Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 27th, 2014, 05:21 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Reaper Kobolds (Design/Brainstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
You know, for some weird reason, I keep see these guys as talking exclusively in rhyme. I have no idea why

So, to get it out of my system, I composed a poem! It is Terrible!

The Traditional Kobold hymn of service:

Noble Master, full of grace
Gives us a home, gives us a place

We watch the castle, watch the keep
Tend the fires, floors we sweep

Harm the master
You’d better run
We ask no quarter
And we offer none.
You know what ? I really like that ! It give them a flavor of strange magical lore creatures, and it is really cool !

I really like the Warrior Hero synergy, especially if they are from Valhala ! I really like synergies that make sense thematically in Heroscape, but it is also "The battle of all time !", where romans can bond with marro warlord, and a lone cow-boy with savages vikings ! I like when a synergy make sense thematically with most units it can synergize with, but also have a few odd ball thrown in. It give the synergy a "good old classic heroscape" feeling. I have this feeling with the Warrior Hero synergy. It is mainly a Kyrie synergie, with some others choices that can make intersting armies ideas !
So definitively Warrior for me

As for the name, I really like Kobolds of Idona Keep !

I never thought of it before, but the Master you choose change lot of they behave !

With Raelin, they now have +2 defense, can be good defenders.
With Taelord, +1 attack (+ mob attack, can be deadly)
With Jotun, you can try to have a lot of activations
With Ulfrid, you can quickly have more activation (he can wound himself), and he is pretty resilient, so you can have more activation for longer.
and probably others too. I like how each master give them something different.
Old January 28th, 2014, 12:05 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

After reading that poem I just want to say, the kobolds are the coolest butlers ever.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old January 28th, 2014, 12:14 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
With Raelin, they now have +2 defense, can be good defenders.
With Taelord, +1 attack (+ mob attack, can be deadly)
With Jotun, you can try to have a lot of activations
With Ulfrid, you can quickly have more activation (he can wound himself), and he is pretty resilient, so you can have more activation for longer.
and probably others too. I like how each master give them something different.
This should be in the book.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old January 28th, 2014, 12:17 AM
Never Forgets

Quote:
You know, for some weird reason, I keep see these guys as talking exclusively in rhyme. I have no idea why

Harm the master
You’d better run
We ask no quarter
And we offer none.
And that would make a great Bio!

Old January 28th, 2014, 08:38 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Quote:

Harm the master
You’d better run
We ask no quarter
And we offer none.
I'm working on a bio, and I was gonna include this. I will finish it soon.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old January 28th, 2014, 10:19 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

I think it is fine to leave it as it was originally proposed with Warriors.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old January 28th, 2014, 10:26 AM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

I like allowing them to choose their master from Warriors.

I also think that, with some polishing, that poem could be their bio.
Old January 28th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'm planning on running an "open submission" for bios during playtesting, then a vote. Should be fun.

I'm seeing most people are still in favor of Warrior.
Old January 28th, 2014, 11:13 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Quote:

Harm the master
You’d better run
We ask no quarter
And we offer none.
I'm working on a bio, and I was gonna include this. I will finish it soon.
Love the poem! A suggested edit, for rhythm:

Noble Master, full of grace,
Gives us home, gives us place.
We watch castle, we watch keep,
Tend bright fires, floors to sweep.
Harm the Master, you should run!
We ask no quarter, and offer none.
Old January 28th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
I also think that, with some polishing, that poem could be their bio.

Oh no please... It would be just insane to translate in French !

More seriously, I think too that the best to do is another poll for the bio.
But we have others priorities for now, the Bio could wait until the submission... We can see this point during the playtests phase.
I'm also okay for a Warrior's Devotion.

EDIT: just to make a provisional assessment, for now we are discussing about this version :
Spoiler Alert!

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; January 28th, 2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old January 28th, 2014, 03:03 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Snip
I agree with you on pretty much all accounts.

Raelin is pretty much going to make or break the Warrior synergy, as it creates situations where you have choose between shooting Raelin and taking a Kobold swarm to the face the next turn.

That oughta be enough of a ceiling on testing, as a general Unique Hero bonding would have too much future repercussions, however subtle they might be. A resilient, high life hero made to help the MacDirks would probably help these guys more than them, for instance. Unique Hero bonding doesn't feel like it would pass the SoV, either.

Warrior bonding.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old January 28th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

What it's looking like to me:

We're sticking with Warrior, for better or for worse.

Maybe start at 50 points for testing? I think that's a nice round number, primed for tweaking.

Pretty sure we're still in favor of Sentinel for the Class.

I still like C better but no complains about A.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards