Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 16th, 2009, 07:48 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape under $100?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 4th Horseman View Post
Wow, that was a lot of replies really fast.

I think I'll definitely check Craigslist to try and find things locally, so at least then I'm not spending my remaining budget on shipping. I looked a few minutes ago, but it was just another Swarm of the Marro set, and someone's collection asking $300. I'll keep checking.

I've actually looked for the Rise of the Valkyrie set at local game stores. It would probably be the best dollar to figure value, and if I could buy it with only going a little over my limit, I would. But from the prices I've seen, it would definitely way overshoot my limit. One place was charging $70! In which case I think I'd rather just buy more Swarm of the Marro sets at Toys R Us, getting 3.5 sets instead of 1, there's no question really.

I'll definitely look out for the boosters, maybe pick up one pack or so. I'll check out Walmart, unfortunately quite far away, but if I'm ever near them I'll take a look.

I'll definitely post a trade thread with my other CCGs and miniatures. Maybe someone will want to make some customs or just want other games, and have extra heroscape lying around.

Sadly, well not really sadly, my Christmas present has already been purchased, and it was a combined present from my entire family... the computer I'm using right now!

Thanks again for all the advice.
Just an FYI 4 Horse that Walmart Canada currently doesn't carry any Scape. The Walmart in Bellingham has some Wave 9 currently...or at least did a few weeks ago when I was there. In the lower mainland, you pretty much have various FLGS to buy from if you don't want to do the online route.

The ones I have shopped at are:

In Brentwood Mall there is a store called Core Games that has boosters for a good price (11.95) and he has been bringing in a bit more lately since myself and Tannergx have been buying it from him. He currently has some Wave 1 and Wave 10 stuff. A good guy to support as he is keeping prices low and is willing to order you cases at a reduced price.

Connection Games (two locations, one Granville and one on Renfrew...as well as online) has some stuff. They actually have some Wave 6 and Ticalla's in. You can order online and then go pickup from them as well. They are a little more expensive, but have some of the harder to find things.

Drexall Games carries it as well, but they charge like 20 bucks a booster, so steer WELL clear of them.

Online can be done affordably. Auggies really is a great choice for allowing you to pick and choose stuff, and if you ship it to the states and then go pick it up you can get alot of stuff for a good price. CoolStuffInc is selling alot of stuff cheap right now...that extra money you have could almost get you the entire Wave 1 set or a pre-order of DNDScape along with a booser from Wave 1...they have some cheap hero sets up right now as well.

Obviously Ebay is the enemy, though you can sometimes find some good deals when a product is listed poorly and didn't attract any attention...I saw a 1st Ed ROTV set go for 6 bucks the other day because the seller didn't list the item properly, so if you weren't looking at the pictures, you would have had no idea.

One thing to be aware of...you can spend more time trying to find the stuff to buy then you will actually playing sometimes, heh.

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless
Old December 16th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

$70 dollars for one RotV is proposterous, unless it was an original. Try Wargamersheadquarters.com, where you can find RotV for about $30.
Old December 16th, 2009, 07:52 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
$70 dollars for one RotV is proposterous, unless it was an original. Try Wargamersheadquarters.com, where you can find RotV for about $30.
Hey Red. The problem is that you can't find ROTV in stores in Canada for less then 50ish....and having that 30 dollar item shipped to Canada would make it cost at least 50 bucks, if not more

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless
Old December 16th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therrian View Post
Quote:
Hey Red. The problem is that you can't find ROTV in stores in Canada for less then 50ish....and having that 30 dollar item shipped to Canada would make it cost at least 50 bucks, if not more
That sucks...

New Suggestion: Move to U.S!
Old December 16th, 2009, 08:22 PM

CanScape has disabled reputation

1)With what I have so far do you think I can create a decent variety of games for 2-4 players?

Of course! With enough stuff, of course...but I know you can play a really fun 3 player game with just RotV and Orm's Return expansion...serious!

2)Do you have any recommendations on what I should buy with my remaining $27.26? I’m not looking to play competitively or anything, just at home with friends and family.

I would chill on that cash right now as you've picked up quite a bit of stuff already. Eventually, the addiction will set in and you'll start hunting for stuff seriously. Which leads to the next point...

3)Am I just being naive in thinking I’ll only spend $100 on what so far has been an incredibly enjoyable game?

I think you've already proven that you don't 'need' to buy anything else and still have a great time!...but therein lies the 'problem'. If you're a collector-type of gamer, you're in for a lot of fun. Somewhat expensive fun, but LOTS of fun! I originally didn't even touch the game because I knew I'd want to collect it all...and this was only after the first wave came out! I did the math and said "no thanks!". Well, four years later and my, how have things changed. As soon as I got caught up in how good this game was (and its already proven track record for expansion quality), I needed one of everything. Then I came to this site and found out about Dr Weirdscaper. The rest is history! A side note: I won't lie to you; this game can get pricey if you go off the deep end, but there's no reason to do that if you just buy what you actually play with. Giant maps are hella fun to look at, but smaller maps are just as fun to play...it's all about how far you want to take it.

4)Do any other players who have set similar expenditure limits, or those who haven’t, have any other advice?

The best advice I've read here, and I believe it came from Weirdscaper himself, was to set aside some cash every month for the game. Reasonable amounts of money that anyone would consider just fine under an entertainment budget (music, movies, pubs). And he shopped around for deals, and picked up what he could, when he could, usually at clearance prices. He'd bank what he didn't spend, and now he has what could be the most incredibly immense collection of HS that I've ever seen. Now, that's the extreme...you could keep what you have and still have a truly great game that wouldn't require ANYTHING else...honestly, the replay factor is just nuts.

But you'll soon find out about how much cool stuff is already out there...stuff you may have missed out on, but should be reprinted in the future.

With that final note, here's what to do...take that last bit of cash and go pick up as much of Wave 1 over at Coolstuffinc.com...it's on at an amazing price and you'll thank yourself later for getting it at such a steal. And the shipping is quite reasonable, especially on a smaller order (six boosters came to around 7 bux USD)....pretty Canadian friendly, eh. Have a good time!
Old December 16th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
@Killometer, he already has a SotM set, so I don't think he'd like another one before RotV.
Somehow I replaced SotM in the OP with RotV. DEFINITELY invest in Rise of the Valkyrie before anything else.* They're $27.99 at coolstuffinc.com, plus shipping, so you'll break your $100 limit by about $5-10, but it's worth it. You'll almost double your number of figs and more than double your terrain.

*I edited my first post to reflect my new suggestion.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old December 17th, 2009, 01:02 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

If you can get Rise of Valkyrie for anywhere near you're price range, do it. It is a better value than the Swarm of the Marro set. If that isn't an option, I would say to take some time looking through the units in the "Books" threads. Figure out what ones you are the most interested in that is currently available. You can only get a couple of small expansions. I would really recommend making that last purchase count as much as you can. If you find one that will get you the most bang for the buck (and it is common) get as many of that particular pack as you can.
Old December 17th, 2009, 12:14 PM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart

Oops. I mistook Fortress of the Archkyre for RotV

Defiantly save for the original master set

Then get marvel

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:55 PM

Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker

Just read my sig!

Amazingly it's getting close to needing another zero.

My greatest Heroscape mistake: Thinking that Heroscape was a $40 $400 game!
Old December 18th, 2009, 11:10 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

I'll toss in here.

ROTV definitely. If you can't, then, I think it may have been mentioned already, Auggies.

You can pick and choose what you want. On a limited budget this is probably the best option. You will only be spending money on what you really want instead of purchasing a whole pack with only 2 figs in the pack you really want. His shipping within the U.S. is incredibly low; I am not sure about international shipping though. Couldn't hurt to check him out.

Auggies
Old December 18th, 2009, 11:37 AM

Jdet is surprisingly tart

You should definitely check out ebay. I'm in the UK where heroscape is hard to find, and I've gotten fantastic deals on American ebay on heroscape.

Last edited by Jdet; December 18th, 2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old December 18th, 2009, 01:01 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
I'll toss in here.

ROTV definitely. If you can't, then, I think it may have been mentioned already, Auggies.
When it comes to RotV, there is no can't. Buy it, otherwise you're not really getting the most out of Heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion