Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 16th, 2014, 03:35 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

Whenever there is an event for this game at a (F)LGS, show up with your Heroscape stuff and pretend that you don't know the difference and insist on playing against MtGscape players, and play with Order Markers and your 500 point Heroscape army. Just setup your army on one of the maps and wait.

Say things like, "Oh cool, new Heroscape!" and, "Time to roll for initiative!" .

When you get kicked out yell, "Listen to me Hatcher, you gotta tell them! Magic The Gathering The Strategy Board game is Heroscape. We've gotta stop them, somehow!"

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old November 16th, 2014, 04:12 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Whenever there is an event for this game at a (F)LGS, show up with your Heroscape stuff and pretend that you don't know the difference and insist on playing against MtGscape players, and play with Order Markers and your 500 point Heroscape army. Just setup your army on one of the maps and wait.

Say things like, "Oh cool, new Heroscape!" and, "Time to roll for initiative!" .

When you get kicked out yell, "Listen to me Hatcher, you gotta tell them! Magic The Gathering The Strategy Board game is Heroscape. We've gotta stop them, somehow!"

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old November 22nd, 2014, 07:37 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

Somewhat excited. Hopefully, the new terrain mats will fit under existing large tiles, which is probably the best use for them. While the unpainted figures won't mesh all that well, I think some of them, like the translucent red Phoenixes and the green Treants would look okay in their unpainted forms.

Still, we'll have to make custom cards for them. Even if the rules were 100% percent compatible, I demand hex-shaped cards.
Old November 22nd, 2014, 09:33 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinekng View Post
While the unpainted figures won't mesh all that well, I think some of them, like the translucent red Phoenixes and the green Treants would look okay in their unpainted forms.
I completely agree with this.

This entire idea behind this magic game of some powerful figure summoning warriors to fight for them reminds of another game as well...

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 22nd, 2014 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Just can't remember the name of that game. :)
Old November 23rd, 2014, 11:37 PM

jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby!

Exciting. Haven't played much scape lately but all the hubbub has me dusting it off. Looking forward to seeing more details!
Old November 24th, 2014, 11:41 PM

Ivellius knows what's in an order marker Ivellius knows what's in an order marker

Hey, I'm late to thread. What did I miss while I've been away?

More seriously, one of my friends told me they were making this game a few months ago and I said, "That seems like the most pointless thing ever." A few weeks ago I found people talking about it and realized that Heroscape was effectively getting a new edition and immediately told my wife.

Love seeing all of these "old-timers" in the thread here, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post

Say things like, "Oh cool, new Heroscape!" and, "Time to roll for initiative!"
This would be hilarious to do. Though I'm pretty sure I've seen a 20-sider in that game, so rolling for initiative might be a thing.
Old December 4th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

At least one thing I'm taking from this game's reveal is the term "reserve". I've already incorporated it into my customs tinkering.

Reserve: When something is in your game, but not on the battlefield. Airborne and Retchets start the game in reserve.

This opens the mechanics of placing figures, objects, and glyphs into and out of reserve.
* Figure example: You're dealing with Mercenaries that have a cost and if that cost isn't paid, they are put in reserve. There they will sit until they are "repurchased" as explained in their mercenary themed special power. Perhaps there will be powers that allow an opponent to "buy" your mercenaries if they enter reserve.
* Object example: Engineer figure that builds walls. Or Green Lanterns. The walls and constructs and turrets start in reserve.
* Glyph example: Some figures progressively get better so they start the game with multiple glyphs in reserve and at some point choose a glyph from reserve to place on their Army Card. - Or some Event Hero starts the game with a slew of doom inspired permanent glyphs that start the game in reserve but are placed on the battlefield over time, making it ever more treacherous for the heroes.

All the above I'm working on in my own customs.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old December 4th, 2014, 05:13 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

I'm loving the sound of this, and can't wait to get my hands on some of it!!! Does any one know when it officially comes out?

H E R O S C A P E
Old December 4th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

They are shooting for GenCon '15. Here's hoping!
Old December 4th, 2014, 08:58 PM

jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby!

Did that interview with Tom Vasel ever get posted?
Old December 6th, 2014, 01:55 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
They are shooting for GenCon '15. Here's hoping!
Here's hoping Craig can convince WOTC to make the rules fully compatible with HS.

Granted, it seems like it'll be easy to convert characters back and forth either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old December 6th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The spells don't seem to have a cost; I hope they are balanced in some way other than overall deck composition power - as in noncustomizable.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion