Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 25th, 2020, 07:03 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Orc's Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
In defense of Chasers, they have 2 defense, but they also have 4 attack. 4/2 is better than 3/3. And they have great ways to boost their defense with Raelin and Nerak. As for the three man squad, it's vastly ameliorated by Orc Battle rush in terms of board position, you have your army slowrolled just as well as any 4 man squad can, but on the very first turn of the game. Really the only place where the 3 man squad is a problem is in melee slugfests, since Knights and Heavies or Dwarves or Romans can trade with them much better. But Deathchasers play differently from those figures, they aren't meant for slugfest games, they are meant to seize board control instantly and use that to put pressure on the opponent. Classing them as melee bonding in the traditional sense is maybe what makes this debate hard since they are so different from the slugfest melee.

I'm definitely interested in the Raelin discussion though. I think Raelin for better or worse is most important figure in Heroscape.
Agreed on Deathchasers. If anything that first movement boost is nuts IMO. I only have 1 squad, but if I had more you'd better believe I'd bet on 3x squads of em plus support against the best melee bonding armies out there.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion