Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 12th, 2022, 02:30 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Grungebob,

I agree that pulling out would be a strong message on the Haslab campaign, but when I think of some toy Haslabs that failed, it seemed the message was it was, "it is too little for the price, or no demand for the product even at a lesser price."
With the Heroscape Haslab, I don't feel it is the price or the quantity of pieces. Tha main issues is the number of backers needed, it seems higher than the residual fan base that has carried on over the past 12 years. I could be wrong, but if this was there approach in 2004ish, Heroscape may not have been made then.
Back then they game expanded its fan base because people had it in hand and shared the play with others. I was getting others into the game because I had product in hand, and then they could go to Target, Walmart, or Toys R Us and have some product too in a very short time period. And many of those fans would buy and play it if available, but they were not hardcore hold-ons to the game ounce the line ended. I think many would be back if it was a sure thing.

So back to the backers number required, it seems too high.
For HeroQuest, it seems the rough number needed was 6,667 mythic tier ($150) pledges to reach $1,000,000. And if 1,000,000 is the Heroscape goal, then that should be about 4,000 $250 pledges, not the 8,000 needed to fund. So maybe their production breaking point is 2,000,000.
I reference HeroQuest since it is the same company, and I know the main cost difference is the plastic tiles and terrain for Heroscape, so they are not completely comparable for that simple reason. HeroQuest also got about 24,000 to 25,000 backers, which I believe include retailers too--since Gamestop got their basic copies shortly after I received my copies of the Haslab HeroQuest. HeroQuest has also been a grail game for many gamers for over 20-25 years simply due to its entry to gaming nostalgia and the 2nd market prices going all the way back to the early years of Ebay.
I don't think Heroscape has all of that yet, though it is the largest part of my game collection (dwarfing all other titles in my 300+ games and expansions). It think the game is wonderful and one of the best, but I think its backing goal for success is being measured against something it is not (after the other game showed how demand for it appeared to be).

I believe Heroscape would be funded if it had an orignal goal to HeroQuest. Instead, I think that final numbers for HeroQuest forced the Heroscape campaign to double its goal, because the new measure for success had been established. I could be completely wrong about all of this, but nonetheless, it is my reason for still trying to back rather than pulling out. I want it to be known I would like the product and the price for this huge lot is okay for me.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion