Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old May 31st, 2013, 11:18 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: HoME Art Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESUSFREAK View Post
I'm getting mixed signals here. Everyone is saying that I'm doing a good job and I should keep going, but that my work at the same time is not helpful. So, I have 2 more designs available (one is a revamped version of the one I just posted, while the other I'm not a huge fan of...) with thousands more bouncing in my head. So I have just one question: Do you guys want me to work on this now, or later?
If you want to work on it now, I think that's what you should do. I wouldn't mind you directing that energy at playtesting but I understand if playtesting doesn't interest you. Even if we don't use any of the specific templates that you make, we're sure to draw on some of your ideas. Keep throwing stuff around--art is in the brainstorming stage and will be for a while. What's the rule when brainstorming? Propose every idea, even if it's bad, and we'll separate the wheat from the chaff later.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:01 PM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!

Okay then!

Here is a revamped version of the one I just made. The Parchment makes it look much beter IMO
[IMG][/IMG]

and this is the last attempt I did before I took my little break that was sort of lost to the mists of time

[IMG][/IMG]

Far from my favorite, but you said to post em all!
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:02 PM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!

Whoops!
THIS is the one that I meant to post!
[IMG][/IMG]
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:18 PM

Nobodies posted, so I assume the art thread's dead for now. I'll come back to these when it's time. Do we have a version of Frodo yet?
Old December 13th, 2014, 11:13 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Alright @White Knight . You want to put the Gandalf text in here or should I do it?

Who wants to make the card? Is @JESUSFREAK still interested in helping out? I see some cool card templates up there.

--
--
--

--
Old May 19th, 2020, 04:29 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

I see JesusFreak had some cool templates going. If we went the route of summoning HoME characters to Valhalla generals, would we want to use the standard Valkyrie General templates?

I'm also down to team up with someone and design something more unique to the project.
Old May 19th, 2020, 04:34 PM

The polls so far (as well as most of the volunteers if I remember right) are indicating that we will be doing Valhalla generals. So that's a yes on the standard Valkyrie general templates. When we are ready to do an actual release we might reach out to the C3V art team and see if they'll let us use their templates.

With that said, I think we're all expecting that some cool custom-art cards would be a nice touch as "alternate" cards from the standard Valhalla ones.

--
--
--

--
Old May 19th, 2020, 04:49 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Definitely on board with some snazzy alternate art. Makes a project stand out
Old May 19th, 2020, 05:15 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
I had an idea and just needed to get it drawn up. I'm not satisfied with all parts of the design, but here is a draft:

Here is a draft of the Classic side
There were some other options for cards (just look back through this thread), but this was a quick idea of mine.
Old May 19th, 2020, 05:50 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

I like the circular shape and feel it’d be good to go with something like that to further distinguish from the classic scape card.
Old May 19th, 2020, 05:53 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Seconded, that "ring" style card is just what the doctor ordered for the reverse side lol
Old May 19th, 2020, 06:08 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

The ring style still needs a lot of work, but it's a start.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs