Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 12th, 2018, 12:41 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
The Book of Nebula

The Book of Nebula

C3G MARVEL WAVE 28
MARVEL COSMIC

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Guardians of the Galaxy set.
Its model number and name are #016 / Nebula.

Character Bio - A brutal space pirate and mercenary, Nebula seized control of Sanctuary II, a massive spaceship previously under the command of Thanos. Thanos was believed to be dead at this point, and Nebula claimed that he had been her grandfather. Over the years, Nebula used her space fleet to attack the Skrull space armada, the Avengers, and even captured the Infinity Gauntlet, but was stopped by Thanos, who made a deal with a loose band of heroes to take her down.

Nebula was later freed from prison by Geatar, and converted into a cyborg by Doctor Mandibus. She attempted to free her pirate crew from the "Anvil" space prison, but was thwarted by the Silver Surfer and Jack of Hearts. She killed her crew in escaping. Recently, Nebula has appeared as one of Gamora's followers, 'The Graces'. In this role, she battled Ronan the Accuser alongside Stellaris. Ronan triumphed, severely wounding her. - Wikipedia

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial Playtest: Arkham (first set)
  • Initial Playtest: Arkham (second set)
  • Second playtest: Ronin
  • Third playtest: Lazy Orang
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by Arkham
  • Nebula was created by writer Roger Stern and artist John Buscema.
  • Comic art by Greg and Tim Hildebrant

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 10:11 PM. Reason: png

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Nebula (Breathing)

NAME = NEBULA

SPECIES = CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = UNYIELDING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 240

THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE
After revealing an Order Marker on any other Army Card you control and only taking a turn with that card, if an opponent's figure was attacked and did not receive any wounds, immediately take a turn with Nebula. During this turn, Nebula can only target figures that were previously targeted for an attack and did not receive any wounds during your player turn. After using this special power, you may not take a turn with any other figures.

VENGEFUL STRIKE
After moving and before attacking, if there is at least one Wound Marker on this card, you may choose a figure adjacent to Nebula and roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each Wound Marker on this card. If you roll 12-18, the chosen figure receives 1 wound. If you roll 19 or higher, the chosen figure receives 2 wounds.

CYBERNETIC REPAIR X
At the end of the round, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card, remove one Wound Marker from each Army Card you control with the Cybernetic Repair X special power.

SUPERSTRENGTH

Last edited by Zettian Juggernaut; April 17th, 2019 at 10:00 AM.

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Figure:

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arkham; February 12th, 2018 at 01:38 PM.
Old February 12th, 2018, 12:51 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I remain very happy with where she's at, from back during brainstorming. I'd rather something like "UNYIELDING" for her personality, though, since her determination is more a vice than a virtue.

I also feel like the names for her powers are a bit too "cute" - the second one, in particular, feels cliche to me. Something I'll mull over.
Old February 12th, 2018, 12:58 PM

Unyielding works for me. I don't mind the power names, but I wouldn't be opposed to changing them depending on what else we can come up with.
Old February 12th, 2018, 01:20 PM

@dok @Soundwarp SG-1 @Dysole @weebaer

Any concerns with the design?
Old February 12th, 2018, 01:51 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I feel she shouldn't get bonus turns off of her own turns at least. Right now she can rocket around at 10 move if she feels like it.

She seems really good with Ms. Marvel, especially if the 'if no wounds were inflicted' bit is only for the OM holder's turn, and not the whole player turn.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 12th, 2018, 01:59 PM

Good point on the potential double turn for herself. We'll need some verbiage to make it only trigger when another figure you control takes a turn.
Old February 12th, 2018, 02:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

A lot of space pirate talk in her bio, should she maybe have synergy with the spacejammers we have On Deck? If we go that route, she could be the 5th figure in that booster.
Old February 12th, 2018, 04:12 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

This is one I was close to wanting to design myself, but could never come up with anything for. Her first two powers get across her personality brilliantly, and I love it. She looks great. Good job! Should be a nice addition to a Guardians team - I'll Show You How It's Done pairs really nicely with Distracting Fire. I like the idea of pairing her with figures who have powers targeting opponents that aren't necessarrily meant to do damage, such as Distracting Fire, Negotiation etc. Looking great!

I'm with johnny on a switch to Unyielding, though. As for Yodaking's suggestion, I wouldn't want to replace anything here, but I could see her as either a Mercenary or a Pirate and neither would bother me.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 12th, 2018, 04:27 PM

Mercenary is a more proper fit to her modern version, which is what this design is focusing on. I also feel Pirate is a likely modern Yondu class, so as usual with the Guardians, we try not to overlap there.

And credit goes to johnny for the powers. I had been pondering something like "I'll show you how its done" in my head for a while, but it was johnny who suggested the wording that made it happen. So kudos to him.
Old February 12th, 2018, 04:51 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Old Nebula (long hair) is definitely a pirate. Leads a crew conquers and steals, all that. After being revived as a cyborg (and baldened, her last remaining crew members are killed and she goes off on her own. She's barely shown up since then, briefly in Annihilation working for Gamora as a grunt, and then in the new Thanos series hired by Thane to help him take Thanos out. So modern Bald Nebula, to me at least, feels more mercenary. Lone wolf style.

And for the powers - honestly, like L_O, I'd been stumped on her forever despite multiple tries. When I saw your rough draft all the pieces came together in my head like magic, I offered some refinements, and here we are... collaboration is a great thing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library