Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 18th, 2011, 07:31 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Member of the week

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
I've probably spent more time reading comic books not produced by Marvel or DC... TinTin, Asterix, Judge Dredd, Shi, Image stuff; Gen 13, WitchBlade... That's the stuff I grew up reading.

No wonder I'm twisted...
This explains ALOT!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
Question (apologies if this derails the thread, but I'm curious): How often do the Marvel and DC universes intersect? I asked Spidey about an issue I saw a long time ago (in a galaxy.. wait, wrong movie) where Superman battled Spiderman.
Yes, Spidey met Supes in a crossover back in the 70's I think.

Then there was the DC / Marvel battle that let to the Amalgam comics in the early 90's (I think).

But the strangest "crossover" ever involved the Crusaders! (late 70's maybe?). It was cool because it was not really a crossover but a nod to each other. In the Marvel Invaders series, the classic WWII Marvel gang ran into another super group called the Crusaders who were patterned after the DC WWII retcon superhero team known as the Freedom Fighters (In fact, the Marvel version of Uncle Sam actually stepped in as Captain America for a brief time after the war... according to a "What if..." comic). Meanwhile, in DC's Freedom Fighters series, they ran into a group also known as the Crusaders who were spitting images of the Marvel Invaders. It was all kind of cool. I had the issues as a kid and then repurchased them a few years ago as an adult because my brother and I were talking about the good ol days and I just had to relive them... right after he and I rediscovered fire and reinvented the wheel... yeah, Helm is old.
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:30 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Ok, history lesson time! Most of DCs characters have been around for two-three times as long as the big Marvel characters. For instance, Superman was created in 1938 and Batman in 1939, whereas Spider-Man was creatred in 1962. Times were different in the 40's and 50's. What amazes me is the obvious genius of Superman, Batman, and to a lesser extent, Wonder Woman. Here you have three characters developed using three VERY different mythos, as Johnny pointed out. However, all three have stood the test of time. Way before Marvel ever thought of making a movie they had 2 trilogies and a several TV shows. Not bad. Plus they have taken these iconic characters that were larger than life (thats what comics started as, a kids thing, for suspension of disbelief and use of the imagination) they took that and gave them feelings, emotions, struggles, issues and made people care about them in a whole different way. Name a single Marvel Death as big a deal as that of Barry Allen, Superman, or even Jason Todd. Its only in recent time, with most writers bouncing back and forth between Marvel, DC, and their own Indy stuff that Marvel has killed someone we cared about, Cap (but not really killed.) I agree that Stan Lee and Marvel showed us that "superheroes" could and should have issues like normal people, but DC took the big three and humanized them. Think about it. On an almost weekly basis, someone picks up a story about a man so rich he can create anything he wants and then keep the idea for himself, the same man never gets picked on by anyone because he is the best trained martial artist in the world, not to mention he is above the law; or about an alien who is lucky enough to look no different than us however he can do anything we may have dreamed of as kids: defy gravity, run faster than any olympic athlete, lift anything he wants, shrug off bullets, see through things, and he gets the girl he always wanted; or a warrior who is formed from clay and given life by Greek Gods and placed in a society of warrior women where she grows up to be the strongest, bravest, most attractive, most righteous and judicious member of their society. They write stories about people like this and yet we as the consumers can relate to the things that happen to them occasionally. That we can relate to a Super-Billionaire, Alien, or Greek goddess at all is amazing. I think that is a true sign of just how good DC comics is.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Name a single Marvel Death as big a deal as that of Barry Allen, Superman, or even Jason Todd.
Gwen Stacy?

(She's #1 for me, at least.)
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's a nice counterpoint since after DC lamely brought Barry and Jason back, she's now the only big name death for either comic that has stayed dead! (Though I wouldn't be shocked if her big screen appearance next summer triggers a change to that).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old August 19th, 2011, 12:07 AM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

With the one exception of a "What if..." issue, Stacy is the only comic character I can think of that has stayed dead. Honestly though, for me the biggest one was Superman. I've also come across some crossover issues that were before the Amalgam, but in my mind the best crossover was an Amalgam fight between Lobo and Wolverine.
Old August 19th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I liked the Batman/Cap fight.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old August 19th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I like Quicksilver/Flash.

Old August 19th, 2011, 12:30 AM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I liked the Batman/Cap fight.
That one doesn't suprise me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I like Quicksilver/Flash.
Honestly, that one was lack luster. They raced each other, caused a semi to wreck, then (If I remember right) after Flash helped the driver out, Quicksilver knocked him out. I would of liked to see what would of happened if the semi hadn't wrecked. Also the Spider-Man/Superboy fight was pretty good.
Old August 19th, 2011, 08:17 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Name a single Marvel Death as big a deal as that of Barry Allen, Superman, or even Jason Todd.
Gwen Stacy?

(She's #1 for me, at least.)
Who's that?

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 19th, 2011, 11:11 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Captain Mar-vell has stayed dead...

I'd admit that Batman, Dick Grayson, Joker, and several other character from Gotham are among the most compelling characters ever... but it's like the National Title this year. Sure, Miami had Wade and James, but the Mavs were as a whole better and consistently more interesting to watch (imho).

That's not to take anything away from the superstars, however (from DC or the Heat )

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old August 19th, 2011, 11:20 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Who's Miami??? Some of us remember the first time the Bulls threepeated. Heck, some of us even remember the Lakers/Celtics rivalry of Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy