Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old October 16th, 2015, 02:05 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V Human Resources Department

I think this project is a great idea & I heartily endorse it. If the units are, in fact, comparable, I'd be glad to House Rule that the minis so identified are acceptable at my tournaments.

There is a reason, of course, that we announce our minis early, but (1) many people don't want to buy the mini without knowing what it'll be, (2) some people are getting involved late, and (3) I understand that we announce them waaaay in advance. So there is a need for what you're proposing here.

Thanks for starting this up, @lefton4ya ! As far as I'm concerned, you don't need anything from us. The Books are fan-made and fan-maintained. Go for it!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 16th, 2015, 03:13 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

If you need an alternate figure, buy one. I've done it a few times.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 16th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Alternate figures should be agreed upon miniatures, and although you might not be able to get one that looks that similar, it should be relatively the same size. For example, for the nearly impossible to obtain MechWarrior miniatures, some Star Wars miniatures might suffice even though they will look nothing alike, you can find miniatures the same height and relative profile. You could have discussions on a thread or threads, and have voting either public or by sanctum members similar to normal C3V/SoV process. Once agreed upon, the books should mention both miniatures and alternate cards will need to be published, and then tournament directors that allow C3V/VC would allow these alternate figures. I have went through every miniature and compiled a list of where to find each in my Heroscape C3V & SoV Spreadsheet, and have found the below list of figures unreasonably hard to obtain, for which we desperately NEED alternate figures for:
This is a great idea. The question is how far are you willing to go? Does the card need to match the Mini? I have the Wrong Quahon Dragon, and wrong Cultists but I never bothered with recreating the cards. I have a different Zogross, Zaeus, Asterios, Ulfrid and Death Commander all with different minis on the card. All my alternate sculpts match the theme of the unit.

More over my Shieldsmiths, Troopers and Dreadguls all include sculpts that match the theme but are not official to allow for multiple commons. It would take a good eye to spot them.

Others may use un-painted repaints (Axegrinders for Sheildsmiths, Dividers for Havech, etc.)

I would be happy to share my recreated cards, however they are not really up to the quality of the C3V, but they are good enough for me.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 19th, 2015, 12:40 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@Dad_Scaper & @wriggz thanks for the vote of confidence. I will make a thread for this idea later in the week if no one else does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
This is a great idea. The question is how far are you willing to go? Does the card need to match the Mini? I have the Wrong Quahon Dragon, and wrong Cultists but I never bothered with recreating the cards. I have a different Zogross, Zaeus, Asterios, Ulfrid and Death Commander all with different minis on the card. All my alternate sculpts match the theme of the unit.

More over my Shieldsmiths, Troopers and Dreadguls all include sculpts that match the theme but are not official to allow for multiple commons. It would take a good eye to spot them.

Others may use un-painted repaints (Axegrinders for Sheildsmiths, Dividers for Havech, etc.)

I would be happy to share my recreated cards, however they are not really up to the quality of the C3V, but they are good enough for me.
If you have used alternate minis, I would love to see which ones you used. If you made alternate cards, I would even like to see them, although I would hope maybe whoever does the C3V cards will post an eventual alternative cards for whatever we agree upon.
Old October 19th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

@lefton4ya you crested the tread I'll post the cards.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs