Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 8th, 2018, 09:55 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Easiest SWAG contest ever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyphot View Post
As in many ciphers, each number represented a letter and the dashes connected the letters in a word. I started off (which by the way was super fun for me so I guess I'm a nerd) by building an Excel file (mostly using VLOOKUP) which let me plug in letters... Say if I thought 1 = A, then it would automagically replace all the 1s with As.

Then I noticed that the word 6-16-3 appeared twice. THE was a logical guess for that word. Once I had that, other words started to fall into place. If that hadn't been correct, I probably would have counted number frequency to try to guess letters based on that (E being the most common, etc.). Thankfully THE was correct, and the rest was Kaemon Awa dominating the end game, as usual.
Ah, I see! I figured that the numbers were representing letters, but I forgot to check for any three-letter words to see if "the" could line up. I focused on the extra numbers provided in the second post for a little bit to try and see the connection, but by the time that I came back around to it, the puzzle was already solved. Congratulations!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games