Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 25th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Tournament Armies Played

I got 1st place at the Nebraska Battle Royal. It was 3 player free for all with points awarded - 1 point for killing a common squad figure, 2 points for killing a unique, 3 points for controlling a glyph when the game ended, and 5 points if at least 50% of your army was still intact when the game ended. It was 350 points and general specific.

My army was -
Dividers x 6 - 300
MW - 350

I was 0/13 going into the final game with my divide rolls. I went 11/32 in the final game (11/45 overall).

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 25th, 2009, 10:18 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Just got back from Islandscape 2009 where I placed third with this army:

Migol Ironwill - 110
Axegrinders of Burning Forge x 2 - 140
10th Regiment of Foot x 2 - 150
Krav Maga Agents - 100

I went 4-1 for the day (losing to Onacara), making my lifetime tourney record 8-2. Gotta play in some more tourneys...
Old July 25th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I went 5-0 at Islandscape with this army: 4x 10th Regiment, Brunak, RotV Raelin, and Isamu. I didn't have the pleasure of playing Sherman Davies; perhaps I would not have done so well against those pesky Kravs that gave me so much trouble in PA last week.

BTW, there I came in about 15th with 4x Swogs, 4 x Arrow Gruts, SotM Raelin, Nerak and Isamu.

Old July 25th, 2009, 10:50 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Yup, that's two Islandscapes now that we haven't gotten to play each other, Taeblewalker. Maybe next year... with some Wave 10.
Old July 26th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Chaos in the Capital =500
Q9-180
Kaemon Awa-120
2xWoA-100
Krav-100
2-2

Marlboro vs the World =500

Q9-180
DW 8000-130
Isamu-10
2x Marrden hounds-180
2-2

UConn =450
3xMarrden Hounds-270
Q9-180
3-2

Beantown Beatdown IV =500
3x10th Regiment-225
Zelring-185
Crixus-90
2-3

Saratoga Slugfest I =600[No Start Zone limit]
10xZombies-600
1-4

Eastern PA Tournament =520[All one general]
Zetacron-60
Finn-80
Thorgrim-80
3xOmnicron -300
2-3

Revalation =600[Theme army]
Jotun-225
3xAubriens-210
Krug-120
Sonya-45
600 points all Feylund
4-1
[I feel I did a good job of playing the Under used Jotun, and putting him in an army that could have one that tournament.[Had i not done a stupid move against Tablewalker]

Fall Brawl = 500
Agent Skahen-120
4xDeathreavers-160
Krav-100
Nakita-120
3-2

UConn II = 500, 100 point sidebar/Marvel

5xStingers-300
Venom- 150
Tarn's-50
[Sidebar: Marro Warriors in place of tarns]
4-1
3rd out of 14
Win's against Arp12, Onacara
Loss against Bengi

Beantown Beatdown V = 516 points
3x Sentinels-330
Nilf-185
2-3
23rd out of 35

Saratoga Slugfest II

600 Points no Glyph
3x Protectors of Ullar-330
Atlaga-90
Taelord-180
2-3

Islandscape II
500 points Gencon Rules!

Spartacus-200
Crixus-90
3x Capuan-210
3-2

Total Record-
29 -28

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Last edited by Shades fan; August 10th, 2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old July 26th, 2009, 11:44 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

I updated my first post with my results from the Houston Summer Bake Out and DFW 3 Pack Draft Tournaments.

I have now participated in 32 tournaments for 140 games. I have 93 wins & 47 losses with a win percentage of 66.4%.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 26th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
I updated my first post with my results from the Houston Summer Bake Out and DFW 3 Pack Draft Tournaments.

I have now participated in 32 tournaments for 140 games. I have 93 wins & 47 losses with a win percentage of 66.4%.
You'll easily have 100 wins after gencon this year!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 27th, 2009, 07:09 AM

elf326 is surprisingly tart

At Islandscape I played:

4th Massachusetts Line x2 140
Sgt. Drake Alexander 170
Marcus Decimus Gallus 100
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior 80
Isamu 10

Record: 2 wins 3 losses
Old July 27th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

At the 7/25 Dayton Tourney (510 General Wars) I played:

2x KOWs
2x 4th Mass
Raelin RotV
Omnicron Snipers
Sir Gilbert

Took 6/18th place.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 27th, 2009, 08:12 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Islandscape '09: 500 points, GenCon Main Event format.

150 2 x 10th
120 Kaemon
100 Krav
80 Kumiko
50 Marro Warriors

Last round: 75 point reinforcement, took another 10th.

Record: 4-1

Total tournament record to date: 4-1

David
Old August 2nd, 2009, 01:04 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm updated my big post.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...&postcount=386

For the second tournament in a row, I went 5-0 and placed first. My luck was simply godly in the last game, and I would have lost game 2 if I didn't chomp Migol.

Again, my army was mainly melee with a small bit of range thrown in. Marro warriors were great in the last game, they took out a bunch of dwarves against Clancambell, they were able to harass Kalislord's Nagrubs a lot, and they provided an excellent distraction that drew fire away from my orcs against Drewcula. I never really liked them much before, but they are growing on me a lot.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 02:29 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Nice job! I always like the Marro Warriors for 50 point throw in.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion