Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old December 9th, 2015, 03:28 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: HoME General Discussion Thread

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=45331

Brainstorming thread has what your asking about, @TREX . Status on all the current designs, whether they're in play testing, etc.
Old December 11th, 2015, 10:55 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

So what's our next move guys? @TREX @capsocrates ?
Old December 12th, 2015, 07:34 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post

So what's our next move guys? @TREX @capsocrates ?
I mentioned some ideas in the other HOME thread, I we set it up like that in there and have the individual threads linked to the main HOME op threads we can track things better. I also like having a Lead designer for each thread to keep up with the individual threads. If you guys like the ideas I threw out, we can set it up. I personally like the format in which HOSS does it and think it would work for us too. I don't mind which order we would pick to LD the characters on hand, the cards that have been worked on already we can use for a precedent, otherwise we propose our design, and work with each other to tweak it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 13th, 2015, 06:44 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Let's hold off on that just yet--at the very least we need to check with the mods of this subforum to make sure it's okay to add that many threads going forward. I would rather keep just one card per department and use the current threads. If/when we are active enough to merit our own subforum, that would be the time for individual design threads.

--

I'm not sure we need to adopt a Lead Designer format. C3V recently started using a Design Team format, where 3-5 people are collectively responsible for half a dozen or so designs. There are few enough of us and few enough designs I think we could collectively consider ourselves a "lead team" as they are called internally in C3V.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 13th, 2015, 07:03 PM
...Something unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Let's hold off on that just yet--at the very least we need to check with the mods of this subforum to make sure it's okay to add that many threads going forward. I would rather keep just one card per department and use the current threads. If/when we are active enough to merit our own subforum, that would be the time for individual design threads.

--
Yeah, I mentioned that in the design thread, things would get way too cluttered if we suddenly posted that many threads.

Quote:
I'm not sure we need to adopt a Lead Designer format. C3V recently started using a Design Team format, where 3-5 people are collectively responsible for half a dozen or so designs. There are few enough of us and few enough designs I think we could collectively consider ourselves a "lead team" as they are called internally in C3V.
That sounds like a good idea, I wasn't aware a "Lead Team" was a thing. Guess it's good to have someone on the team who also works with C3V.

So, in that case, should us three get Gandalf finished up and then move on to the hobbits?
Old December 13th, 2015, 11:43 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Thats sounds good. Are we going to plug away at one design at a time, or run a couple at the same time? It sounds like we are going to try to finish up gandalf the grey, aragorn, and the hobbits first? At any rate, I would like to have the latest version of the cards in the op for easier tracking. I have many ideas for these designs written down in my "for later" box. For starters I say we discuss where gandalf is.

EDIT: It might be easier just to start a fresh thread, as it is still a challenge to find the designs very easily.

Old December 14th, 2015, 12:21 AM
...Something unique

I agree with TREX. Things will go a lot faster if we have one thread just for discussion on Gandalf, rather than riffling through the Design Thread pages looking for the edits/ideas.

@TREX Do you want to create the thread and post this in the OP as the most recent version? We can continue discussion there.
Old December 14th, 2015, 12:25 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
I agree with TREX. Things will go a lot faster if we have one thread just for discussion on Gandalf, rather than riffling through the Design Thread pages looking for the edits/ideas.

@TREX Do you want to create the thread and post this in the OP as the most recent version? We can continue discussion there.
Don't mind if I do. There is a ton of stuff on the HOME topics, but few results that you can find. I think this will work out ok.

Old December 14th, 2015, 12:48 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

--
Yeah, I mentioned that in the design thread, things would get way too cluttered if we suddenly posted that many threads.
Quote:

How did you change your mind in just 5 hours?

--

Gandalf is more-or-less done. As I mentioned a few posts back, we have approximately one design in each phase right now. I'll try to get OPs updated to reflect our current status soon. I just moved and so am pretty busy, but will try to block out some time for it soon.

--
--
--

--
Old December 14th, 2015, 12:52 AM
...Something unique

I'm sorry that my post was confusing. My initial thoughts were that creating 5 or so threads at once was a poor idea, which I still think it is. But having one at a time in use for each design we're working on seems like it would help us out.

Sorry if this still isn't clear, I had a hard time wording this...
Old December 14th, 2015, 12:54 AM

We have one thread for each design we are working on--we have a playtesting thread with one design in it, a brainstorming thread with one design in it, a design thread with one design in it, etc.

--
--
--

--
Old December 17th, 2015, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
You're right about organization. I'll try to get it taken care of soon, as I mentioned elsewhere.

--

The current topic of discussion in this thread is re: what should be brainstormed next. See 2 posts up.
Did you see what I did with Gandalf? Gandalf's design thread. I think I'll change the title to Playtesting on the header. Ninja Status and myself are planning on doing some playtests to give some feedback on the design. As far as the other designs go. I'm all for any one of the Hobbits. I think we should design the fellowship as a set. Tell me what you think of the Gandalf Thread format, I think that is the way to go. Then you can link them all to the OP of the Main HOME threads. If you like it, we will draft the characters that you have on your list and start brainstorming.
Let's please keep general discussion in the general discussion thread.

I did see what you did with the Gandalf design thread. It is a quality thread format and you laid it out nicely. I still feel that we should not adopt an independent thread for each design unless we have our own subforum, and we have not demonstrated enough consistent activity to merit that yet (perhaps the local mods would feel differently, but I doubt it).

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs