had one warrior and Kyntela. By an incredibly fortunate stroke of luck I took down his warrior almost right away and before Theracus even lost a life. Then in an epic showdown-of-all-showdowns, a veritable clash of the titans the valiant and courageous Theracus bested the powerful Kyntela Gwyn for the victory. Pretty awesome way to get my first ever tournament win.
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:17 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

OP updated!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 22nd, 2013, 07:18 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Second, I am fascinated there were more Raelins than we see normally. We don't normally have more than one or two at an event. Here there were plenty of them, though none in the top 10.
I count 3. Seems like a low number with 18 players. (Shrugs)

Even after playing with it in the final round, I still look at the composition of BOD's army and wonder how the #^$$ he won with it. Sometimes it's not the army, but the player. Obviously BOD is a darn fine player! Congrats again!

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events