Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:34 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibechief View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Actually, if we're going with the Dark Avengers version, he had Muramasa Steel in his claws, which negates Healing Factors. So...

MURAMASA CLAWS
Figures subtract 1 from their defense dice when attacked by Wolverine. If the defending figure received one or more wounds and has the Healing Factor or Healing Factor X special power, it receives one additional wound.
I would rather see it negate the healing factor power until the start of the next round.
Why not something along these lines?

MURAMASA CLAWS
Figures subtract 1 from their defense dice when attacked by Wolverine. If the defending figure received one or more wounds, Wound Markers may not be removed from that figure's Army Card until the next time you reveal and Order Marker on Dark Wolverine.

Johnny said it negates Healing Factor, but he said nothing of additional damage. I understand the extra wound kind of negates the healing, but if you deal damage 3 turns in a row, that's 3 additional wounds, which negates Healing Factor X plus extra damage.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:59 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Actually, if we're going with the Dark Avengers version, he had Muramasa Steel in his claws, which negates Healing Factors. So...

MURAMASA CLAWS
Figures subtract 1 from their defense dice when attacked by Wolverine. If the defending figure received one or more wounds and has the Healing Factor or Healing Factor X special power, it receives one additional wound.
I would rather see it negate the healing factor power until the start of the next round.
Why not something along these lines?

MURAMASA CLAWS
Figures subtract 1 from their defense dice when attacked by Wolverine. If the defending figure received one or more wounds, Wound Markers may not be removed from that figure's Army Card until the next time you reveal and Order Marker on Dark Wolverine.

Johnny said it negates Healing Factor, but he said nothing of additional damage. I understand the extra wound kind of negates the healing, but if you deal damage 3 turns in a row, that's 3 additional wounds, which negates Healing Factor X plus extra damage.
I agree with the later half of this. I had considered something like the first half but then discounted it as a bad idea when I considered that you could just pop a wound on a healer and then use bonding to play Dark Wolvie. So then I thought well we can just make it when Dark Wolvie takes a turn. Then it occured to me that no matter how you phrase it the potential exists for you to move Dark wolvie away from the figure with other units powers and force that figure to remain without healing indefinitely. This would destroy a figure that is dependent on self healing to survive like Spawn.

The only other option that comes to mind other than what I suggested (using a flat term [until the start of the next round]) would be to counter the effects at the end of the affected figures next turn. Allowing at least one full turn to go without healing. But with this phrasing it might drop off at the same time as the Healing Factor X triggers for the X order marker.

So maybe it lasts until after all end of turn abilities take place.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:02 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Or you could create another type of marker.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:05 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
Nope. A figure is never within x spaces of himself, nor is he ever adjacent to himself.
This is actually a C3G rule, if I'm not wrong, Classic units are always considered within clear sight of themselves. That's why Raelin's card states "Raelin's Defensive Aura does not affect Raelin.".
No, it's in classic too. I think I saw it in the D&D glossary.
As far as I can tell, Classic makes no specific ruling either way. The D7D glossary is unclear. However, I know C3V ruled that figures are always within clear sight of themselves, and I trust those guys not to go against Classic rules.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:10 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Any guesses as to whether this would fit on a peanut base?

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:42 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Iron Man (Space MK I)
[spoiler]
Iron Man
Tony Stark

Human
Unique Hero
Adventurer
Arrogant

Life - 4
Move - 6
Range - 5
Attack - 4
Defense - 7

Orbital Strike Special Attack
Attack - 6 Range - Special
After taking a turn with this Iron Man, you may reveal the 'X' Order Marker if it is on this card. Instead of moving and attacking with Iron Man, if there are a revealed at least 2 revealed Order Markers on this card, you may use Orbital Strike special attack. Choose a space on the battlefield within clear sight of Iron Man, all figures on and adjacent to that space are affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all figures, all affected figures roll defense dice separately. This special may not be used to attack figures under overhangs and may only be used once per round.

Life Support System
Once per round, instead of attacking with Iron Man you may remove 1 wound markers from this card. At the end of each round, if there are at least 2 wound markers on this card, roll a single attack die. If a skull is rolled, place one Wound Marker on this card.

------

Another idea for Life Support

Life Support System
Once per game, instead of attacking with Iron Man, you may remove two wound markers from this card.

Last edited by Smithy Winfred; January 17th, 2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:55 PM

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
I was just looking around for a good design to write up and I thought a new Iron Man armor might be cool.

Iron Man (Space MK I)
Spoiler Alert!
I like it overall, though I feel like he will be pricy to have a special attack that can hit 7 people for 35 skulls total. Think of it like this. If he uses that ability as soon as able he can decimate the enemy start zone...

I also am not a big fan of the healing on him. Iron Man should not have healing potential unless the suit carries something thematic to support it.

I'd rather see it worded like this.

Life Support System
At the end of each round, if this card has two or more Wound Markers on it, roll a single attack die. If a skull is rolled, place one Wound Marker on this card.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:58 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
I can't be sure, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to try and squeeze it on.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
I can't be sure, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to try and squeeze it on.
I want one bad to try and make a custom Tank Girl. Let me know if you guys manage to fit it on a peanut base. Otherwise I'm stuck using the bottom half of Bonebreaker.

Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:39 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:

Life Support System
At the end of each round, if this card has two or more Wound Markers on it, roll a single attack die. If a skull is rolled, place one Wound Marker on this card.
I'm not understanding your interpretation. If he has a life support system, why would he be taking extra damage?

Healing on Iron Men in general is tough, as they are not easy to bring down. A standard 2 wounds healed per round would let him decimate his enemies most of the time, without MK V's help.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Life Support System
I'm not understanding your interpretation. If he has a life support system, why would he be taking extra damage?

Healing on Iron Men in general is tough, as they are not easy to bring down. A standard 2 wounds healed per round would let him decimate his enemies most of the time, without MK V's help.
In every space movie, comic, book there is always the same plot device. "We are losing life support" There are not many critical systems in space, that are as "critical" as life support. I think I could help keep his cost down to include a flaw. It makes much less sense to me that the one vulnerability of space travel is some how a strength in this Iron Man design.

All space travelers have life support. The important thing to note is that if the potential exists for it to be become damaged then you start to have critical failures all over, because you cannibalize your system to keep life support running. Without it you die. So as soon as he takes a few wounds he has to maintain that system at the cost of his other systems.

I could see it reducing his attack and defense numbers by one instead of giving a chance to take extra wounds. But the theme would be hard to tie to the mechanic for players who don't understand the rational.

Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:03 PM
C-Wedgie

I was actually planning on using it for my design-to-be of the Haunted Tank.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy