Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs
Official Rules and FAQs Compilation and discussion of AotP Rules and Frequently Asked Questions.

Old September 10th, 2015, 12:59 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: AotP Question Dump

Right. If you control it, only your opponents' creatures could roll leaving engagement attacks against it. And those are optional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 10th, 2015, 06:19 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Right. If you control it, only your opponents' creatures could roll leaving engagement attacks against it. And those are optional.
With Jace's it does word it 'You control that planeswalker'

With Mind Control it's worded 'You may move and attack with Target Squad Creature an opponent controls'
I believe with Mind Control at least they would have to disengage from MY units.

With Jace's ability you may be correct
Old September 12th, 2015, 11:12 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The disengagement issue came up with Marcu.
Since you control it for that moment, your figures cannot attack it with leaving engagement attacks and leaving engagement attacks are voluntary so the original controller now enemy may choose not to attack also

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old September 19th, 2015, 04:24 AM

starman54 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I may have posted this in the wrong place - I can't see how to delete it from the Official Rules and Faq section.
It probably should be posted here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starman54 View Post
Spells and end of Turn.

It looks like they developed the spell cards before they decided that instead of having each player have a "round" per game turn, they would have each player end a game turn and advance the Turn marker.

or some similar mess up in development.

This is why the Spells with end of turn conditions often don't make sense e.g. Inspired Charge , the defence bonus is useless. However if the same spells last until the begining of your next turn and are then discarded to the graveyard they all seem to work.

So I propose on spell cards the End of Turn condition ,means they last from when played or revealed(hidden enchantments) to the start of your next turn.

The first action of each Turn should be to discard to your graveyard any spells that last until the end of your turn.

Hopefully someone can take this up with the designer.
Old September 19th, 2015, 04:36 AM

starman54 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Cool Re: AotP Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtato View Post
I picked up a copy of this yesterday, after having read through the rules, I thought I had a pretty solid understanding. When I got to looking through the cards, I noticed that the Squads all have life totals of more than 1. How does one keep track of life totals per figure represented on the appropriate army card? Is there anything in the rulebook I may have missed that addresses this?
Each figure is a unique sculpt so you could put them on their outline figure.

Serioulsy though , put them on the figures base.
Old September 19th, 2015, 01:44 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by starman54 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtato View Post
I picked up a copy of this yesterday, after having read through the rules, I thought I had a pretty solid understanding. When I got to looking through the cards, I noticed that the Squads all have life totals of more than 1. How does one keep track of life totals per figure represented on the appropriate army card? Is there anything in the rulebook I may have missed that addresses this?
Each figure is a unique sculpt so you could put them on their outline figure.

Serioulsy though , put them on the figures base.
You're supposed to put the wound markers on the figure's base.
Old September 20th, 2015, 08:42 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

This may be the perfect opportunity for me to use some of my 5mm D6s I got at dragon con a couple years ago! It was $3 for 175 of them.

Scale Comparison:
Old September 20th, 2015, 09:39 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great deal that was

I'm thinking since we're already putting wound markers, would there be room for +1/+1 counters?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old October 5th, 2015, 12:23 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Questions on two green spell cards:

Titanic Growth:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Played and had a question. Does the "within 6 spaces..." have to be counted when you played the card, at the beginning of the turn of the creature, when you attacking, or at all times?
  • If I am more than 6 spaces away from of the Planswalker away and I play the card before move, and then move to within 6 spaces of the Planswalker, do I get the bonus?
  • If I am within 6 spaces away of the Planswalker and I play the card before move, and then move to more than 6 spaces away from the Planswalker, do I get the bonus?
I am assuming the second question is true because of the "until end of turn" but there is nothing in the wording that says one way or the other when it triggers. If no on the first, it would have been nice if the card said "Before moving..." or "After selecting a creature..."
Leaf Arrow:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Played and had a questions. Basically is the second part of the power contingent on the first? It is not clear, as the wording makes me think the enchantment is actually two different powers, but not sure how to interpret.
  • Enchanted Planeswalker gets +1 attack as long as it is unengaged.
  • Before enchanted Planeswalker attacks, you may destroy Leaf Arrow. If you do, Enchanted Planeswalker gets +2 attack until end of turn.
If I am unengaged and I choose to destroy Leaf Arrow, do I get +2 or +3. I.E. do the powers stack or is it just one or the other?
If I am engaged, can I still destroy and get the +2 attack?

Last edited by lefton4ya; October 5th, 2015 at 01:05 PM.
Old October 5th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

My Takes:
Leaf Arrow
You can enchant your PW with Leaf Arrow and receive an ongoing +1 to ranged attacks.

On any turn after your PW has been enchanted with Leaf Arrow, you may choose to "destroy" (discard) it and gain a 1 time +2 attack.

The powers are separate and do not stack.

Titanic Growth
I interpret it as:

1. When the caster casts the figure has to be within 6 CSS
and
2. when the figure is attacking, it has to be within 6 CSS of the caster

So I would think both criteria have to be met.
Old October 5th, 2015, 01:14 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Ok, I see how Leaf Arrow works, thanks Cav and the others who responed a few posts back to gamjuven (didn't see his question earlier). The "Before enchanted Planeswalker attacks, you may destroy Leaf Arrow. If you do..." means since you destroyed the enchantment, you no longer get the first part, but that also means you get the second part regardless of the contingency on the enhancement. I guess you magic players have the element of experience in those cards.

I still don't necessarily agree on @Cavalier interpretation of Titanic Growth, especially on the second part of "when the figure is attacking, it has to be within 6 CSS of the caster" as the card specifically says "until end of turn" but I would like some more opinions. Maybe i or someone can ask Hasbro.

Also noticed Inspired Charge basically has the same question.
Old October 5th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yep, I think it just needs to be within 6 spaces when the spell is cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs