Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 9th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
What Got You Into C3G?

Hey guys!

I'm on a bit of a fact-finding mission here for reasons I'm not currently at liberty to discuss. Suffice to say, I definitely appreciate any participation in this thread and your contributions to science!

Basically I'd love to know the following:

What got you into C3G? Was it a specific release we did? A Master Set? A wave? An SSE? If you can recall the exact set that got you hooked, that would be awesome. Or was it not a release at all but the general body of work? Was it a friend? Was it a front page announcement (if so, do you recall what it was about?)? Was it something entirely different?

Let us know!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 9th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: What Got You Into C3G?

Epic Battles with Anti-Monitor got me in, and releasing other well-known figures such as Batman.

Creating SLH kept me around to play C3G.

Last edited by MegaSilver; January 9th, 2014 at 11:53 AM. Reason: I think I know what this is for! :p
Old January 9th, 2014, 11:54 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Do you recall any specific release that directly led to your participation in the project?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 9th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Do you recall any specific release that directly led to your participation in the project?
I think I got interested in between releases. I don't remember a specific release.
Old January 9th, 2014, 12:07 PM

OK. Thanks for the info!

Oh, one more quick one, was the amount of stuff that we'd previously released a good selling point or something you found overwhelming and thus made you more reluctant to join?

Old January 9th, 2014, 12:14 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I don't remember how I became aware of C3G (probably through C3V, by hearing it was like an ancestor to that project). It was quite a while before I took much interest in the project, as I like superheroes but am not really a comic-book guy (also, the book of index is intimidatingly huge!). I can't remember what prompted me to get some figures and print some cards, but I chose characters that I recognized or that had cool-sounding names (not sure how else I would have picked Huntress, for example) and had cheap 'clix. Between a buddy giving me a bunch of his extra/old 'clix for free and a bunch of stocking stuffers from my parents, I have a pretty decent collection of C3G heroes. I have almost no squads though.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of this is helpful for your science project.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 9th, 2014, 12:17 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Oh, one more quick one, was the amount of stuff that we'd previously released a good selling point or something you found overwhelming and thus made you more reluctant to join?
For me it was neither. Although I did initially feel overwhelmed by all the options and that probably did slow me in gaining interest. I'm not a completist, though. For instance, I'm skeptical I'll ever have all of the Hasbro pieces (or all of the C3V pieces), and that doesn't bother me at all.

SLH also helped my interest as well, since I could play any army combo whether I had the figures or not. It also provided opponents. My local guys like to play with Supers, but we also like to play Classic and we don't get together that often.

--
--
--

--
Old January 9th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I remember when World's Finest first showed up on the Front Page, and I remember thinking the designs were all so cool, but at the time it didn't catch me. At a couple different points ZJ and I tried out some games with our younger siblings, but we were having trouble keeping track of all the new powers. Then, awhile later, Wave Six: Avengers Arrive! was released shortly before our younger sister's birthday, and since she was such a fan of the Avengers we bought up a couple of the HeroClix figures, and played a game on her birthday. We had a lot of fun with it, but then most of us didn't play again for awhile; except ZJ, who kept playing more and started getting active in the community. And so, with ZJ and then TB both getting so involved in the project, I naturally got lured over too.

As to your questions, Wave Six was sort of what got me hooked. Also, it really wasn't the amount of units but actually the complexity of the units that I found overwhelming; now that I've been playing C3G I love some of that same complexity, but back in the beginning it seemed impossible to keep track of everything.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 9th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

I did notice the Front Page announcements for the original Master Set, plus the Front Page announcements for Rise of the Mutants and Shadow of the Bat.

I had delayed getting into it, because I didn't think I'd ever get the figures. I then came up with an idea to use wooden discs to create 2D proxies, which I would use on a square grid battlefield. A square grid seemed more natural to me for a city environment than a hex grid (still does, actually).

One day, I just wandered to Troll and Toad and slapped figures into the shopping cart in order to see what it would cost. The cost was much cheaper than I had paid to get my usual classic Heroscape wave order, so I took the plunge.

I can tell the date I downloaded the original files, because I see the time stamp on the files: June 20, 2010.

First full battle that wasn't a test battle was when I played the C3G/Helmaverse Smackdown. That was August 22, 2010. So I had placed the clix order between June and August.
Old January 9th, 2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
As to your questions, Wave Six was sort of what got me hooked. Also, it really wasn't the amount of units but actually the complexity of the units that I found overwhelming; now that I've been playing C3G I love some of that same complexity, but back in the beginning it seemed impossible to keep track of everything.
One of my buddies watched me play some of an SLH game with dok. Of course, dok tends to play crazy complex power-combos and my friend was totally lost and couldn't follow what was happening (he's one of the best players I know, in person, in Classic 'Scape and a sharp guy).

--
--
--

--
Old January 9th, 2014, 12:32 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

They quit making Heroscape and I have to scratch the itch somehow.

I aim to spend the same amount on Heroclix for C3G as I would have on scape, which was $13 for 5-6 figures. If I can get a bunch of figures for $0.25 each then I'll buy an expensive mini too and let it average out. C3G is probably cheaper because there are less common figures.
Old January 9th, 2014, 12:33 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I had never heard of heroscape before I found C3G. when my son began to be interested in superheroes and games I couldn't find a game that was both simple enough for him to play but deep enough for me to enjoy for a long time. So I tried to create something simple that I could expand on later and began google searching everything. ... Long story short I found the book of index and was amazed at all the characters from multiple publishers and was intrigued.

I believe it was around one of the waves and I was a little overwhelmed at first. Not long after there was a smaller release and I remember that being more enjoyable. Partly because I didn't have comic books as a kid so a lot of the characters I didn't know and the smaller releases were nice as there would be a few I didn't know and I would rush to learn about them.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy