Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 27th, 2012, 04:09 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker
McHotcakes' Hot Customs Updated 8/26/2013

Finally decided to update this thread with all of the cards that I have made for various contests on this site, as well as customs of my own concept.

This one here is a DreamBlade miniature. I saw him at a local shop and had to pick him up.

Bio
Spoiler Alert!

This one is a Horroclix figure from the Freakshow set. His name is The Great Slicini. He is currently undergoing the SoV process.

Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Contest Customs

Halloween Custom Contest Entry
This guy I believe was actually the first custom card I ever made!
Spoiler Alert!

I think he also has bio around here somewhere.

Thanksgiving Custom Contest Entry
This one finished third at the Thanksgiving contest. Not bad for a second outing I think.
Spoiler Alert!

4th of July Custom Contest Entry
Yeah I inadvertently skipped the rest of the holiday contests but managed to get back in time for the last one. This guy actually lead most of the way in the polls but was outvoted on the last day giving me a decent second place finish.
Spoiler Alert!

Soundwarp's Speed Contest 1 Entry
Spoiler Alert!

Soundwarp's Speed Contest 4 Entry
This time I tied for first with bobinchese
Spoiler Alert!

Soundwarp's Speed Contest 5 Entry
With this one I was trying to give the figure a Cyberclaw type power, but had to work around the fact that he didn't have claws.
Spoiler Alert!

Soundwarp's Speed Contest 6 Entry
This one I had the most fun with. We had to make two cards and make them opposite of each other. My backstory was that they were a husband and wife caught on opposite ends of the War for Valhalla.
Spoiler Alert!

Soundwarp's Speed Contest 7 Entry
This time I once again tied, but with capsocrates.
Spoiler Alert!

I also made cards for contests 8 and 9, but 8 never had the winner announced and 9 never had the cards on display. So I'll hold off on those on the off-chance Soundwarp resurrects those threads.

Mortal Kombat Kustoms
These guys were my first real attempt at customs. Looking back a year later they need some desperate re-working. I'll probably redo them along with several other MK Kustoms I have sitting on a file on my desktop.
Spoiler Alert!

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by McHotcakes; August 26th, 2013 at 11:56 PM. Reason: added new cards
Old July 28th, 2012, 12:20 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Mortal Kombat Kustoms

Very interesting take on them, Hotcakes. I have made several MK customs myself. You can see them in my classic customs thread.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 02:24 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker
Re: Mortal Kombat Kustoms

Johnny Cage and Raiden added in the OP.

Can anyone tell me how to edit the title of a thread? I'm sure its something obvious that I'm just not seeing. Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind I got it figured out.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by McHotcakes; August 3rd, 2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: My question was answered.
Old May 30th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Mortal Kombat Kustoms Johnny Cage and Raiden added 8/2/2

Man, I used to play a lot of MK back in the day. It's been a while though. Here are some comments on what you have here.

Raiden
What does "continously occupied" mean in Lightning Bolt Special Attack? Occupied during the duration of the attack? Occupied all game? Same thing with "continous water spaces." Aren't all water spaces continually water? I guess not if a Greater Ice Elemental gets near them. Lightning Teleport is a fine idea, but unfortunately a figure cannot move to a space that's within clear sight of itself. Clear sight needs a figure to look and a figure to look at. I suggest using something like "same level" like Tul-Bak-Ra's Teleport. Pointwise he should be in the 300s, at least, comparing him to Marvel figs.

Johnny Cage
For Shadow Kick Special Attack it says he must move one additional space. So he is unable to move upward with that movement, correct? Or onto Heavy Snow or Slippery Ice. Can Johnny use Split Punch before he uses Shadow Kick? Thematically I don't think you mean them to be used together, but rules-wise there's nothing preventing it. Using Split Punch as a counter to normal attacks is mostly ok, but giving Johnny a normal attack back is problematic. In general, out-of-turn attacks are problematic due to "duration of the attacking figure's turn" powers. An auto-wound like Engagement Strike would work better here. I'm Too Cool For This is a neat concept, but "targeting" isn't clear for all special powers. For example, can it protect him from Marro Plague? That doesn't do "targeting" per se. Points-wise I'd expect low-to-mid 100s.

Scorpion
Get Over Here! is a good reuse of Chain Grab, but what does "may not use any special abilities" mean? Are always-on abilities like Tough turned off? Does a Fire Elemental roll defense in water? Can a Deathreaver that is attacked not scatter, but other Deathreavers can? Can Scorpion use Fiery Teleport after moving and attacking normally, or can he only use the extra attack after using Fiery Teleport initially?

Sub-Zero
Like Scorpion's Get Over Here!, the "may not use any special abilities" in Freeze and Ice Clone Counter is unclear. Not all abilities are clearly "used," some are used, some are always on, and some don't necessarily affect a single figure. Ice Clone Counter also has the problem of an out-of-turn attack like Johnny Cage. Nice reuse of Ice Cold.
Old August 26th, 2013, 11:57 PM

Re: McHotcakes' Hot Customs Updated 8/26/2013

Big Update

Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards