Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old May 11th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Matt Helm's Customs - * cards with new template by A3n u

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post

Let me know which of your other cards are right to go & I'll start on them as I get the opportunity.

As for the medic I can definitely say she is in proportion to the crouching AE, but as I don't have the other agents I can't comment on them as a group.

Cheers
Thanks for the updates so fast. My ink cartridge is going to hate me.

As for the next batch ready to go, I think this group (I've put a running list on the first board) is solid:

A3n Cards Ready for the New Template:
Crimson Dynamo
Human Torch (NM24)
Namor
Super-Skrull (in Coil Wrap, "engaged to" should be changed to "engaged with")
The Thing (NM24)
Green Lantern
Martian Manhunter

I'll keep reviewing the rest.

I would love to know if anyone else has the Medic and thinks she is OK with the rest of the squad.
Old May 12th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Well I'm loving the A3n Star Wars Template, so before he finalizes the look, I though I'd give him a new card write up for the Rebel Alliance faction so that he can check his template choices against a different color scheme.

So I just paid too much for the mini, and here is the write up...
---------------------------------------------------------
LUKE SKYWALKER

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
JEDI
VALIANT
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 5

HEROIC REBEL
When Luke Skywalker attacks, he may attack 1 additional time for each Unique Hero you control within 5 spaces of Luke Skywalker, with at least 1 wound marker on their card. Luke Skywalker may receive up to a maximum of 2 additional attacks for Heroic Rebel this turn.

STEALTH LEAP
Instead of his normal move, Luke Skywalker may Leap. Leap has a move 3. When counting spaces for a Luke Skywalker's leaping movement, ignore elevations. Luke Skywalker may leap over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Luke Skywalker may not leap more than 12 levels up or down in a single leap. If a Luke Skywalker is engaged when he starts to leap, he does not take any leaving engagement attacks.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Mini pics:
Spoiler Alert!

**** PS, I think we should change Darth Vader's "LEAP 2" to simply "STEALTH LEAP" and also allow him 3 spaces.

Last edited by Matt Helm; September 14th, 2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old May 17th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Well I'm loving the A3n Star Wars Template, so before he finalizes the look, I though I'd give him a new card write up for the Rebel Alliance faction so that he can check his template choices against a different color scheme.

So I just paid too much for the mini, and here is the write up...
---------------------------------------------------------
LUKE SKYWALKER

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
JEDI
VALIANT
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 6
ATTACK: 4

HEROIC REBEL
When Luke Skywalker attacks, he may attack 1 additional time for each Unique Hero you control within 5 spaces of Luke Skywalker, with at least 1 wound marker on their card, up to a maximum of 2 additional attacks for Heroic Rebel.

LIGHTSABER DUEL
When engaged with a Jedi or Sith, Luke Skywalker can only attack or be attacked by an adjacent Jedi or Sith.

STEALTH LEAP
Instead of his normal move, Luke Skywalker may Leap. Leap has a move 3. When counting spaces for a Luke Skywalker's leaping movement, ignore elevations. Luke Skywalker may leap over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Luke Skywalker may not leap more than 12 levels up or down in a single leap. If a Luke Skywalker is engaged when he starts to leap, he does not take any leaving engagement attacks.
**** PS, I think we should change Darth Vader's "LEAP 2" to simply "STEALTH LEAP" and also allow him 3 spaces.
Nice job, Mr. Helm.
This version of Luke has the blaster pistol. Have you thought about giving him a ranged special attack?

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 15th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Captain Underpants

Shhhhhh, don't tell IAmBatman but I was thinking about "Helming" (aka simplifying) my Batman custom and I finally realized that to do so, I needed to cut down the inner fanboy in me. We all know that Batman is the man, but as the official Spider-Man card shows us, you don't have to cost 200 points or more just because your a blue chip superhero.

So I looked at my card and decided that Counter Strike was the ability to go. Batman is skilled in the Martial Arts but I think it was this "Samurai" based power that needed to be sacrificed.

I wanted to maintain the stealth ability so that his survivability would be similar to Spidey's. But instead of "sensing" the danger coming, he rolls with it, evades it, uses deception and stealth to fool his attacker, or just conveniently has body armor in the perfect spot. Therefore, "Into The Shadows" would stay with a tweak to the numbers and a change to the name.

Also, I changed the Batarangs to make them a little less cookie cutter, again borrowing from the Spidey concept. With that, I reduced the total movement on the Bat-Line to avoid kiting with a ranged attack.

I think I've finally gotten the version of Batman that I want. He can hold his own in melee with the middle range, spread out some Batarangs against converging squads, and disappear into the night either while either attacking or defending. All without packing too much of a punch but with enough to survive late into the game.
-----------------------------------------------------
BATMAN

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
VIGILANTE
STRATEGIC
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 4
MOVE: 5
ATTACK: 5

EXPLOSIVE BATARANG SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
When Batman attacks with his Explosive Batarang Special Attack, he may attack 2 additional times. Any time Batman inflicts at least 1 wound on an opponent's figure with Explosive Batarang Special Attack, he may immediately move using his Bat-Line special power. If Batman moves after any attack, he cannot attack again this turn.

STEALTH DEFENSE 13
When Batman receives 1 or more wounds, before placing any wound markers on this card, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, ignore any wounds.

BAT-LINE 3
Instead of his normal move, Batman may use Bat-Line. Bat-Line has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Batman's Bat-Line movement, ignore elevations. Batman may Bat-Line over water without stopping, over figures without becoming engaged, and over obstacles such as ruins. Batman may not Bat-Line more than 30 levels up in a single move. If Batman is engaged when he starts to Bat-Line, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
-------------------------------------------------------
I hope it came across correctly that what I was trying to do with the Special Attack is really make the number of Batarangs thrown a real optional choice. If he wants, when one Batarang explodes (whether it's the first, second or third throw) and causes a wound, Batman can end his turn by Bat-Lining away. It should make the player consider sometimes whether or not he wants to roll for another or move to higher ground out of range.

Last edited by Matt Helm; June 13th, 2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old May 15th, 2010, 09:34 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
We all know that Batman is the man, but as the official Spider-Man card shows us, you don't have to cost 200 points or more just because your a blue chip superhero.
I didn't see anything particularly wrong with your earlier Batman, but since I play with my own 175-point Batman, I heartily agree.

I like the changes, but Explosive Batarang could read a bit smoother. How about:

When Batman attacks with his Explosive Batarang Special Attack, he may attack 2 additional times. If he inflicts at least 1 wound on an opponent's figure, he may immediately move using his Bat Line special power, but cannot attack again this turn.
Old May 15th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Captain Underpants

Black Adam only needs one word added in the first power:

POWER OF SHAZAM
When Black Adam attacks, he receives one extra attack die for each revealed Order Marker on the defending figure's card.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Photos of mini (I think I like the 1st one because it looks similar to the Captain Marvel pose):
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Matt Helm; June 18th, 2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old May 15th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Captain Underpants

Re: Matt Helm's Customs - Luke Skywalker 1st draft/Batman up

I like what you're thinking Sherman but I have one question. Is it clear that he can target different figures if he wants? I think it is, but just asking.

I want to make sure that the attacker knows he can spread the 3 around if he wants or let them all fly on one opponent. Either way, once he strikes a hit, he has the option of fleeing or continuing.

I think your wording does it. I was too focused on official wording that I ended up merging to the point of clunkiness.

My only concern is that someone could argue that once he scores a hit, regardless of whether he moves or not he can't attack again.
Old May 15th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Captain Underpants

Double post.

But what if I tweaked Sherman's wording ever so slightly...
----------------------------------------------------------------
Range 5. Attack 3.
When Batman attacks with his Explosive Batarang Special Attack, he may attack 2 additional times. If he inflicts at least 1 wound on an opponent's figure with any attack, he may immediately move using his Bat-Line special power, but cannot attack again after moving.

Last edited by Matt Helm; May 15th, 2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old May 15th, 2010, 10:16 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Double post.

Range 5. Attack 3.
When Batman attacks with his Explosive Batarang Special Attack, he may attack 2 additional times. If he inflicts at least 1 wound on an opponent's figure with any attack, he may immediately move using his Bat-Line special power, but cannot attack again after moving.
I'm not sure the "with any attack" part is necessary, but otherwise that should do it.
Old May 16th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Double post.

Range 5. Attack 3.
I'm not sure the "with any attack" part is necessary, but otherwise that should do it.
I added that part in to avoid someone thinking that the "immediately" kicks in after all three attacks instead of after 1 of the three attacks. In other words, could somebody argue that if I inflicted a wound on the first attack, I could still attack 2 more times. Then since I inflicted at least 1 wound this turn, I can immediately move at the end of my turn.

But I really want to lose that part because it sounds horrible. Do you think that there is only one interpretation without it. Between "immediately" and "cannot attack again", it should probably be enough, right?
Old May 16th, 2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
I added that part in to avoid someone thinking that the "immediately" kicks in after all three attacks instead of after 1 of the three attacks. But I really want to lose that part because it sounds horrible. Do you think that there is only one interpretation without it. Between "immediately" and "cannot attack again", it should probably be enough, right?
Yeah, I think the "cannot attack again" is enough to indicate that Swing Line can be used after the first or second attack. Here's another possible option:

When Batman attacks with his Explosive Batarang Special Attack, he may attack 2 additional times. Any time he inflicts at least 1 wound on an opponent's figure with Explosive Batarang Special Attack, he may immediately move using his Bat-Line special power, but cannot attack again after moving in this way.
Old May 19th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Captain Underpants

You know, I noticed the blast pistol after I got the figure (and well after the write up idea). It's an interesting idea but I really don't want to throw off the balance of the card by giving him a ranged attack. Besides, after Luke embraced the saber as his weopen, he really didn't use the blaster ever again so I think it would be out of character.

I'm still debating about Lightsaber Duel on Luke as it might be fun to take it off of him. It's great on Vader and will end up on my eventual Obi Wan but I'm toying with the idea of leaving Luke vulnerable to ranged attacks while he's dueling and giving him the reckless freedom to attack other adjacent foes with his multiple attacks. I haven't decided yet so maybe some Star Wars fans will help me with that one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations