Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old October 8th, 2022, 09:36 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I have uploaded a significant rework of Turf War. Thank you @Typhon for your patience and persistence in pushing for change. Much needed.

Old October 8th, 2022, 11:16 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: GameBear's Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear View Post
I have uploaded a significant rework of Turf War. Thank you @Typhon for your patience and persistence in pushing for change. Much needed.

It's a looker — despite featuring grass.
I know I said this before, but I really like the double road loop, smaller inside of bigger.
Old October 15th, 2022, 08:50 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Took some time this morning to look through all your maps. Some aesthetic favorites are Cyprien's Cove, Scavenger's Folly, Barrendome and Contrast.

I was thinking about your recent work on 3-map sets and my own collection, where I've generally sought to have 1x of each release. What maps would you suggest to present the most competitive map options simultaneously? My feeling is that TJ or road sets are used most frequently as they provide benefits to smooth melee vs range matchups - TJ provides defense, road provides speed. And philosophically I think there's a minimum separation between armies so that you give players an opportunity to strategize an opening so that the first initiative roll doesn't decide the game. It would be lame to have your ranged figures become engaged on the first turn of the game. I think that minimum separation is somewhere around 12+ hexes (not a hard and fast rule), or the threat range of top tier figures like the Krav, Q9, MW, etc).

Using the 3 set Exposure lineup (which uses 2 MctB) and an RotV+VW (like Radiator Springs) nets 4 maps.

I think Ayrwode's Bluff (RotV+RttFF), Ticalla Sunrise (SotM+TJ), and Contrast (BftU, TT, VW, FotA) would be my preferred lineup. Those with MtcB could swap in Waste Treatment Facility (SotM+TJ+MtcB) for Ticalla Sunrise.

Huge sidenote: with the AoA terrain release, any thoughts? I noticed only one RotV+TJ map in your list: Ratcatcher.

Another sidenote. In my mind I've been playing with the idea of lava start zones - I'm not a fan of seeing 5 squads of 4th or 10th in a start zone and having them all sit there waiting to replenish front line troops. And just in general any build with 5 squads reduces some of the fun factor for me and makes playing a grind. With a single VW you could make almost the full start zone lava providing a soft penalty against those who utilize the full SZ size - which many TDs restrict anyway to guard against the same thing. I suppose you could even use molten lava too for a fully VW SZ. I could see a SotM+VW+BftU mix playing well into this idea: lava SZs with development onto swamp water (lose height but get off lava) into shadow (defense boost to help offset being off lava "height") into a variety of height/terrain with 12 hexes worth of LOS blockers.
Old October 15th, 2022, 08:21 PM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Took some time this morning to look through all your maps. Some aesthetic favorites are Cyprien's Cove, Scavenger's Folly, Barrendome and Contrast.
Thanks for taking a look! Cyprien's Cove, being my very first map, will always be a sentimental favorite. Barrendome and Contrast are two of my more recent efforts that I am hoping will see more play eventually.

Quote:
I was thinking about your recent work on 3-map sets and my own collection, where I've generally sought to have 1x of each release. What maps would you suggest to present the most competitive map options simultaneously?
---
I think Ayrwode's Bluff (RotV+RttFF), Ticalla Sunrise (SotM+TJ), and Contrast (BftU, TT, VW, FotA) would be my preferred lineup.
That's a reasonable selection. My BftU and Marvel offerings really limit the options if you're trying to avoid overlap. Expanding the search sitewide, that becomes a difficult question to answer for the opposite reason: too many good options! A fun question to consider, though.

Quote:
Huge sidenote: with the AoA terrain release, any thoughts?
I need to see more, particularly of the walls, before I put any thought into AoA maps. And the app has to come through with strong mapmaking support, too. In the meantime, I'm more interested in figuring out which existing RotV+TJ maps can be built using AoA instead.

Quote:
Another sidenote. In my mind I've been playing with the idea of lava start zones
Me too! Lava in start zones is well worth exploring. I'd recommend starting small - max lava would likely be problematic - but a 7-hex could work on the right map.
Old October 16th, 2022, 02:03 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Another sidenote. In my mind I've been playing with the idea of lava start zones
Me too! Lava in start zones is well worth exploring. I'd recommend starting small - max lava would likely be problematic - but a 7-hex could work on the right map.
We did that a couple times for team tournament, back in the day.

I would like to see more. I’ve got a map set up now with a few hexes of fire start zone but not like this.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by Rÿchean; October 16th, 2022 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Lazy me search fire starter in download
Old November 30th, 2022, 07:28 PM
The Silent Cartographer

I have updated Stoker in response to comments from Sir Heroscape - a few road tiles have changed levels to ease movement through the center.

Last edited by GameBear; December 1st, 2022 at 04:19 PM.
Old December 1st, 2022, 02:08 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I have updated Stoker in response to comments from Sir Heroscape - a few road tiles have changed levels to ease movement through the center.

A beautiful map, GameBear, as always.

Just wanted to let you know that the image currently links to Turf War, not Stoker.

Last edited by rednax; December 2nd, 2022 at 03:41 AM.
Old December 1st, 2022, 04:22 PM
The Silent Cartographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Just wanted to let you know that the image currently links to a Turf War, not Stoker.
I'm getting sloppy. Fixed - thanks for catching that.
Old December 2nd, 2022, 10:08 AM
The Silent Cartographer

New map: Stolen Road. 1 SM + 1 FA + 1 VW
Glyphs: 2 random glyphs

A Christmas-themed map for December, with the requisite red and green terrain. This map has no snow, but the combination of sand and lava is evocative of stollen, the traditional German Christmas bread, providing inspiration for the name. (It should have two "L"s, but a little artistic license eases spelling and pronunciation.)

EDIT 02-27-23: The PDF file has been updated - the start zones have been slightly rearranged.

Last edited by GameBear; February 27th, 2023 at 05:06 PM.
Old December 11th, 2022, 04:09 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: GameBear's Maps - New Map 12/02/22

Quote:
New map: Stolen Road. 1 SM + 1 FA + 1 VW

A Christmas-themed map for December, with the requisite red and green terrain. This map has no snow, but the combination of sand and lava is evocative of stollen, the traditional German Christmas bread, providing inspiration for the name. (It should have two "L"s, but a little artistic license eases spelling and pronunciation.)

The more I look at Stolen Road, the more I like it.

• Lovely lovely road. As always. You have a flair for road placement.
• Nice to see glyph locations marked by water.
• At first glance it looks pretty balanced between left and right.
• The low-ground sand 'path' through the central pillars looks neat.
Old February 15th, 2023, 04:07 PM
The Silent Cartographer

New map: Shoots and Leaves. 1 DD + 1 FF + 1 TJ

An attempt to create something playable using these terrain sets.

Old February 15th, 2023, 11:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: GameBear's Maps - New Map 02/15/23

Nice, I quite like it.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios