Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old February 16th, 2010, 05:26 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
CMD Proposal and Voting Thread (Book of... Index)

Rogue War! Book of... Index
The Book of Weather Wizard (Mark Mardon)
The Book of Gorilla Grodd
The Book of Trickster (Axel Walker)

This thread is for CMD members to propose ideas, vote on them, and suggestions things about how we work. Anyone may suggest things about our process, but only CMD members may propose ideas and vote on them. Sometimes, if a tie-breaker is needed, the community will be called on to vote. CMD members, you may propose anythings from set ideas, to figures/scenarios/glyphs to be used in a set.

If you would like to join the CMD team, you may post here or private message me from the following link: http://www.heroscapers.com/community/member.php?u=7022
CMD Playtesting Thread
CMD Development Thread

Current CMD members
Scapemage921 is an Elite Member and our founder and head of research
WulfHunter667 is an Elite Member and our assistant leader
TaebleWalker is an Elite Member who loves playtesting

Remember, a proposal is decided by the majority, yes or no, after 5 votes have been made.

Current Proposals we are voting on:
To include IAmBatman's Molecular Instability power on the Flash card.
To include WulfHunter667's Super Speed power on the Flash card.
To include IamBatman's Too Quick To Hit power on our Flash card.
Take turns posting a draft that we chose to make in the development thread when needed.
To vote whether or not a figure moves to playtesting.

Have Fun guys!
You may start proposing, suggesting, and voting.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Last edited by Scapemage; April 3rd, 2010 at 07:34 AM.
Old February 16th, 2010, 06:17 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: CMD Porposal/Voting/Suggestions Thread MEMBERS WELCOME!

I am really not a member..even part time. I'm more of an outside consultant
Old February 16th, 2010, 06:38 PM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

The community wants us to whip up a Flash(Wally West) from scratch, but using abilities from other people's Flashes. We will be voting on which abilities to use, so post your favorites here!

As a first proposal, I propose that our Flash card include IAmBatman's Molecular Instability special power.

Molecular Instability
Flash can move through all figures and is never atacked when leaving an engagement. Any figures he passes through during his movement must roll 1 unblockable attack die. On any turn Flash passes through figures, he may not attack or move over 10 spaces. A figure may only be affected by Molecular Instability once per turn.

Last edited by Scapemage; February 16th, 2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old February 16th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I thought this guy was supposed to be limited to 3 threads? Why another one, making it four?

One of my complaints about the other custom group was the fact that it really bogged down this board, often bumping threads quickly to page 2 or even 3 where they just don't get seen.

When the other custom group got their own forum, it was a very good deal all the way around. They could keep talking about whatever they needed to talk about, but this board was freed up for those individuals continuing to make customs on their own. You no longer had to dig scroll way down the page for these threads, or go pages into the archives.

Now, we have this guy now using 4 threads, despite really not having much of a "group" at all (basically it looks like a couple guys working together, which is what a lot of other customizers do in their one single thread).

Once again, good individual threads are getting bumped off the front page, and that is a bad thing IMO.

Personally, I think the guy should get 1-2 threads tops, but 4 is NOT good for the board IMO.

Just my $0.02.
Old February 16th, 2010, 08:35 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Badger...I believe the young man is trying to "turn over a new leaf" with this project by moving forward and away from all of the negativity in the other threads. (Notice his "Official Leader" signature is gone)

I understand where you are coming from...its a shame when important threads like this one get bumped.
Old February 16th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yes, because I took 4 threads on the main board.

Look, it isn't a big deal. I just enjoy seeing what people are working on without having to scroll through a bunch of threads that really should/could be in one thread.

If you disagree, that is fine. If the admins want him to have 5 or 8 or 12 threads, I am sure I will live.

I don't quite see why you need to disparage my one started thread on that main board in order to do it.
Old February 16th, 2010, 11:04 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Wow. time again?!?
I'm kinda with Badger on this one. This group does not need 4 threads. IMHO you should fold the Discussion thread into this one. 3 is enough, 4 is a crowd.
Second, I am in HEARTY agreement with developing customs in this thread alone. I wouldn't want to see my, or anyone else's for the matter, ideas and work torn apart and shredded. I do like the idea of using someone's card as a base though. You might want to think about that. That is the whole reason I brought up my Weather Wizard card in the first place. Your card is interesting, my card is interesting, and I'm sure there are plenty of other cards that are interesting. Maybe an amalgam of multiple cards would create a unique and interesting custom. But simply dismissing other members? That will not do.
Third, this project has no cohesion at all. It is starting to be a bit beyond bothersome. I am obviously not the only one who has noticed this. It wouldn't be a bad idea to step back and come up with some groundwork before continuing.
Finally, this project is going WAAAAAY too fast for my taste. I think until a real unified hierarchy is formed and rules/guidelines are set forth, AS A GROUP, we should think about slowing this crazy train down. You are playtesting figures that what, one or two people commented on? I never even got to comment on Weather Wizard before you started playtesting. Why not slow down, start all over again, with a unified theory behind all of this, and pull this together in a way that the community can be proud of. Otherwise, we are just a bunch of elitist snobs, thumbing our collective noses at the rest of the community saying "neener neener, boo boo" , ya know?
Just a few thoughts for everyone to mull over.

Last edited by wulfhunter667; February 17th, 2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've merged your development and discussion threads because they seemed redundant. As I said before - no more than three threads for you guys. A discussion/development thread, a playtesting thread, and a voting thread should suffice.
If you put out anymore, I won't worry about doing you the courtesy of merging them. I will just lock them. You've been warned.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 17th, 2010, 07:51 AM

thanks I was going to ask you to do that anyway. Wulf, we are using your Grodd card as a base. I waited a while before moving WW into playtesting. Because were developing 1 fifure at a time, if we wait forever the set won't get released.

Old February 17th, 2010, 10:45 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Wulf, we are using your Grodd card as a base. I waited a while before moving WW into playtesting. Because were developing 1 fifure at a time, if we wait forever the set won't get released.
Dude, are there deadlines we don't know about? Is this a race against time or the other group to see who can pump out the most sets first? Honestly, reread my post above. The whole thing. Slowly and carefully. C3G and NM24 garner the respect and admiration of the community because they have already done those things. Rules, in place. Hierarchy, in place. We have neither. That's why these threads continue to get so many joke post about train wrecks and fire hoses. Although cute at first, it's starting to wear on my nerves. Step back. Get a core group together. Get some rules in place. Base them off the other groups if you have to. Get a structured hierarchy. When that is all said and done, then, and ONLY then, should we continue.
Old February 17th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Wulf, we are using your Grodd card as a base. I waited a while before moving WW into playtesting. Because were developing 1 fifure at a time, if we wait forever the set won't get released.
Dude, are there deadlines we don't know about? Is this a race against time or the other group to see who can pump out the most sets first? Honestly, reread my post above. The whole thing. Slowly and carefully. C3G and NM24 garner the respect and admiration of the community because they have already done those things. Rules, in place. Hierarchy, in place. We have neither. That's why these threads continue to get so many joke post about train wrecks and fire hoses. Although cute at first, it's starting to wear on my nerves. Step back. Get a core group together. Get some rules in place. Base them off the other groups if you have to. Get a structured hierarchy. When that is all said and done, then, and ONLY then, should we continue.
And, if you find that you are having trouble getting said core group, perhaps it should tell you something.
Old February 17th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I am not sure if you asked IamBatman if you could use the power off of his Flash card, not that you really need to, but it is polite and courteous to do so before borrowing someones work.

An example of this is, when we at C3G were designing Joker, we really wanted to use Matt Helm's "Wanna Hear Another?" special attack. Well Matt was one of our own members as a Sidekick, but we still asked him if we could use that power.

I hope that you will think about that example of respect before you take or borrow anyone's custom ideas in the future. And if you have not asked Bats permission, you should really take down the power on this page until he gives you permission.

Respectfully,
Griffin

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations