Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 16th, 2014, 02:56 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played a 6 player game of Eclipse tonight, pretty long game. Only my third game ever and did okay, though last game a few weeks ago was a 4 player game that I won by tiebreaker.

Tonight's scores were:

36, 33, 31 (me), 29, 19 and 17.

Fun game, and when even newer people than me to the game are learning it for the first time, it adds to the time factor, especially in the first half of the game.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 16th, 2014, 03:34 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

How long did it go?

We played adventure 3 in Mice and Mystics today then three games of I'm The Boss and two games of Ivanhoe. All were tons of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 16th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quozl,

Well, we met at the game store at 6pm, though it was like 6:15 before everyone showed up. Then set up and explaining the rules to the 2 new guys (and refreshing me) went until like 7. I'd say we finished around 11:30 and then cleaned up and chatted about how the game went until midnight. It had started to snow earlier and I had a half-hour drive, so I left while the others stuck around and chatted some more.

The first few rounds were really slow with the 2 new guys asking a lot of questions etc. Then it went smoother for the rest of the game, but slowed down of course at the end of a couple rounds when there was a lot of combat. The last round was especially long as everyone was attacking the heck out of each other and there were a ton of combats to resolve. I didn't have the bombs or whatever to auto take out the planets, so I had to attack them to take them over. My dreadnoughts were pretty nasty. I had the Magellan race, while there was the plant race, the pirate race, the race that was friendly with the Ancients (though the player who played them and has played the game 50 times says they are like the worst race of them all), and a couple human race players.

Awesome that you got in some Mice and Mystics, I love that game. You'll love Downwood Tales when it comes out.

I looked at I'm the Boss, but never got it. It looks pretty good.

Old February 16th, 2014, 09:39 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Just finished the 11th game on my copy of Risk: Legacy with greenelvineyes and some other friends, one who was pretty new to gaming in general (she loved it, BTW). South America is now a toasty no-man's land, Brookland has been declared capital of the world and North America and Africa are the last remaining continents that are relatively problem-free. Good times.
Old February 16th, 2014, 10:13 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Just finished the 11th game on my copy of Risk: Legacy with greenelvineyes and some other friends, one who was pretty new to gaming in general (she loved it, BTW). South America is now a toasty no-man's land, Brookland has been declared capital of the world and North America and Africa are the last remaining continents that are relatively problem-free. Good times.
Love Risk Legacy. I think we're on 27 or 28. Still fun!

(We did print out from BGG the Role cards a few games back--they add in some more fun choices to the draft.)

Our Australia is quite trashed, So. America is hammered, but can still be played, Africa is fairly fried, No. America has some lighter issues, but it's hard to hold on our map. Only Europe and Asia aren't too bad, but, you know, good luck with those two!

Speaking of Risk, we played LotR Risk tonight. Still really enjoy that one (even with it's odd final ending mechanism).
Old February 16th, 2014, 10:21 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Love Risk Legacy. I think we're on 27 or 28. Still fun!

(We did print out from BGG the Role cards a few games back--they add in some more fun choices to the draft.)
Ooh, haven't heard of these. I'll definitely have to check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Speaking of Risk, we played LotR Risk tonight. Still really enjoy that one (even with it's odd final ending mechanism).
I remember playing that and liking it back when it came out. Weren't there planned expansions for it that never got released?
Old February 16th, 2014, 10:32 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

There was an expansion (adding Gondor and Mordor to the map--and with a back side mini-game on that map portion). There was also a reprint that just included a single large map with Gondor and Mordor on it (but not the mini-game).

I believe there may have been more planned, but even just the larger Trilogy edition (what the reprint is usually called) is quite cool. Sadly, I only have the earlier version--but at least it's shorter.

Oh, the Legacy cards are called Mercenary cards. I've never seen them for sale or I'd buy them. As it is I just printed them on cardstock and add them to the draft. Very fun little tweak.
Old February 18th, 2014, 03:37 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Got a couple more plays of Sekigahara: The Unification of Japan. This is such a great game.

I'm also still working my way through the Band of Brothers: Ghost Panzer scenarios.
Old February 18th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Prickly Cactus

That Band of Brothers sounds like it's a good one.

Old February 18th, 2014, 08:16 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Jbbnbsmith:

Thanks for the positive vibe on Sekigahara. Its been on my shelf since it came out, and I've still only played one half game of it from back then! There have just been too many other things coming out since. But its back in my "need to get to it" category.
Old February 18th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't come around much anymore, but I just have to know: jbbnbsmith how much is each play of War of the Ring worth to you at this point?
Old February 18th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks, Hahma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I looked at I'm the Boss, but never got it. It looks pretty good.
If you get it, make sure you get the board game, not the card game. And if you love everybody talking and playing cards at once trying to negotiate the best deals, there's no better game out there than I'm The Boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games