Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 26th, 2015, 05:30 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
If you're referencing the Pirates Spidey, I root for them every chance I get since they were my dad's team growing up and also had one of my favorite players when I was first paying attention to baseball (Brian Giles). Arizona consistently disappoints me but I can not imagine the stuff that the Cubs, Indians (last WS win in 48), Pirates, (Red Sox before they won a bunch), and other such teams fans have had to go through. It's actually funny since I have a friend who is a Mariners fan and one who is an Indians fan we've actually had many years where we can all lament our team's suckitude.

~Dysole, who pretty much roots for the underdog at every opportunity
I hope that when the day comes that the Cubs finally do win their fans don't become as annoying as the Red Socks fans...I use to think Yankee fans were the most obnoxious fans ever...then the Red Socks finally won and I realized I was wrong. The team itself I have no issue with but man those fans...

I was actually part of the design team that worked on Fenway South (the replica spring training stadium in Fort Myers, FL) and enjoyed the people associated with the team but the fans were a different story. No wonder Theo left.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 26th, 2015, 05:44 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
If you're referencing the Pirates Spidey, I root for them every chance I get since they were my dad's team growing up and also had one of my favorite players when I was first paying attention to baseball (Brian Giles). Arizona consistently disappoints me but I can not imagine the stuff that the Cubs, Indians (last WS win in 48), Pirates, (Red Sox before they won a bunch), and other such teams fans have had to go through. It's actually funny since I have a friend who is a Mariners fan and one who is an Indians fan we've actually had many years where we can all lament our team's suckitude.

I hope that when the day comes that the Cubs finally do win their fans don't become as annoying as the Red Socks fans...I use to think Yankee fans were the most obnoxious fans ever...then the Red Socks finally won and I realized I was wrong. The team itself I have no issue with but man those fans...

I was actually part of the design team that worked on Fenway South (the replica spring training stadium in Fort Myers, FL) and enjoyed the people associated with the team but the fans were a different story. No wonder Theo left.
If it happens in my lifetime, I promise that I will do my best to only be annoying to the Cardinal fans who have been obnoxious to me lo these many years. OK, maybe some Mets fans, too.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old October 26th, 2015, 08:44 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

If it happens in my lifetime, I promise that I will do my best to only be annoying to the Cardinal fans who have been obnoxious to me lo these many years. OK, maybe some Mets fans, too.
Fair enough...and I'm fine with that.

One of my best friends is a die hard Cubs fan so I've watched him suffer.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 27th, 2015, 01:28 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: MLB

I want to point out that the Cubs have been in the NLCS twice while the gracious fans from the Steel City have suffered these long years. @Dysole , I can relate to your story. As a youth I had no problem rooting for the Pirates, but after about 8 years of inept ownership, I'd had enough. The tipping point for me was when ownership refused to sell to Mark Cuban, a lifelong Pirates fan. About 7 years ago, I asked my Dad, whose fandom never waivered, how he could still root tirelessly for them. He shared a story about his dad and a Pirates win that brought tears to both our eyes. I will never root for any other team again, at least when facing the Pirates. They will forever more be number 1 in my heart.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee

Last edited by Spidey'tilIDie; October 27th, 2015 at 12:02 PM.
Old October 27th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well, what about my suffering as a Giants fan... what? Oh. Ahem. Sorry...

~Aldin, glad someone else gets a shot this year

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 27th, 2015, 11:10 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I wouldn't worry too much Spidey you've still got a young team still and a farm system that is pretty well stocked.
Yeah, hard to dislike a team that used to have "We Are Family" as a theme song. That said, the Pirates have it rough because, as much potential as they have, they are cursed with being stuck in the NL Central with the Cards. Ouch.
Old October 27th, 2015, 12:04 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I'd just like to make the playoffs one year and NOT face a team in a one game series that only has one good pitcher.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old November 2nd, 2015, 10:58 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Well, it was a magical season for my Mets, but in the end there just wasn't enough pixie dust to keep it going. Congratulations to the Royals for rebounding from last year's WS loss to take it all this year; hopefully my Mets can follow their example. The better team won this WS, and with any luck the Mets will be that better team next October.
Old November 2nd, 2015, 11:08 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I couldn't name a single player on the Mets, Sherman, but I want you to know I was rooting for them.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 2nd, 2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I couldn't name a single player on the Mets, Sherman, but I want you to know I was rooting for them.
Old November 2nd, 2015, 11:31 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ok, that's one.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 2nd, 2015, 03:17 PM
A Man of Taste

I didn't have a team involved here but this was actually one of the more entertaining World Series I've seen in awhile. Can't really say that the Mets "lost" this series it was definitely a case where Kansas City "won" it. Highly competitive for a 4-1 series.

Man the Royals were fearless. I was a very fast (clocked at 3.1 seconds from the box to first base in a game once) and I don't think I would have had the guts take home there in the 9th. Having a 3-1 lead in the series probably helped but if he gets caught there it's game over and you lose.

I know some were dogging the first baseman there for the bad throw but man come on...he didn't have the luxury of taking his time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV