Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 31st, 2009, 10:56 AM

evilbeany is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: The Book of Venoc Vipers

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering can you keep using frenzy until you roll under 16?

Thanks

Evilbeany

Last edited by evilbeany; May 31st, 2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:01 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbeany View Post
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering can you keep using frenzy untill you roll under 16?

Thanks

Evilbeany
Yes, you can and it is a fresh turn as in the new frenzy turn does not have to be the same vipers used on the previous turn.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:50 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

With the new release, I came across this little number that I find quite effective:

VW - 120
Venocs x4 - 280
Kaemon Awa - 400
KMA - 500

Probably my fave army out of Wave 1. I don't really have the skill to use Romans effectively, although I've broken the shield wall quite a few times with this army.

Critique?
Old June 25th, 2009, 07:54 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I like it a lot - I would play the Krav first, then swarm with Venocs. Kaemon shoots Rats or cleans up. Nice.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old July 9th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

My brother has nagged me for some time to post this unique situation, so I should so that he will leave me alone.

In one of our battles, my brother decided to attack one of my Venoc Vipers with one of his Microcorp Agents. The Viper had hieght advantage and was next to a Jungle Piece. The Microcorp rolled 1 skull, and my Viper rolled 1 shield. My brother was shocked that for the first time a Viper was not killed by his attack.

So, he wants me now to ask if any of the Heroscapers has had a Venoc Viper to survive an attack if the opponent had rolled at least one skull, and to know the situation.

(Brothers can be very annoying sometimes.)

MegaSilver
Old July 9th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
My brother has nagged me for some time to post this unique situation, so I should so that he will leave me alone.

In one of our battles, my brother decided to attack one of my Venoc Vipers with one of his Microcorp Agents. The Viper had hieght advantage and was next to a Jungle Piece. The Microcorp rolled 1 skull, and my Viper rolled 1 shield. My brother was shocked that for the first time a Viper was not killed by his attack.

So, he wants me now to ask if any of the Heroscapers has had a Venoc Viper to survive an attack if the opponent had rolled at least one skull, and to know the situation.

(Brothers can be very annoying sometimes.)

MegaSilver
Yes, I have had this happen in games.
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:30 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Why, just today I had a viper survive SotM Drake's pistol because of height advantage.

On the flip side, 1 skull at range from Q9 killed an Elite Onyx Viper with height once upon a time at my gaming table...

Now that I think of it, that was the last time the EOV saw play... Venocs forever! We all have to die sometime.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:37 AM

kriegskeks is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
With the new release, I came across this little number that I find quite effective:

VW - 120
Venocs x4 - 280
Kaemon Awa - 400
KMA - 500

Probably my fave army out of Wave 1. I don't really have the skill to use Romans effectively, although I've broken the shield wall quite a few times with this army.

Critique?
I like that army. I have to test that.

My idea, that I haven't tested yet, but I think sounds valid:

Vipers x5 - 200
VW - 320
EOV - 420
Marro Warriors - 470
Eldgrim - 500

24 spaces

The idea is to grab a glyph with Eldgrim and if he dies give the spirit to either VW, EOV or the MW. The MW provide some range, EOV can sneak up to the enemy and you have a whole bunch of Vipers to attack when the enemy comes to you MW. For more range you could switch Guilty with Eldgrim or EOV with KMA.
Old July 10th, 2009, 08:41 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I've been playing the Venocs a lot lately, and with the jungle terrain, I've survived many an attack with them.

-insert signature here-
Old July 14th, 2009, 11:41 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Today I played a 300 point game, fielding a single squad of venocs.

I win initiative, first turn with venocs.

5 frenzies later, I won without giving my opponent a single unit activation, that first turn. So epic.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

One of our favorite viper armies is:

2x Venoc Vipers
2x Armoc Vipers
1x EOV
1x Venoc Warlord
1x Zetacron
10 point filler (whichever is available)
500 pts 19 spaces

It lacks range (only Zetacron has range attack), but with half your amy having a move of 9 and possible Frenzy and the other half having a move of 7, you really don't need too many ranged attacks.
Old July 15th, 2009, 02:15 PM

Vivaldi is surprisingly tart

These guys have mad synergy with the new Brave Arrow/Mohican/Scout Army...

Get BA adjacent to their flagship hero then frenzy on in for the win.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units