Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 17th, 2007, 01:59 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Deathwalker 7000

The Book of Deathwalker 7000
Jandar's Oath - Collection 3 - "Heroes of Nostralund"

Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: This tricky Soulborg is what one would refer to as a walking bomb, designed to infiltrate an enemy army and obliterate them from the inside. Many a foe has been caught flat-footed with a Deathwalker 7000 in their midst. The result is not pretty. The Deathwalker uses its speed to get right into the middle of opposing forces. It then simply blows up, wounding all surrounding foes, some lethally. The other ability that makes this tin can so dangerous is its resistance to ranged attacks. It has the uncanny ability to simply dodge most missile attacks. This is enough to make even an arrogant Elf like Syvarris cringe. (Hasbro)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
- SELF-DESTRUCT : Using Self-Destruct on Opponent’s Last Figure When Deathwalker 7000 is YOUR Last Figure
If Deathwalker 7000 is your last figure, and he uses his Self Destruct Special Attack to destroy your opponent’s last figure on the battlefield, who wins?
That would be a tie since once Deathwalker 7000’s turn is complete, there are no figures on the battlefield. (Hasbro FAQ)

- STEALTH DODGE : What Type of Attacks Apply
Does Deathwalker 7000’s special power Stealth Dodge work against special attacks like: Airborne Elite's grenade attack, Deathwalker's explosion, and Mimring's Fire Line special?
The Stealth Dodge works against any attacking figure that is not adjacent. Normal attack or special attack does not matter in this case. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
- ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
As a Unique Hero that follows Utgar, Deathwalker 7000 may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings

Jexik: Deathwalker 7000- Sweet! I blew up next to four of your squad members. Wait, I still didn’t do crap for damage. F

OEAO: F

Cleon: Tier 1 (202/208)

dok (VC inclusive): DW7k is still terrible, but at least now you don't have to waste entire order markers setting up the self-destruct. D

Master Index

Unit Strategy Review
Unit Strategy Review: Deathwalker 7000

Last edited by superfrog; March 21st, 2019 at 02:22 PM. Reason: vc added
Old May 26th, 2007, 12:07 PM

TweetyBird has disabled reputation
I really wanted to like Mr. 7000, but he's become one of a growing number of figures that I would never use in a competitive game. If only his Self-Destruct were a guaranteed kill to all adjacent figures...

Other games I'm currently enjoying:
BattleLore
Capes & Cowls
Return of the Heroes
Old May 26th, 2007, 12:19 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yea, I used him 2 weeks ago. My brother rolled 1 skull with a 4th Mass, I rolled 7 blanks. That was that. I'll put him away for another year and see if he does better next year.
Old May 26th, 2007, 01:59 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
I use him and like him. Getting him to your opponents' start area early can be better than Grenades. However, I only use him for that purpose, and it gets kind of predictable. Ornak, Brunak, Deathwalker 7000 combo.
Old May 26th, 2007, 04:15 PM

Omnicron has disabled reputation
There's no point to him. Counter draft Deadeye Dan, and it's over. UAR Special Attack finishes him easily.

I'm a complete newbie at HS, so if I make mistakes, DON'T HURT ME! ;.;
Old May 26th, 2007, 04:37 PM

Roufus has disabled reputation
I like him.
Admittedly he doesn't see alot of play, but I like him all the same.
He's done some great mop up work in our games.
Old May 27th, 2007, 08:03 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
If DW7k had Disengage then I would use him. As is, he is easily held up by squadies that would prevent you from charging up to your primary target. Even if you successfully do massive damage it is often wasted on lesser units.

The only time I would consider this figure would be if the opponent was hero heavy...but then figures like Ne-Gok-Sa, Sudema, and Kee-Mo-Shi still pop up as a better option.

Another option that would give this figure value would be if it had a blast radius higher than 1. Taking out 5 squad figures can be possible as it stands but is seldom the case because players are usually smart enough to space figures out(too many hero powers target a grouping). If the explosion covered figures within 2 hexes then you have the potential of taking out 14 figures(disengage would increase this).

Hmmm...maybe I can custom a DW7100.

Old August 4th, 2007, 01:40 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=10600

Great unit assessment from Agatagary.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old August 22nd, 2007, 01:48 PM

Minnion has disabled reputation
The viking champions can make him one of the scarier anti-ranged units in the game by upping speed defense and attack, especially if he is used the way he was described elsewhere in the unit strategy reviews...

"We are all mad here" ~Cheshire Cat

It is the domain of a geek to seek out meaning in that which seems trivial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOd...elated&search=
Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:49 AM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation
Deathwalker 7000 is probably one of the best units out there, and I'll tell you why:

In my first 3 games using him, I rolled two 20's and then a 19. I admit the 19 was a little disappointing, but my second 20 was against a full life CHAROS! I kid you not. I also took out Thorgrim and a squad figure that turn. The only downside to that was that in that same game, I Mindshackled Charos with Ne-Gok-Sa, but he only had one life left.

I guess the moral of the story is that sometimes Deathwalker 7000 can be "too" good. Everyone out there really should use him more.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:20 AM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame
Deathwalker 7000 is probably one of the best units out there, and I'll tell you why:

In my first 3 games using him, I rolled two 20's and then a 19. I admit the 19 was a little disappointing, but my second 20 was against a full life CHAROS! I kid you not. I also took out Thorgrim and a squad figure that turn. The only downside to that was that in that same game, I Mindshackled Charos with Ne-Gok-Sa, but he only had one life left.

I guess the moral of the story is that sometimes Deathwalker 7000 can be "too" good. Everyone out there really should use him more.
Sounds like you had a great streak of luck. Congrats on that...but...any figure can be amazingly great with a good streak of luck. Doesn't make them one of the best units in the game.

Adam

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:40 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
He usually gets killed during the first round, usually by meburqsa. He's okay. I rate him a C-.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units