Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old August 28th, 2011, 12:19 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Hurricane Irene

Gosh, if I were to be in a hurricane, I wouldn't be able to sleep at all. I'd stay up and keep watch of the storm.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 28th, 2011, 12:51 AM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I just had to turn my Air Condition off. They have been quite literally exploding from power surges in my area. The lightning hits power lines in just the right way to cause it. I, somehow, haven't lost power, and I am afraid that if I try to do something important, I'll lose it in the middle of what I'm doing. I don't have a basement, but I also don't expect tornadoes to be going through town, especially because the wind isn't right for them here.

I do love big storms, and it is a mixed emotion kind of thing.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old August 28th, 2011, 03:32 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Irene is passing by my area now, although she is off to the east. We are only in the tropical storm range of winds here (40 mph with gusts up to 60 or so). The lights have been flickering for several hours but so far so good. But looking at the power outage map there are currently over 350K people without power in Maryland, and we have several hours of high winds yet to come.
Old August 28th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I saw a video showing that City Island has a lot of water in the street just from rain - I'm glad I went upstate for the weekend.

Old August 28th, 2011, 07:40 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Good luck everybody!

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old August 28th, 2011, 08:24 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_X_Marker View Post
Could it be that the media didn't overplayed this one?
Fixed...

They usually do, but when you're dealing with something like a hurricane it's impossible to over-prepare. Sure you might not have needed to to all the stuff you did in preparation, but that is a good thing.

-insert signature here-
Old August 28th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

They didn't really overplay it because the NE coast doesn't deal with hurricanes often nor do they have the building standards that the SE coast requires for dealing with them. Same reason Louisville doesn't build to the same earthquake standards that California does.

I think this also is just absurd....

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/...ather-service/

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 28th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Very heavy rain here now, but not too windy yet. Power still on (clearly).
Old August 28th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Aw shucks, the storm is going to have us trapped in the basement all day... in the game room.
We should have planned an "IRENE CON".
Old August 28th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This morning I woke up seeing lots of rain and wind. It's around 30mph; I wouldn't mind taking a walk outside later to experience it. The rain felt nice yesterday when it wasn't as intense.
Old August 28th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Well, just woke up from irene.....and it looks the same as when I went to bed. Nothing happened. I live right near the NJ shore line. I was a rec evac person. We stayed...I slept, and we never lost power. We did get alot of rain and win......but I live on a lake...it it didnt raise more then 3 in.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old August 28th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Storm has passed here. Still lots of wind. We got lots of rain and wind, but the power stayed on, and no significant damage.

Others, like those east of us, were not so lucky.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General