Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 29th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 2/22 - Ryppor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Ryppor looks like a fun unit. Do the 3 defense and 5 lifes with the Reptilid Regeneration make him a bit hard to kill.
I found that he can be very strong against single-attack heroes (though of course, who isn't?), which means if that's all your opponent has for cleanup in the endgame he'll have a tough matchup. However if a squad focuses on him, he'll go down quick (unless, again in the endgame, most of the squaddies have been killed by your main army, in which case he stands a good chance).
Quote:
Reptilid climbing looks more like he can hop. It looks more like a type of leap than a climb. Other than that, he looks pretty good.
Yeah, I can see that now that you pointed it out. I can't say a ton about it since it came from C3G's Conan, but I think the important thing for the climbing theme is to remember he still has to stop in water and can't move over obstacles that take a space (trees, glaciers, etc.) unlike flyers can. Though if you have ideas of how to alter it to give it a more climbing feel, I'm all ears!
Quote:
I have one of those boggard figures as well. If I didn't already come up with something cool for mine I would use yours.
Awesome, do you have it posted on here? (I don't see a link to custom cards in your thread.) I really like the boggard mini, it's probably one of my favorites that I own, so I like to see other peoples' ideas for it (and other minis I use).

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 29th, 2016, 02:23 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Ryppor looks like a fun unit. Do the 3 defense and 5 lifes with the Reptilid Regeneration make him a bit hard to kill.
I found that he can be very strong against single-attack heroes (though of course, who isn't?), which means if that's all your opponent has for cleanup in the endgame he'll have a tough matchup. However if a squad focuses on him, he'll go down quick (unless, again in the endgame, most of the squaddies have been killed by your main army, in which case he stands a good chance).
Quote:
Reptilid climbing looks more like he can hop. It looks more like a type of leap than a climb. Other than that, he looks pretty good.
Yeah, I can see that now that you pointed it out. I can't say a ton about it since it came from C3G's Conan, but I think the important thing for the climbing theme is to remember he still has to stop in water and can't move over obstacles that take a space (trees, glaciers, etc.) unlike flyers can. Though if you have ideas of how to alter it to give it a more climbing feel, I'm all ears!
Quote:
I have one of those boggard figures as well. If I didn't already come up with something cool for mine I would use yours.
Awesome, do you have it posted on here? (I don't see a link to custom cards in your thread.) I really like the boggard mini, it's probably one of my favorites that I own, so I like to see other peoples' ideas for it (and other minis I use).
I have been re doing my customs thread and am going to start posting mine soon. I had a bunch on here, but found that I was trying too hard to make them niche for other factions and trying to cram their abilities into low point costs. Right now I just have 1 Assassins creed card uploaded with a new template style, but I'm close to uploading a bunch of my revamped, tested units. I have been toying around with ideas for amphibious units such as kroatoans, bullywugs, and a boggard. I think you'll like how some of my guys are going to move around. Soon as I get some time to post them from home.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 29th, 2016, 07:09 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have been re doing my customs thread and am going to start posting mine soon. I had a bunch on here, but found that I was trying too hard to make them niche for other factions and trying to cram their abilities into low point costs. Right now I just have 1 Assassins creed card uploaded with a new template style, but I'm close to uploading a bunch of my revamped, tested units. I have been toying around with ideas for amphibious units such as kroatoans, bullywugs, and a boggard. I think you'll like how some of my guys are going to move around. Soon as I get some time to post them from home.
Sweet, I'll keep an eye out for that thread when you start posting! (Especially for the amphibians - I have a weird thing for amphibians in Heroscape.)

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 4th, 2016, 12:14 PM

Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 3/4 - Raknar!

Raknar

A while back, UtahScott gave me some D&D spiders to use as proxies for the Fyorlag Spiders (I wasn't lucky enough to ever get my own Ticalla Jungle set). At that point, my only problem was that I lacked any predators to use them with. Ragnar is my answer for that gap.

I really like this custom for a few reasons. One is that he is a simple variation of a pre-existing theme (nice way of saying "he's a melee Nilfheim"), and the powers work together a lot better than I anticipated to give him a predator-feel (this final product is actually fairly different from my original design). Also, because the powers are simple (Nilfheim), he is easy to use, and ends up being super fun. Another reason is that the sculpt (like most Pathfinder minis) is incredible. From the paint job to the vinelike tail to the branchlike horns to the leaflike wings, it's a really beautiful mini that looks great on the battlefield. It makes fielding him a super fun experience.

Figure Used: Forest Drake (Pathfinder: The Lost Coast)

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; July 8th, 2017 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Next time: Man, I'm on a Reptile Rampage. It's okay, this next one will be the last for a while...
Old March 4th, 2016, 10:59 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

That... is a sweet figure. I can honestly say. I want one!

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 6th, 2016, 12:29 AM

Quote:
That... is a sweet figure. I can honestly say. I want one!
It really is! Sites like Auggie's and Miniature Market still stock it and it's pretty cheap - an easy add-in if you're ordering from them. Definitely worth the 2-3$.

10 Points Under Videos

Old March 16th, 2016, 09:35 AM

Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 3/16 - Redscale!

Zardirr Redscale

Zardirr Redscale is a warlord who thrives off of battle. He's eager to lead his forces into battle and lay waste to his enemies.

First off, I know the mini isn't a real Lizardfolk. And I'm sure I'm probably off with my interpretation of a D&D Lizardfolk leader, but in general the people I play with don't know much about D&D anyway, so it works fine for us.

Zardirr is another one of those customs that took some tweaking, but came out much better and more balanced than my initial expectations. His Battle Valor makes for interesting in-game decisions, both for you and your opponent. He obviously works well with the Greenscale Warriors, but can also bring in other Ullar squaddies to play, most notably the Aubrien Archers.

Figure Used: Redspawn Arcaniss (Dungeons and Dragons: Unhallowed)

As always, comments, constructive criticism, and feedback of any kind are more than welcome!

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; July 8th, 2017 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Next time: Time for a change in pace. How about an Undead Lord? This next one may take a while...
Old March 16th, 2016, 02:25 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Zardir looks great with the Greenscales! I'd amend Ullar Battle Cry to say: "3 spaces each. Figures moved by Ullar Battle Cry will take leaving engagement attacks." One of those things it's good to clarify.
Old March 16th, 2016, 03:45 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Zardir: Another good Lizardfolk bonding option, although it's always difficult to justify their use over a big dragon. I like the mobility Zardir brings to Greenscale/Armoc armies, good for all-Ullar builds. I think it's always a good idea to focus on Ullar armies with these guys--it helps him from being stolen away for more Roman builds.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old March 16th, 2016, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Zardir looks great with the Greenscales! I'd amend Ullar Battle Cry to say: "3 spaces each. Figures moved by Ullar Battle Cry will take leaving engagement attacks." One of those things it's good to clarify.
That's a good catch, thanks for pointing that out! I'll make the change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Zardir: Another good Lizardfolk bonding option, although it's always difficult to justify their use over a big dragon. I like the mobility Zardir brings to Greenscale/Armoc armies, good for all-Ullar builds. I think it's always a good idea to focus on Ullar armies with these guys--it helps him from being stolen away for more Roman builds.

~TAF
I agree. The Romans certainly have enough bonding options as is. Zardirr is still somewhat viable if you have Aurbiren Archers for backup, but he definitely shines in all Ullar builds, which is what I was aiming for.

Thanks for the feedback!

10 Points Under Videos

Old July 19th, 2016, 06:28 PM

Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 7/19 - Necromancer!!

It's been far too long! There have been an assortment of things keeping me from updating this thread, and I won't go into them, but finally (four months later) I am ready to present:

Malex the Lich Lord

Malex is a necromancer, lord of the undead, and all around bad guy. He went through extensive renovations during my playtesting process as I wanted to get him just right. I wanted him to be a powerful help to the undead faction, but also be strong himself, kind of like a final boss who has minions he sends at you but also isn't afraid to get his hands dirty and smack you himself. He fulfills both purposes and makes an undead horde a challenge for your opponent.

I also had a few personal goals for Malex. I wanted him to not only be super strong in Classic 'Scape, but also be able to help bridge the gap in power levels between Classic and Marvel (because I like to mix Classic and Marvel; there, I said it). He also was meant to help bridge the same gap with Arena of the Planeswalkers. Not that either gaps are huge (in my opinion), just that point-wise, Marvel and Magic characters outrank and play differently than Classic characters (especially total army cost in Marvel). I felt that with Malex, though, you're able to have a Classic figure that feels classic while still standing toe-to-toe with Marvel and Magic.

Also, yes, I realize I broke the unspoken rule of having a maximum of 3 powers on a card, but I felt that this card deserved it, and couldn’t find a way to combine two powers into one without making it clunky, or remove a power without it resulting in Malex not playing how I wanted him to.

Figure Used: Mummy Cleric (Pathfinder: Shattered Star)

Feel free to let me know what you think! I always welcome feedback of all kinds!

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; July 8th, 2017 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Next Time: Time to take it back a bit - next I do a new take on an old Classic character.
Old July 27th, 2016, 01:42 AM

Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 7/27 - Deadeye Dan v2

Deadeye Dan v2.0

Deadeye Dan is known among 'Scapers as one of the bottom tier units. However, some people (especially my brother) like him for what he is. And others have been able to master his unique play style to use him at his best. And I have no qualms with the original design. I feel like he's a risky unit that can have a huge payoff, and if that doesn't work, at least he can be used to disrupt your opponent's plans and get them to play more cautiously.

That said, I've always wanted another sniper. There are some figures with long range that work (Zetacron in particular), but not one who feels like Deadeye Dan does. A guy who sits on a perch, waits for his target to come into range, and shoots them in the head. Thus I came up with this version of Deadeye Dan (cause I was too lazy to get a different figure for a sniper - plus I think he's Deadeye enough for him to be a version 2). I think this version does a good job of taking out commons easily while still packing a punch against heroes without one-shotting certain figures like Deathwalkers (part of why the original has the small/medium restriction in his special attack).

Figure Used: Deadeye Dan (Heroscape: Zanafor's Discovery)

As always, feel free to let me know what you think!

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; July 8th, 2017 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Next Time: People have always wanted them, and many have customs. Next I do the first of my pirates!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards