Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old January 5th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: WOTC Online Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
Just wait till you see what's coming
Ooooh, is that what I think it is?

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old January 5th, 2010, 01:36 PM

Jer Woo who?

Quote:
Actually it has Grungebob written all over it too A lot of work went into these from a lot of people. We hope everyone enjoys them as much as we do.
Whoever came up with the idea/mechanic for Neutral characters gets a tip of my hat for a great idea. I wasn't so sure that the "dungeon crawl" motif would be strong enough to hold my gaming groups' attention for more than a few games before we went back to free-for-alls. Particularly since I wasn't sure how the dungeon crawl mechanics would scale up to four or five players. Now I'm having visions of dungeon crawl free-for-alls involving multiple small parties, multiple Neutral figures, giant boards with multiple "rooms", and artifacts to hunt down and race back to the exit with. Nice job on finding some elegant mechanics to extend the game in an interesting way.
Old January 5th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
Quote:
Actually it has Grungebob written all over it too A lot of work went into these from a lot of people. We hope everyone enjoys them as much as we do.
Whoever came up with the idea/mechanic for Neutral characters gets a tip of my hat for a great idea. I wasn't so sure that the "dungeon crawl" motif would be strong enough to hold my gaming groups' attention for more than a few games before we went back to free-for-alls. Particularly since I wasn't sure how the dungeon crawl mechanics would scale up to four or five players. Now I'm having visions of dungeon crawl free-for-alls involving multiple small parties, multiple Neutral figures, giant boards with multiple "rooms", and artifacts to hunt down and race back to the exit with. Nice job on finding some elegant mechanics to extend the game in an interesting way.
Haha! Just you wait my friend!! Hahahaha!! I think we got something you will enjoy.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 5th, 2010, 11:15 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Neutral figures! Fun stuff!

Say, how does WotC create those nifty build instructions anyway? You got some special mapmaking program over there you're not sharing? Huh? HUH?!
Old January 5th, 2010, 11:18 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

This answers the question of what to do after you go through the first campaign. Great, great stuff. And it shows what can be done with just what's in the box!
Old January 5th, 2010, 01:40 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

These look awesome...thanks to all those behind these great ideas. Can't wait to see what else the braintrust comes up with!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old January 5th, 2010, 03:41 PM

someguy has disabled reputation

When I try to open it, I get a "format error: not a pdf or corrupted."

Edited: this is referring to the prequel posted here on heroscapers. Is the error on my computer or is it a bad file?

Last edited by someguy; January 5th, 2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Clarity, man, clarity!
Old January 5th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

All these scenarios look great!

To be honest, I really didn't think I'd be getting much play out of the master set dungeon, but with the addition of the prequil scenario and the alternate rooms I forsee much more playtime that I had anticipated.

Stupid question: In the Crazy Troll scenario, does the opposing player decide whether or not to take the troll's leaving engagement attacks or does it just always (or I suppose never . . . ) take them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Well, I was thinking you picked Theracus and Cyprien, and a bunch of squads. That way either of them could make it out quickly.

But I didn't notice that you don't know who the marked hero is! So that's better.
You could still do that though, just have Theracus cary the second hero to the exit so they both leave at the same time.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Last edited by Xn F M; January 5th, 2010 at 03:53 PM. Reason: added response to LP, and capitalization
Old January 5th, 2010, 04:13 PM

DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Well, I was thinking you picked Theracus and Cyprien, and a bunch of squads. That way either of them could make it out quickly.

But I didn't notice that you don't know who the marked hero is! So that's better.
You could still do that though, just have Theracus cary the second hero to the exit so they both leave at the same time.
The hero is chosen at random. So that army build is still valid for a fast exit strategy.
Old January 5th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:

The hero is chosen at random. So that army build is still valid for a fast exit strategy.
I don't think Theracus could carry the second figure out. As soon as Theracus was on the exit hexes, then he would be removed from the board and you place the carried figure next to Theracus after the move, but since he is gone, you can't place a figure next to him. Remember carry doesn't really mean the "carry" the figure -- it works more like a move then summon mechanically.

Of course if I saw an opponent in this scenario (i.e., Theracus + another hero + squads), it would be easy to see the stategy. I think I would counter with moving a squad(s) onto the exits. Maybe move the knights and Allistar or Sir Gilbert to fill the 5 exit hexes (you can cover all 5 exit hexes with either of these combos in one turn or two turns). At least now you would have to fight to leave.

If you don't like knights (but who doesn't), you could do the same with orcs (heavy + Tornack or Grimnak or Nerak would cover 6 spaces), Marrden Hounds or Deathstalkers or either of the cavalry squads would work at covering all the exits with just one squad. I'm sure there are others that would work too.

Last edited by Retlaw; January 5th, 2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old January 5th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
I don't think Theracus could carry the second figure out. As soon as Theracus was on the exit hexes, then he would be removed from the board . . . .
I had just assumed that movement-related abilities would have time to trigger before you exit, but after re-reading the scenario you're completely right. Still, you could move Theracus out on the next turn (though he would be increadable vulnerable.)

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old January 5th, 2010, 04:39 PM

InfraredFog knows what's in an order marker InfraredFog knows what's in an order marker

Wow, this does look super exciting. Ordered one set today and looking forward to playing it when it gets shipped. Awesome job opening up some new rules that can keep things spiced up!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News