Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old March 25th, 2019, 12:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Workshop

I dig the bullet proof suit, power. Basically he shrugs it off if it's not too much damage.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 25th, 2019, 12:03 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Speedball is one of my favorite designs so would love to see the rest of the New Warriors get designed. I would definitely prefer the version of the power that doesn’t have the clunky personality restriction. Just attempt to have the New Warriors hit an even point total and work well (enough to not blow up a city) together.
Old March 25th, 2019, 12:38 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Not surprised. After he ruined multiple playtests I dubbed him Speedball the Unstoppable and quit testing with him.
Old March 25th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
NEW WARRIORS
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Crime Fighter you control and taking a turn with that Crime Fighter, you may remove an Order Marker from the card of another Crime Fighter you control to take a turn with that figure, adding 1 to its Attack number if it has a Reckless personality. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

And to rope in Dedicated... maybe put this on a Justice card? I tweaked the New Warriors power above to REMOVE OMs from the Crime Fighters taking a turn, so you can activate Reckless figures without messing up the solidarity.

DEDICATED SOLIDARITY
As long as all of your revealed Order Markers are on Unique Dedicated Heroes, they add 1 to their Defense numbers.
I really like this take. It'll give the New Warriors characters the ability to blend into the larger Crime Fighter web but it'll also encourage you to play them together. It's also cool this system ropes in Nova Prime as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Personally I'd just go with the 2nd one. Those who really want to play the thematically correct team can do so, and you can try to encourage that by having the team form up at a team point level (800, 1000, 1200). Everyone else can still use the figures in randomly constructed armies featuring crime fighters.
I think Johnny's system mostly does that. In fact, looking at it carefully, the power on Night Thrasher might need some limits so he doesn't outclass Luke Cage as a Crime Fighter leader in some cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I dig the bullet proof suit, power. Basically he shrugs it off if it's not too much damage.
I'd love to take credit but it's a reuse off Batwoman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
...work well (enough to not blow up a city) together.
That's rude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Not surprised. After he ruined multiple playtests I dubbed him Speedball the Unstoppable and quit testing with him.
Interesting. I've played him a few times and always found that while he's seemingly invincible, he can never really inflict enough wounds to start bouncing around too crazy. Him and Enchantress does sound nasty though.
Old March 26th, 2019, 03:43 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

NAME = NIGHT THRASHER
SECRET IDENTITY = DWAYNE TAYLOR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = DEDICATED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

NEW WARRIORS
After revealing an order marker on the card of a Crime Fighter you control and taking a turn with that Crime Fighter, you may remove an Order Marker from the card of another Crime Fighter you control to take a turn with that figure, adding 1 to its attack number if it has a Reckless personality. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

ESCRIMA ASSAULT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
Choose up to two figures to attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. After attacking with this special attack, night thrasher may attack with this special attack one additional time.

BULLETPROOF SUIT
If a non-adjacent figure targets Night Thrasher for an attack and rolls 2 or fewer skulls, you may ignore that attack.
Quote:

NAME = JUSTICE/MARVEL BOY
SECRET IDENTITY = VANCE ASTROVIK

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = DEDICATED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

TELEKINETIC THROW 13
After moving and before attacking, you may choose a small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Justice. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, you may place the chosen figure on any empty space within 4 spaces of its original placement. After the figure is placed, you may roll the 20-sided die for damage. If you roll 11 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound. Chosen figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

TELEKINETIC DEFENDER
If an opponent's figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Justice targets a figure you control for an attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. Before rolling, you may choose to subtract 3 from your roll. If you roll 13 or higher, the figure cannot attack this turn and if you subtracted 3 from your roll, the figure receives a wound.

DEDICATED SOLIDARITY
As long as all of your revealed Order Markers are on Unique Dedicated Heroes, they add 1 to their Defense numbers.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
So how does this look for the two designs, with Johnny's versions of the powers?
Old March 26th, 2019, 03:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like Telekinetic Defender, but I think it should be restricted to normal attacks. And maybe restricted as to the types of figures he can defend with it, just in the name of being wary of defensive pod play.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 26th, 2019, 04:24 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I like Telekinetic Defender, but I think it should be restricted to normal attacks. And maybe restricted as to the types of figures he can defend with it, just in the name of being wary of defensive pod play.
Cosmic Boy’s power has a wider range (5 spaces), works against all attacks that target a figure, and on a roll of 14 or higher, can negate the attack, inflict a wound, and move a figure. Then again, I do think Cos is a bit overpowered and so much of his point value goes i to being a Legion hub that it keeps him from being a generalist unit.

I think restricting it to normal attacks only is fine, but I would like to keep it open to all figures instead of restricting it to just one or two classes or something like that. There’s a lot of armies/teams you could potentially slot Vance into (New Warriors, Avengers, The Initiative, Avengers Academy, maybe even Guardians of the Galaxy) and it would be nice if he could roll with them all. How about;
Quote:
TELEKINETIC DEFENDER
If an opponent's figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Justice targets a figure you control for a normal attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. Before rolling, you may choose to subtract 3 from your roll. If you roll 13 or higher, you may ignore that attack and if you subtracted 3 from your roll, the figure receives a wound.

Last edited by MrNobody; March 26th, 2019 at 04:53 PM.
Old March 26th, 2019, 05:15 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

The issue with powers like this is that even if newer ones are weaker than one already available they start to stack on top of each other and get busted real quick. There's just a finite amount of unrestricted passive powers like that (or defense boosts or D-20 boosters etc.) that the game can tolerate.

If you don't want to put in class/personality/whatever restrictions, maybe adding a requirement that Justice needs an OM on his card for TK Defender to trigger? Twas something discussed a while ago in Songbird's book, though she ended up going a different direction, but that's one of the cleanest ways to prevent future stacking madness.

-

On Night Thrasher, is he supposed to require you to remove an unrevealed Order Marker? As it stands you can just remove the X, 1, and 2 in that order and never actually give up a turn. I actually think that's fine and pretty interesting, but I'm not sure if that's what you intended.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 26th, 2019, 05:38 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'd prefer an OM restriction to a class restriction, personally.
I like how Night Thrasher's leadership removes the OMs from figures he activates, allowing you to activate non-Dedicated figures while maintaining Justice's Defence boost.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 26th, 2019, 05:44 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
The issue with powers like this is that even if newer ones are weaker than one already available they start to stack on top of each other and get busted real quick. There's just a finite amount of unrestricted passive powers like that (or defense boosts or D-20 boosters etc.) that the game can tolerate.

If you don't want to put in class/personality/whatever restrictions, maybe adding a requirement that Justice needs an OM on his card for TK Defender to trigger? Twas something discussed a while ago in Songbird's book, though she ended up going a different direction, but that's one of the cleanest ways to prevent future stacking madness.
That is a fair point, thanks for the advice. I think requiring an OM could absolutely work, but should it just be an OM or a revealed/unrevealed OM?
Quote:
On Night Thrasher, is he supposed to require you to remove an unrevealed Order Marker? As it stands you can just remove the X, 1, and 2 in that order and never actually give up a turn. I actually think that's fine and pretty interesting, but I'm not sure if that's what you intended.
Can't speak for Johnny, but my intention was to have it be unrevealed OMs only. Allowing revealed OMs would pretty solidly make him better than Luke Cage, right? I do think being able to remove all OMs is interesting, that would be really cool for a Legion unit.
Old March 26th, 2019, 06:19 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post

That is a fair point, thanks for the advice. I think requiring an OM could absolutely work, but should it just be an OM or a revealed/unrevealed OM?
Just any OM is fine, it's just to prevent future stacking. As you say, the power on it's own is not broken or what-not. No need to limit its individual potential anymore than necessary.

Quote:
Quote:
Can't speak for Johnny, but my intention was to have it be unrevealed OMs only. Allowing revealed OMs would pretty solidly make him better than Luke Cage, right? I do think being able to remove all OMs is interesting, that would be really cool for a Legion unit.
Not necessarily. Even if you can burn revealed OMs, you're still giving up a lot of flexibility (since you have to lock into a specific chain of activations at the start of the round) and your OMs/Turns are going to be a bit more vulnerable. You do get the advantage of the different combos you can pull with different mixes of two Crime Fighters, but Cage gets a whole other class to pull from and he's not a terrible figure to take turns with by any means. Night Thrasher's might be a bit better, but the powers are different enough that they're not really that comparable in the first place IMO.

Mostly just depends on what you want this guy's cost to be. If he's supposed to be significantly cheaper than Cage, then yeah you should go with the unrevealed bit. If not, I'd say you could keep it any OM for now if you want and just see what he feels like once he gets to playtesting.

You might want to bump his stats down a bit, like 1 less range and defense or something, that would give you more room to play with the bonding power.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 26th, 2019, 07:40 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The Night Thrasher figure is awesome. I really want to see that one get a card

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy