Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Which ent-tree is the most oak-ay? (choose 3)
Wood Elemental 10 26.32%
Darkwood Treant Guardian 4 10.53%
Wooden Revenant 8 21.05%
Birch Sentry 0 0%
Enchanted Tree 11 28.95%
Timber Custodian 8 21.05%
Jubokko 6 15.79%
Tsuri Oni 3 7.89%
Elder Oak 6 15.79%
Wise Oak 5 13.16%
Wood Golem 0 0%
Gnarl of Elder 12 31.58%
Entrean the Elder 4 10.53%
Oakshadow 9 23.68%
Arboris 14 36.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 17th, 2018, 12:01 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Springtime Custom Competition Poll - Vote by 4/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
For making cards, have you seen superfrog's tutorial? I haven't tried it, but it looks good and thorough. (Although having two different ones might be nice for when something doesn't work following one of them for whatever reason.)
Here is the link to @superfrog 's tutorial:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit....php?p=2167496

I have used it to create other customs. It's easy and works great, but when using @Xorlof 's x2cc tool you may need to use Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge or IE. When I used Microsoft Edge or IE the general's symbols did not change when I switched generals so that's why I used Chrome, which worked great. Some time ago someone also had created a .xcf file in GIMP that has multiple layers with all of the generals including all of the AoTP colors. I have used it to make custom cards also and it is pretty easy. I am not sure how to post the .xcf file though for others to use in case it is no longer on the site.
I love MSE and have been using it for years. A member has made templates for it:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=25594

the sheer convenience can't be overstated.

Edit: speaking of customs, like how official separates Wizard, Mage, and Archmage; and Warrior, Witch, and Warwitch; Is there an appetite for Plant > Woodkin > Treant > Ent?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; April 17th, 2018 at 12:49 AM.
Old April 17th, 2018, 07:03 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Spoiler Alert!

Hmm, I guess you can't embed tweets with html stuff. Not really a surprise.

A link instead.
Old April 17th, 2018, 11:04 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Crap - I accidentally voted for the wrong one instead of my favorite Elder Oak. It won't win, just wanted to publicly acknowledge I like it best - always thought we needed a unit that can carry/summon more than one figure at a time, and of course it's Treebeard in all but name. Wood Elemental was my second favorite - just really well balanced (SA might be a tad OP) and fits the theme best. The 3rd was hard as there were many that I liked a lot of the powers and theme, but either did not like all the powers or did not like the point value or other stats as a balanced unit. For instance "Enchanted Tree" would be my favorite if it was 15 or 20 pints and Birch Sentry would be great if the range was 1 instead of 0 (maybe it was typo).
Old April 17th, 2018, 11:46 AM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
speaking of customs, like how official separates Wizard, Mage, and Archmage; and Warrior, Witch, and Warwitch; Is there an appetite for Plant > Woodkin > Treant > Ent?
Good question. C3V has some tree dudes in the pipeline - I wonder what species they've labeled them.
Old April 17th, 2018, 01:21 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Springtime Custom Competition Poll - Congrats Astroking1

Congratulations @Astroking112 ! If you want a glorious prize, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old April 17th, 2018, 01:29 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

@Astroking112 ... more like Customking112! Congratulations! Arboris is a tight unit, with unique and interesting powers. Again, well done!
Old April 17th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Wait, there're still two hours to go, aren't there? I'm banking on a late surge from voters who have been considering the options so carefully that it's taken them 6 days and 22+ hours to come to a decision.

(Alternatively, and probably anyway, congratulations Astroking!)
Old April 17th, 2018, 02:11 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

I think this is not Astroking 112 first competition. If want to see any intriguing tree customs, check out page 8 of my custom thread.
Old April 17th, 2018, 02:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Congrats Astroking112! I have to admit I didn't vote for Arboris though. I really liked the direction but one thing held it back in my mind. I really think he should start the game with a marker or two. I fear my opponent will just put all 3 OM's on one of his cards in R1 and send one figure across the board to kill him in the start zone before he can defend himself. 2 defense and 1 life is pretty easy to take out. Isamu, Cyprien, and Zelrig are all particularly scary counters.
Old April 17th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Wait, there're still two hours to go, aren't there? I'm banking on a late surge from voters who have been considering the options so carefully that it's taken them 6 days and 22+ hours to come to a decision.

(Alternatively, and probably anyway, congratulations Astroking!)
Hmm, seems like my thoughtful contingent are still thinking and didn't make the deadline.

Congratulations for real, Astroking!
Old April 17th, 2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I really think he should start the game with a marker or two. I fear my opponent will just put all 3 OM's on one of his cards in R1 and send one figure across the board to kill him in the start zone before he can defend himself. 2 defense and 1 life is pretty easy to take out. Isamu, Cyprien, and Zelrig are all particularly scary counters.
He will technically start the game with one, as he receives one at the beginning of each round. Totally worth it if my opponent wants to put their Zelrig or Cyprien in a compromising situation for 95 points.
Old April 17th, 2018, 04:39 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Congrats, Astroking!

I appreciate the support my Wooden Revenant got despite getting a little weird with the theme (and the fact that it was the first time I tried to do a custom for classic rather than Supers).

Wasn't thinking about those dang Death Knights because I don't own any and I've never played with them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards