Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old June 11th, 2009, 08:43 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 100% Theoryscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I think the range +4 glyph is far too much, range +1 sounds much better to me (if at all like you said).

Don't care much for the defense +1 glyph (nevermind +2), slows the game down too much IMO. It's hard enough to kill a Sentinel with height backed by Raelin and Concan, no need for overkill.

Love move +2, a saving grace for some melee squads. I'm not sure I like +4 though, but if I had to vote between +4 move and +4 range, I go with move.

LOVED seeing my deathstalkers cruising along at NINE move, and my templar at TEN!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old June 11th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

As far as glyphs go, I don't really use them. I did in the beginning with certain senarios and what not. I think they change the game a bit. Insted of a battle against your foe, it becomes a battle to get the glyph.

Someone using rats, could grap a glyph or two right off. Rats, by their very nature, would be hard to dislodge from the glyphs. This would put the rat player at a distinct advantage throughout the game.
If memory serves, we haven't gotten any new glyphs since wave 1. Why, are the designers just cheap, or have glyphs gone out of fashion, and lost their place in the game as the game has evolved? I think its the latter.

Mitinsol, adds such a random action that its not fun for either player.

The range glyph adds range in a game already dominated by range.

I could go on, but I won't. I'm just not a big fan of glyphs.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old June 11th, 2009, 09:26 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

We got new glyphs with SotM.

I like glyphs, they force you to fight in areas of a map that you otherwise would bypass (instead of the battle being just for the highest point).

There have been glyph pools in each of the last two tourneys I've played in.

-insert signature here-
Old June 11th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Not to derail the thread, but I don't remember glyphs in SOTM. Maybe I overlooked them.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old June 11th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Quote:
Not to derail the thread, but I don't remember glyphs in SOTM. Maybe I overlooked them.
Common and Unique Attack are the two most commonly used in the tournaments I've been to. Wound and Order Marker Removal are two fun twists that I like to see too. There's also Wind and Negation that I don't like as much.

Is that everything?
Old June 11th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You weren't looking very hard, then, they were there ... and a lot of new ones, such as the common attack +1, were introduced.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 11th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Mitonsoul can be quite deadly, In all 4 games I have played with this glyphs some one has died. One shade, and one 10th are not a big deal, but I have seen Braxis and Nif go down, resulting in a very lopsided game.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old June 11th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The glyph pool I see most commonly:
  • Common Attack + 1
  • Unique Attack +1
  • Defense +1
  • Move + 4
  • Initiative +8
  • d20 +1
Those are the only ones I like to use since they aren't too deadly. *cough* Thorian *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Common and Unique Attack are the two most commonly used in the tournaments I've been to. Wound and Order Marker Removal are two fun twists that I like to see too. There's also Wind and Negation that I don't like as much.

Is that everything?
There's also Pit Trap.
Old June 11th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Is that everything?
Just about

Common and Unique +1
Wound and Order Marker
Negation, but no wind. Wind is wave 1.
Thorian and the pit trap are in there as well along with another Brandar to bring the total to 8.
Old June 11th, 2009, 12:45 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like to try out different armies, but have very little luck with melee armies because they tend to get slaughtered by ranged units before they get a chance to show their stuff. I created a custom glyph 'cause I was so tired of having to do the ranged thing if I wanted to be competitive.

I call it the Glyph of Pacifica (nicknamed the Fog glyph): All LOS is reduced to range 1.

Since I introduced it into our gaming group, somebody always chooses it as one of the glyph pool (not just me). I take this as positive reinforcement that I'm not the only one feeling this way.

This has the effect of neutralizing Auras too, so Raelin is no longer de rigueur in all the builds.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old June 11th, 2009, 01:26 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

A LOS blocking glyph like Fog would be a great addition IMO. Possibly too powerful for a tournament, but worth trying nonetheless. To an extent Thorian already does this.

-insert signature here-
Old June 11th, 2009, 02:46 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
As far as glyphs go, I don't really use them. I did in the beginning with certain senarios and what not. I think they change the game a bit. Insted of a battle against your foe, it becomes a battle to get the glyph.

Someone using rats, could grap a glyph or two right off. Rats, by their very nature, would be hard to dislodge from the glyphs. This would put the rat player at a distinct advantage throughout the game.
If memory serves, we haven't gotten any new glyphs since wave 1. Why, are the designers just cheap, or have glyphs gone out of fashion, and lost their place in the game as the game has evolved? I think its the latter.

Mitinsol, adds such a random action that its not fun for either player.

The range glyph adds range in a game already dominated by range.

I could go on, but I won't. I'm just not a big fan of glyphs.
Glyphs, no glyphs = apples, oranges

I didn't get them 'til I tryed them (first time, last night). They supply an objective, forcing a different type of army creation. Speed and mobility trump pure killing power. I do think that it is a good idea to subjectively pre-determine the glyph pool.

David

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles