Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old September 21st, 2022, 07:46 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBaroness View Post
He's a dead deer dude that looks like a wendigo covered in mushies. I love him.

He's also our first in-battle necromancer, and whether his body is wood or bone is a matter of interpretation. Cool stuff. Creepy stuff.
Old September 21st, 2022, 07:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

This design is a fine reminder of how wonderful the artists were. I never conceived of something this cool looking for a unit that I designed, and I take no credit for it. The artists did a fabulous job.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 21st, 2022, 08:16 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
My guess is that the Vorid hero doesn't actually have a unique name yet, and that's just a placeholder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
I actually wouldn't mind if the Vorid Burrowbreaker had that as its name as a unique hero. There's already precedent for generic names for unique heroes, a la Venoc Warlord (and the Marro Hive, if we want to include that).
Those are plausible options, but they wouldn't completely explain the choice to introduce the Vorid Burrowbreakers as an "elite team of sappers." Maybe we'll see a Burrowbreaker squad, too.

---------------------------------
I decided to look further into the bio given for Killian Vane. As the Dawn Raiders already count two specific historical figures among their ranks, I'm a little surprised that the designers forwent the actual Charles Vane in favor of a fictitious descendent. He would've been an excellent example of a historical Utgar unit.

---------------------------------
The new Lifeborne Order units look awesome, as others have mentioned. I suspect that Vrono will be a special Etheric Familiar, as its inseparability from Raakchott, bestial proportions, and mask-like upper face are consistent with the other familiars we've seen.
Old September 21st, 2022, 09:42 PM

BigTicket is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
I decided to look further into the bio given for Killian Vane. As the Dawn Raiders already count two specific historical figures among their ranks, I'm a little surprised that the designers forwent the actual Charles Vane in favor of a fictitious descendent. He would've been an excellent example of a historical Utgar unit.
I am thinking they went with the fictitious son because Charles Vane was hanged and it is well documented, so there is little room to imagine he was actually summoned to Valhalla. For all of the other actual historical figures (Anne Bonny, Ching Shih, Spartacus, Crixus, Parmenio) there seems to be at least some room to imagine that they may have been summoned to Valhalla just before death. The body of Spartacus in particular (according to Wikipedia) was never found and Anne Bonny also basically disappears from history before her death.
Old September 21st, 2022, 10:48 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
I am thinking they went with the fictitious son because Charles Vane was hanged and it is well documented, so there is little room to imagine he was actually summoned to Valhalla. For all of the other actual historical figures (Anne Bonny, Ching Shih, Spartacus, Crixus, Parmenio) there seems to be at least some room to imagine that they may have been summoned to Valhalla just before death. The body of Spartacus in particular (according to Wikipedia) was never found and Anne Bonny also basically disappears from history before her death.
Hoping for an Amelia Earhart in a huge sized plane figure now.

Upset City Baby.
Old September 22nd, 2022, 06:54 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looking forward to more historical units.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 22nd, 2022 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Snipped to prevent an arguement
Old September 22nd, 2022, 11:02 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Can we get Glenn Miller to lead the charge with his Trombone as a new Jandar Flagbearer-esque unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old September 22nd, 2022, 11:35 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Quote:
Can we get Glenn Miller to lead the charge with his Trombone as a new Jandar Flagbearer-esque unit?
Get all the old jazz and big band standards. I'm still expecting the Rat Pack faction. Literal jazz rats all the better.

Have a buddy rich like figure that's a really good bonding hero, but he actually negatively effects his squad/band members a bit. And he gets a boost himself of he's used solo.

Upset City Baby.
Old September 22nd, 2022, 11:55 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Get all the old jazz and big band standards. I'm still expecting the Rat Pack faction. Literal jazz rats all the better.

Have a buddy rich like figure that's a really good bonding hero, but he actually negatively effects his squad/band members a bit. And he gets a boost himself of he's used solo.

Wow, you guys are OLD.
Old September 22nd, 2022, 12:40 PM
Upset City Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Wow, you guys are OLD.
Lol. I'm a drummer, so I'm supposed to worship Buddy Rich.

Upset City Baby.
Old September 22nd, 2022, 04:37 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Some of us here are old enough to be historical units.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 22nd, 2022, 04:44 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Some of us here are old enough to be historical units.
I'm one of them!

I do have to admit that I like the mole with the drill gun...But that's more hysterical than historical.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 22nd, 2022 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Which is why I know better than to start arguments with unseen observers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion