Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 9th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of the Rechets of Bogdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemiscorso View Post
I've had pretty good success with the retchets as squad killers.
The Retchets can take out one or two of the KMA from a good distance; and that really does ruin their value. It's a 100 points (Retchets and Iskra) against a 100 points; a gamble, but an interesting one in a non-tournament setting.
Old December 9th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

I got SUPER lucky this one game:
A 400 point army, the Rechets And Irska killed EVERYBODY in a 400 point Marro army! Only 1 Rechent was killed! Of coarse, I was REALLY lucky, but it was pretty cool!

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old December 9th, 2008, 08:13 PM

eternaldream knows what's in an order marker eternaldream knows what's in an order marker

One thing I just noticed from reading the card, is that their special ability gets worse the more their attack is boosted. Thus it's actually more of a disadvantage to take height, because you'll have less chance to roll all skulls.

What would be very interesting is to see a hero in the future who has an attack draining aura. Instead of adding 1 attack die it will remove 1. That would definitely make the Rechets look a lot more attractive.
Old December 10th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternaldream View Post
One thing I just noticed from reading the card, is that their special ability gets worse the more their attack is boosted. Thus it's actually more of a disadvantage to take height, because you'll have less chance to roll all skulls.

What would be very interesting is to see a hero in the future who has an attack draining aura. Instead of adding 1 attack die it will remove 1. That would definitely make the Rechets look a lot more attractive.

I'm kinda surprised and not surprised at the same time they haven't made this figure yet. It's definitely in the hopper for hasbro. With figures like Zelrig going out now, it's just a matter of time before they start releasing others that REDUCE other figures powers.
By the math at least though, the Rechets should always take height against other squad figures, and most heroes with low defense. An extra attack die will give you an extra skull 50% of the time, but only decrease your chance of getting a lethal sting from 12.5 to 6.25% (which is half as likely). This isn't even taking into account the increased defense conferred by taking height.

I did make up a custom recently with 2 Attack, Deadly Strike, and Maul though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 10th, 2008, 12:57 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I think the Rechets fall into a category shared by a lot of Heroscape's underused units (Stalkers, Runa, Deadeye and DW7K come to mind) in that they have an awesome longshot ability, and a lot of players try to use them just for that. What they should be doing is considering the other excellent benefits they provide.

Instead of focusing on Lethal Sting, you need to be focusing on Iskra's Summoning. The ability to take an immediate turn with these guys from 18 spaces away is outstanding. I love putting the 3 on Iskra, getting the summon and charging with the Rechets on the last turn of the round. That way, they aren't stuck without Order Markers for a while. It's even better when Iskra can land on the Initiative glyph and then summon - it's like 2 free turns (if you hit the summon. If not, you have a hero with decent survivability on a glyph).

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 10th, 2008, 06:36 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Little Rechets story for you guys. I played in a Marvel vs. Undead match once; 1500 points, if I remember. I had the vampire family, a custom vampire wizard, and filled the rest in with zombies. I didn't really expect to win.

But the Rechets actually gave me a fighting chance. They Lethal Sting'd Captain America and reduced Iron Man to 1 life. I lost after that, but it was cool to see a fifty-point squad wreak sweet havoc like that.
Old January 11th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I saw this question on BoardGameGeek.com and told them I would ask here:

Quote:
I haven´t been able to find anything about this in the official FAQ, so thought I would hear you guy´s opinions:

The Nakita Agents and Arkmer the Elf, have "Engagement strike" powers. In both cases, it says on the card that if an opponent Moves next to them, they are allowed to roll the d20 for a chance to cause a wound. My dilemma revolves around what exactly counts as moving, when we factor in a couple of special abilities...

Saylind´s summoning power states that figueres are moved next to her, but on Iskra Esenwein´s card it says that the Rechets of Bogdan are placed within 6 spaces. It´s this placement that bothers me... If Rechets are placed next to Arkmer or a Nakita Agent, did they move there or not, and therefore, will Arkmer/Nakita be allowed to use their "engagement Strike" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 11th, 2009, 02:36 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For game purposes "moving" is the same as "placing", so yes Saylind and Iskra's summoning do trigger Engagement Strike abilities.

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; January 11th, 2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason: trigget!
Old March 2nd, 2009, 05:26 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I have a question. If I have the Rechets and Iskra, and Iskra is mind-shackled by the opponent, what happens to the Rechets? Are they still under my control and thus impossible to summon (barring a re-shackling of Iskra) or do they go to the opponent with Iskra? I would say the first.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old March 2nd, 2009, 05:29 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I would agree that it's the first case and they cannot be summoned by your opponent.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 2nd, 2009, 05:30 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I have a question. If I have the Rechets and Iskra, and Iskra is mind-shackled by the opponent, what happens to the Rechets? Are they still under my control and thus impossible to summon (barring a re-shackling of Iskra) or do they go to the opponent with Iskra? I would say the first.
The Rechets are an independent unit (even though they require Lskra to activate). Mind Shackling Iskra does not give you free access to the Rechets. If they have not been activated, they are out of play (barring the mentioned re-shackle).
Old June 28th, 2009, 05:21 AM

rommel1369 is surprisingly tart

Can Iskra summon the Retchets a second time after they were killed? We played a game earlier and there was some debate over it. My opponent argued that although they were killed they were undead and it did not say you couldn't summon them again on the card. I argued that yes I killed them but that they were considered destroyed so they couldn't possibly re-spawn. As it was we let him respawn guys if he liked (which in the end never happened hehe). But some input from the heroscape guru's would be handy.

Also I noticed some postings a few pages back about the ninja and rolling the D-20 for smoke when 3 skulls are rolled..... Which made me think of Venom/Spiderman's Spidey Sense. From reading the card it sounds like they can still roll the D-20 to try and slip away and if they fail they are dead. Should our spider friends be able to roll the D-20 for spider sense? I'm sure it will be a matter of dispute further down the road so I figure kill 2 with 1 hehe.

Anyways any input would be greatly appreciated. I don't care so much about who's right and wrong I just want to play it properly

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units