Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 5th, 2020, 03:51 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/SoV-inclusive Power Rankings

I mean in the same sense that Wolves of Badru's SA is sometimes better than Quiglex? Q10 is clearly outclassed by the other A figures. I'm way more scared of Kaemon than Q10. No one took Q10 in either of the two bring the cheese tournaments in the past month. I think he's A- or even B+. 5 defense just isn't that good for 150 points. But anyway. Different conversation.
Old May 5th, 2020, 04:08 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I mean in the same sense that Wolves of Badru's SA is sometimes better than Quiglex? Q10 is clearly outclassed by the other A figures. I'm way more scared of Kaemon than Q10. No one took Q10 in either of the two bring the cheese tournaments in the past month. I think he's A- or even B+. 5 defense just isn't that good for 150 points. But anyway. Different conversation.
Basically this. It’s also different from moving down Q9 because Q10 isn’t an A in the original rankings. The argument isn’t that he should be moved down, it’s that he should never have been moved up.

Last edited by OEAO; May 5th, 2020 at 04:19 PM. Reason: And I don’t disagree that Q9 could probably move down in a VC meta.
Old May 5th, 2020, 04:33 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Situations where Q10's specials beat Q9's:
  • Attacking a multi-life figure within 4 spaces with 4 or more defense
  • Attacking 1-life figure(s) within 4 spaces with 6 or more defense
  • When being 7 spaces away is better than being 6 spaces away and the target isn't super high defense
These are not some crazy niche; they are all fairly common situations. Sure, Q9's is better most of the time but its not that unusual for Q10's options to be better.

I personally think Q10>Kaemon even given the price difference. I agree Q10 is on the low end of the A's but I still think it's the right place. Q10 would see a lot more play if Q9 didn't exist, but Q9's existence doesn't make Q10 bad.
Old May 5th, 2020, 04:41 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I mean Q10 is similarly hurt by the existence of Cultists and Heracles and Marutuk, so. I agree with Orc that it probably was not the right place to begin with but I think it's even more true now with so much anti-large huge special attacking figures.
Old May 5th, 2020, 08:33 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Nailed it!

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old May 19th, 2020, 11:26 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Q10 is better than Kaemon, but he's a little too expensive.

These days I would personally take Incendiborgs over Q9, I think.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 25th, 2020, 04:31 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

What are your thoughts on Fen Hydra potentially being an A+?

Was having a discussion recently and someone mentioned that Fen Hydra might be the only 'mistake' in design/balance when it comes to the D&D waves.

Are there powerful custom units that Fen Hydra struggles with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 25th, 2020, 04:43 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'm quite comfortable with Hydra at "A", not A+. It's extremely strong, and delivers insane burst damage potential for just 120 points, but 6 dice whiffs often enough. I'm not comfortable basing my entire offense around it the way I would be with something like Q10 or Krav.

My most likely bump to A+ is Isamu, and the next most likely would be Marro Warriors. I'm not sure anything else would even be on the radar.
Old August 25th, 2020, 04:50 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I guess A+ is truly rarefied air. Fen Hydra feels kinda like a "Melee Q9."

I was looking back at an old General Wars battle report of mine where I fielded 5x Mass and SotM Drake, and my only two wins were the mirror match. One of my match-ups was 4x Deathreavers, 3x Fen Hydra, which just seems like an unwinnable game.

What units are you worried about facing, as a Hydra player? I know you have experience using them at a high level.

When it comes to Isamu and MW, is it just that there's so little competition at their respective point totals?

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 25th, 2020, 04:53 PM

As far as customs the Hydra struggles with, Heracles is another one of our very strongest units and has an excellent Hydra counter. J15 is another A-level unit with some specific countermeasures, although it's going to have a harder time getting first strike on the Hydra (even with the help of the Hops).

Cathar Spearmen have been accused of being our greatest mistake in balance, and they are something like common Hydras... with engagement strike.

I had an instant "classic" game in the recent bring the VCheese event where I lost with my old Hydra/Q9/rat army against Zettian Deathwings. Deathwings are not very strong in general but it's obviously a good matchup for them, and my opponent got fortunate by rolling 9/10 skulls with two explosion attacks against Q9.
Old August 25th, 2020, 05:38 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

I guess Fen Hydra isn't as big of a problem as I make it out to be, but at just 120 points, it's definitely pretty splashable to deal with problematic match-ups.

Quote:
Old August 25th, 2020, 07:44 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
When it comes to Isamu and MW, is it just that there's so little competition at their respective point totals?
Both of them can convert their points plus a bit more with ease. Opening up with MW against melee can really stall a melee army's progression/map control while the MW can take control of the whole map fairly easily with 6-move/range.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs