Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old February 19th, 2010, 08:40 PM

That Guy0715 is surprisingly tart
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

If there is a hole in the middle of the map with no tiles, and a figure wants to shoot across it, is this legal? If it is, how do you count the range? Can you count empty spaces as if they were tiles to find the distance, or do you have to count on normal tiles.

Spoiler Alert!
Old February 19th, 2010, 08:54 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You count range around the void or along the edge of the board. You can't count empty spaces as tiles.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old February 19th, 2010, 10:04 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cmgames is of course correct. However, if it's a map you've designed and you want a bottomless pit in the middle that can be flown over, shot across, etc, you can print off these blank-hexes I've made. Here's also a link for a map I created using these blanks. I've printed them onto black construction paper. (I've also used brown for mud, too!) Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Old February 19th, 2010, 10:30 PM

Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker

I'm interested in putting together customs, complete with army cards and figures. My problem is that I don't know what customizing software to download, or what I need to use that software (or how to get what I need to use the software). What do you guys suggest?

For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, ...authorities, ...the world powers of this darkness, ...the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. Ephesians 6:12.
Old February 20th, 2010, 02:50 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myst9 View Post
I'm interested in putting together customs, complete with army cards and figures. My problem is that I don't know what customizing software to download, or what I need to use that software (or how to get what I need to use the software). What do you guys suggest?
I suggest you check out whitestuff's GIMP tutorial. He also provides a link to download the GIMP program, a free image manipulation program.

GreyOwl's customization tools are also invaluable.
Old February 20th, 2010, 01:34 PM

That Guy0715 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
You count range around the void or along the edge of the board. You can't count empty spaces as tiles.

~Z
Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasQTip View Post
Cmgames is of course correct. However, if it's a map you've designed and you want a bottomless pit in the middle that can be flown over, shot across, etc, you can print off these blank-hexes I've made. Here's also a link for a map I created using these blanks. I've printed them onto black construction paper. (I've also used brown for mud, too!) Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Those look pretty cool, I may have to print some out.

Spoiler Alert!
Old February 20th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy0715 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post

~Z
Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasQTip View Post

Those look pretty cool, I may have to print some out.
Or, shadow spaces would work just as well in a bottomless pit, IMO.

MegaSilver
Old February 20th, 2010, 02:37 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is the diffrence between regular ic (GIE) and slippery ice?
Old February 20th, 2010, 02:44 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart48 View Post
Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is the diffrence between regular ic (GIE) and slippery ice?
Regular Ice: Normal Movement

Slippery Ice: Each move unto it counts as moving two.

For the GIE, this makes it easier for units to move across water.

MegaSilver
Old February 20th, 2010, 02:49 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for quick responce. +rep.
Old February 20th, 2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart48 View Post
Thanks for quick responce. +rep.
Welcome fully.

MegaSilver
Old February 21st, 2010, 06:58 AM

LMB knows what's in an order marker LMB knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Or, shadow spaces would work just as well in a bottomless pit, IMO.
If you "house rule" is as such, yeah, but otherwise no, they would just have the normal shadow space effect.

My custom Terrain and Units.

My HS pics

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's