Old November 16th, 2010, 10:30 PM

odbo255 has disabled reputation
Re: HS Trade Thread & Good Traders

i snd al my psts frm a phne. sry bout teh bad splling

Items for trade
Heroscape lives on: 3FG C3G C3V CHCG24 CMSP NM24 SoV
Tournament Maps: BoV WoV
Old November 16th, 2010, 10:32 PM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Racer X is a great driver. I mean trader x is a great trader.

Chim-Chim says thanks for all the candy!

Old November 16th, 2010, 10:54 PM
has been BANNED

ScapeorDie costs too much!

and not like its hard to figure out when i sign everything SOD anyhow. and i plan on being a lifetime member as my other thread talks about but have not built up my paypal yet becuz (because) i dont price gouge for my scape

and as far as the grammar goes come on people really? are there that many people here that are not caught up to the modern world and have not texted or chatted? I mean if its that big of a deal i would volunteer my services as a translator for free to the site. that way if there are any more hard to read or "shady" messages i can help sort them out
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScapeorDie View Post
and not like its hard to figure out when i sign everything SOD anyhow. and i plan on being a lifetime member as my other thread talks about but have not built up my paypal yet becuz (because) i dont price gouge for my scape

and as far as the grammar goes come on people really? are there that many people here that are not caught up to the modern world and have not texted or chatted? I mean if its that big of a deal i would volunteer my services as a translator for free to the site. that way if there are any more hard to read or "shady" messages i can help sort them out
Or you could simply realize you're in the minority and that the site has standards. It's a matter of respect. Respect to the people who set up the site, respect to the people who frequent the site, and respect to the site itself.

Text-speak is nothing to catch up to - it's something that the lazy have fallen back on.
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Yes, on this site we like to hold ourselves to a higher standard. I know there are people on this site that are from germany, and they take the time to write everything in english. Yes sometimes we get our words crossed and we miss eachothers saying, but that is more of a culture thing. I for one enjoy the high standards of typing out every sentence. It is just so hard.

And I like my old world where everyone types things out. For crying out loud I am 16, and cant stand when people use modern language. I mean lol could mean so many things. laugh out loud, live out life, love our life, lover of love. I think you get the point. Text language is just not needed and inconvenient. It also results in poor grammar, and in poor spelling. I am by no means a great writer, but I still try to write everything out in complete sentences.

So I am going to have to say superflyTNT was in the right. If you cant understand what your trading, how can you trade. However, I dont like when people label teens or younger people as irresponsible. I have been trading on this site since about 14/15 and have been running tournaments, and NHSD events since I was 13/14. So I do resent when people say teens are incapable of being held to higher standards.

If I was in superflyTNT's shoes, I would have done the same thing.

DragonSlayer2
~adding my thoughts

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:26 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

In my opinion, proper grammar just shows respect for everyone else on the site. It shows that you care enough to use punctuation and capitals along with proper spelling. And if you want to talk like your texting, then text and leave in in texting; this is a forum, not a cell phone.

EDIT: Double 'd!

Heroscape is back! WOOOOO!
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Different sites on the Internet have differing cultures and values. This site, from its inception, has valued standard English (with a welcome to those for whom English is not their first language). If you look at the number of people with Masters and Doctoral degrees on the site, it is no wonder that the standard of language usage is "college level." That is also "successful business level." We simply find it more efficient, in the long run, than the, seemly, more easy, faster leet or text speak. Standard language is standard because it "works." The "works" is on both the linguistic and the social level. How you speak or post may not tell me everything about you (or even the most important things), but it does give me huge clues about your personality, attitude, and intelligence.
Old November 17th, 2010, 12:00 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

It is likely not a good idea to buy small objects from someone who signs their messages "SoD" anyway... ya never know where those objects have been.
Old November 17th, 2010, 12:43 AM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
. How you speak or post may not tell me everything about you (or even the most important things), but it does give me huge clues about your personality, attitude, and intelligence.
I think how someone speaks speaks or posts reflects more their age and environment than attitude/intelligence. I suspect an intelligent 12 year old will speak and post quite differently from an intelligent 70 year old since languages evolve/change over time. If this were not true out boards would be filled old english or whatever.
Old November 17th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
and not like its hard to figure out when i sign everything SOD anyhow.
As of right now you have 15 posts. Four of them have been signed SOD. If you're going to try to defend something using statistics, please at least try to use accurate statistics.

To echo others, TXT speak or chat speak are not looked fondly upon here. Please do not use either one.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old November 17th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
If this were not true out boards would be filled old english or whatever.
True. "out boards would be filled old english or whatever." In fact, they are.

I respect you, therefore I proof-read what I write.
Old November 17th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
and not like its hard to figure out when i sign everything SOD anyhow.
And with 11 posts before this mess, I'm sure everyone would've put two and two together. Or cared to. My bad.

Quote:
and i plan on being a lifetime member as my other thread talks about but have not built up my paypal yet becuz (because) i dont price gouge for my scape
Well then, first, try spelling things in a manner befitting someone who wants to be taken seriously. Second, drop the 15$, then neg-rep me for being an ass. I deserve it. I ALWAYS do.

Quote:
and as far as the grammar goes come on people really? are there that many people here that are not caught up to the modern world and have not texted or chatted?
If this were 4chan, or perhaps if we were all texting messages to the board, then it would be absolutely appropriate. But we're not. We talk here. We speak in understandable terms so that I don't need a translator.

Quote:
I mean if its that big of a deal i would volunteer my services as a translator for free to the site.
I have a GREAT idea! Why not just TRANSLATE YOUR OWN POSTS. That would solve the problem immediately!

Quote:
that way if there are any more hard to read or "shady" messages i can help sort them out
Oh, no, you di'nt! It wasn't that your virtually indecipherable messages were shady, it was that you noted "I came up on this squad" and "I can get anything you need", which indicates to me that you're trying to trade me things you don't yet have. THAT'S the shady part. I can deal with people that can't write messages clearly enough that I just don't want to even bother reading it, but I can't deal with people that are trying to "find" stuff to trade me. Shady.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online