Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Classic Scape Or D&D Scape or Custom Scape
Classic 15 78.95%
D&D 1 5.26%
Custom 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 9th, 2014, 11:40 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
D&D units vs. Classic units

So, in terms of competitiveness, general fun, and crazy things, would you rather only have regular, classic Heroscape, or only D&D 'Scape? Or... Would you only have custom Heroscape people.(Includes Marvel, CV3, and CVG, SOV, and HOSS)

I vote classic because, well... Deathreavers and Q9...

What's your vote?

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old November 10th, 2014, 01:11 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: D&D units vs. Classic units

D&D was designed as an extension of classic. Most of the custom work was also made with classic being the foundation, except the supers of course.

You don't have squat if you don't have classic. I didn't vote.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old November 10th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
D&D was designed as an extension of classic. Most of the custom work was also made with classic being the foundation, except the supers of course.

Yeah, DnD is not a separate entity from Classic, as some claim. DnD is integrated into Classic, as noted by the bios from the DnD Master set and scenarios you can find online.

(The guy over at the Heroscape Wikia decided to make crap up about DnD in order to push his false beliefs about DnD, simply because he doesn't like it.)
Old November 10th, 2014, 02:35 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Classic ftw.

Never really cared much for DnD, I don't follow DnD lore or anything at all.

I like playing casual games with custom figures, some are really cool. If I had a bigger collection of customs, I would probably have considered them a bit more. I don't really like the idea of custom figures used in competitive scenes, though.
Old November 12th, 2014, 01:44 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

Other than the non-uniform size on some (looking at you, Moltenclaw!), I really like what D&D added to HS. One of my favs is D&D: Sharwin--my wife! (Seriously, that is ONE letter difference in my wife's name, if you did not recall from when the figure came out. I may get the original D&D paint job as it more accurately fits my wife.) That hero is soooo much fun to play, particularly with height or a defensive boost.
Rhogar, Fen Hydra, Phantom Knights, Eltahale...wow. I love the D&D units WITH Classic. They are all HS to me.
Only ones I have a problem with are Marvelscape. I own it and rarely mix it with HS--they tend to dominate the game.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old November 12th, 2014, 10:40 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow View Post
Other than the non-uniform size on some (looking at you, Moltenclaw!), I really like what D&D added to HS. One of my favs is D&D: Sharwin--my wife! (Seriously, that is ONE letter difference in my wife's name, if you did not recall from when the figure came out. I may get the original D&D paint job as it more accurately fits my wife.) That hero is soooo much fun to play, particularly with height or a defensive boost.
Rhogar, Fen Hydra, Phantom Knights, Eltahale...wow. I love the D&D units WITH Classic. They are all HS to me.
Only ones I have a problem with are Marvelscape. I own it and rarely mix it with HS--they tend to dominate the game.
Yeah, that is wicked fun. Once we first got D&D stuff, Shurrak went beserk and killed (mostly) everything!

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old November 12th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:

I agree with R˙chean, but I also think the D&D waves are woefully underappreciated by the fans. I love me some Cutters, Deathchasers, and Phantom Knights, and it breaks my heart (just a little) that I can't find my beloved Eltahale. There was a lot of good stuff in those waves. Some duds, sure, but there were always some duds.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 12th, 2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:

I agree with R˙chean, but I also think the D&D waves are woefully underappreciated by the fans. I love me some Cutters, Deathchasers, and Phantom Knights, and it breaks my heart (just a little) that I can't find my beloved Eltahale. There was a lot of good stuff in those waves. Some duds, sure, but there were always some duds.
I second that. What about the awesome Greenscales? They make Ullar seem good for once.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old November 12th, 2014, 11:20 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:

I second that. What about the awesome Greenscales? They make Ullar seem good for once.
Hey, now. Jotun Smash.
Spoiler Alert!

edit: I don't think the "Custom" units, by which I suppose you mean the C3V/SoV units, take a back seat to anything. But they don't come with terrain, ideally they could all be rebased, so that's not the best place to start. Which is how I took the question.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 12th, 2014, 11:26 PM

Hulk: Hulk Sm-
Jotun: No! (Punches Hulk) Jotun Smash!
Hulk: No! Hulk smash better than Jotun!
Jotun: Jotun... SMASH!
(Hulk explodes in a firery torrent of flame.)
Jotun: See Hulk, only Jotun smash.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old November 25th, 2014, 01:22 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:

I'm with R˙chean too.

That said, I did vote. Allowing the difference between "Classic" and "D&D," the "Classic" sets offered the greatest variety of terrain and units.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 25th, 2014, 08:28 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

If its been fairly playtested, and balanced and it offers different flavors of heroscape units, I say its all good. We don't tend to mix our marvelscape and c3g figs in with our other ones though. Thats why they are "Superheroes", cause they dominate most regular figures. Oh look, its the bolt of witherwood, nevermind.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units