Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 21st, 2014, 10:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Green Wyrmling discussion and playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
@brandonwiker: 1 Wound Counterstrike is the unsatisfactory part, when combined with Raelin. The discussion has swayed me to believe it's a matter of preference whether this stat model is broken or not, at least
How is it unsatisfactory? It seems to me like a given, alongside the small/medium restriction. They make perfect sense for Fledgling Counterstrike.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 22nd, 2014, 12:10 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
How is it unsatisfactory? It seems to me like a given, alongside the small/medium restriction. They make perfect sense for Fledgling Counterstrike.
I find it unsatisfying because it doesn't feel very Fledgling to me. Probably more than 90% of times I've successfully used Counter Strike it did a single point of damage (at least, that's all that mattered) against small/medium figures. The other Fledgling powers are significantly weaker than their originals. This feels almost the same.

Last edited by Scytale; July 22nd, 2014 at 12:18 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 08:13 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
I find it unsatisfying because it doesn't feel very Fledgling to me. Probably more than 90% of times I've successfully used Counter Strike it did a single point of damage (at least, that's all that mattered) against small/medium figures. The other Fledgling powers are significantly weaker than their originals. This feels almost the same.
Well, I've had mixed results with regular counterstrike, including hitting a werewolf lord for two wounds, and I've killed a few deathstalkers. Also killed some romans (with the stinking izumi who had thorgrim and def +1 glyph, but they went down hard without killing more than 3 romans via CS.)

For casual play, I think I'd find 1 wound CS (perhaps small/med only) to be fledgling enough. For tourney play, I'd probably agree with you, though, since so many armies one might face would include those small/medium melee squads.

I'm with Kinseth, I'd still like to test 4/4 1 wound CS against small/medium only. It was extremely popular with the voting. I'll put Rae with the GW this time, and put a mixed army on the other side of the table, maybe something like knights x2+hero and 4th x2. Or should I try a huge figure or two?
Old July 22nd, 2014, 08:14 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
That would a reason for playtesting with this version to commence. See if everyone else feels the same way.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards