Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 16th, 2022, 11:20 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Another of @dok 's creations. I suspect that, sadly, the Melter has consumed the machine gun penguin, which is devoured and dissolved somewhere within the living furnace.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 16th, 2022, 11:43 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm pretty sure that they saw us talking about the filenames and now someone (possibly Encarmine himself) is just trolling us. The last filename had a bunch of random characters on the end.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 16th, 2022, 12:30 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The Melter Deathforge...

...must be balanced against other Scape...

..so its probably scared of Kyntela Gwyn...

...(or someone).

Last edited by chas; August 16th, 2022 at 01:26 PM.
Old August 16th, 2022, 01:01 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Wow! Those things look crazy! And I saw a squad!!

C3V went for Valkrill Soulborgs by having three large flamethrowing robots. NewScape melted them all together and put them on tank treads!!!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 16th, 2022, 03:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
I made a flippant comment in the Discord about being really interested to see how a handful of Roman archers are going to be able to stop this new Technodome (today's reveal). While I made the comment in jest, I am a little concerned about some of the new things being full on sci fi war machines. I could believe that knights with swords and bow and arrows can stop robots but when you have literal death machines with metal tentacles rolling across the battlefield, it starts to stretch believability a little too far for me.

Yes I know it's heroscape and believability was always second to fun. I'm glad that's how it is! You always had to check believability at the door when you saw archers taking on machine gun wielding robots. However, while I could believe that a group of Roman's could gain up and overwhelm a robot, I'm not sure I can believe they can overwhelm a tank with sticks and sharp metal objects. I do hope the designers maintain a little discipline in creating something that seems world breaking in the Heroscape universe.

I still want to believe that historical units have a place in Heroscape 2.0.

We were just having this discussion a few days back. It was revealed to me that the lore does state that after the generals summon units to fight for them, they upgraded their preferred weapons with either technology or magic. So some of the pistols, still look like pistols, but fire lasers instead of bullets. Basic Swords and Arrows are turned into magical weapons. The units are summoned for their fighting techniques and skill, rather than their specific weapon profiles. Helped me to have it all make sense in my head.
Old August 16th, 2022, 03:48 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
We were just having this discussion a few days back. It was revealed to me that the lore does state that after the generals summon units to fight for them, they upgraded their preferred weapons with either technology or magic. So some of the pistols, still look like pistols, but fire lasers instead of bullets. Basic Swords and Arrows are turned into magical weapons. The units are summoned for their fighting techniques and skill, rather than their specific weapon profiles. Helped me to have it all make sense in my head.
I would love to see the original source for this--I'd like to pin it down for my custom philosophy (which includes the idea that there seems to be a mystical "balancing" effect that happens to creatures when they're transported to Valhalla).

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 16th, 2022, 04:13 PM

Swarm knows what's in an order marker Swarm knows what's in an order marker Swarm knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
I made a flippant comment in the Discord about being really interested to see how a handful of Roman archers are going to be able to stop this new Technodome (today's reveal). While I made the comment in jest, I am a little concerned about some of the new things being full on sci fi war machines. I could believe that knights with swords and bow and arrows can stop robots but when you have literal death machines with metal tentacles rolling across the battlefield, it starts to stretch believability a little too far for me.

Yes I know it's heroscape and believability was always second to fun. I'm glad that's how it is! You always had to check believability at the door when you saw archers taking on machine gun wielding robots. However, while I could believe that a group of Roman's could gain up and overwhelm a robot, I'm not sure I can believe they can overwhelm a tank with sticks and sharp metal objects. I do hope the designers maintain a little discipline in creating something that seems world breaking in the Heroscape universe.

I still want to believe that historical units have a place in Heroscape 2.0.
Well tbh, this was already the case with classical heroscape as you said. A poor wooden stick threw by a grut could end a giant mech like D9K or Q9. The new faction does suit our current heroscape AFAIK. This was -and is- the beauty of the game, the potential for "suitability" between themes is virtually limitless.

For historical units, Craig confirmed they're still in, so I wouldn't be too scared
Old August 16th, 2022, 04:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
I would love to see the original source for this--I'd like to pin it down for my custom philosophy (which includes the idea that there seems to be a mystical "balancing" effect that happens to creatures when they're transported to Valhalla).

I'll ask those who seemed to know.
Old August 16th, 2022, 04:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Okay, so I'm being told that some of the bios reference getting gifts from their generals and that Drake's sword is magical. So no one place where it spells it out, but it's suggested several times in different bios that units get an upgrade. Also that the Valkyrie have magical blacksmiths and enchanters is somewhere in the lore.
Old August 16th, 2022, 05:00 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Okay, so I'm being told that some of the bios reference getting gifts from their generals and that Drake's sword is magical. So no one place where it spells it out, but it's suggested several times in different bios that units get an upgrade. Also that the Valkyrie have magical blacksmiths and enchanters is somewhere in the lore.
Pulled from Agent Carr's bio:

"He usually carries a gun and a long sword, both gifts from Vydar, his Valkyrie General."

If Vydar is giving out gifts, that still appear normal to us, and that Carr is trained with, it's not too big of a stretch to believe that Romans or Knights have also been gifted with the weapons and armour that they are trained with, verses everyone being automatically handed a laser gun as soon as they land in Valhalla.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old August 16th, 2022, 06:31 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarm View Post

For historical units, Craig confirmed they're still in, so I wouldn't be too scared

Still waiting for the preview....

Thus far it looks like more of an emphasis on Steampunk-Type scifi/futuristic.

I am a little worried everyone has been on Valhalla too long and technology creep got in there, rendering all the old weapons obsolete.... Most everyone looks to have oversized Monster Hunter Melee Weapons or lasers and flamethrowers. A drizzle of fantasy with Sonlen, Threetails and Root-Man, but there have been no historical units thus far!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 16th, 2022, 06:39 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I definitely echo those hoping for historical units. Part of HS's identity is being able to play pretty much anything you can think of from the real world or fantasy, and theres a plethora of historical figures that would slot so naturally into the game.

That being said, a lot of this concept art does look amazing so I am all in for the original stuff too. Since Craig says historical is in, it looks like things are shaping up nicely.

I am very much hoping we still have classic cards though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion