Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old April 11th, 2023, 11:21 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Ebon Armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Heck, I’d use those for the Ebon Armor unpainted.
In this case, that's actually a viable strategy. The paint job would be really easy too, because the ebon armor are metalic to begin with. Just a bit of transparent teal and blue, with a thinned dark wash, and you've essentially got the same look.
Old April 12th, 2023, 03:40 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the pictures we're seeing do have a dark wash applied to the metal.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 12th, 2023, 04:15 PM

Temple of the West is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
I'm pretty sure the pictures we're seeing do have a dark wash applied to the metal.
They absolutely do. I use Citadel Nuln Oil on all raw metal sculpts before I photograph them to show off the details. Metal sculpts on their own photograph horribly. I spend all of a minute or 2 putting the wash on each one though, so it's incredibly easy to do if someone wants to replicate that.

Be sure to Follow us on Facebook and Instagram!

https://www.templewest.co/
Old April 12th, 2023, 06:11 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple of the West View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
They absolutely do. I use Citadel Nuln Oil on all raw metal sculpts before I photograph them to show off the details. Metal sculpts on their own photograph horribly. I spend all of a minute or 2 putting the wash on each one though, so it's incredibly easy to do if someone wants to replicate that.
Good point caps, and thank you for confirming, Temple of the West. I may be a novice painter (at best) but a wash is something I (and many others) can do.
Old March 2nd, 2024, 12:02 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Someone suggested using Ebon Armor with Human Rogues. Playtesting my custom Rogue hero, Ravenwolf on March 13th's Gang gathering. The scenario limits armies to 12 spaces. We generally play two so, in at least one of the games, I'll be fielding:

135 Ravenwolf
130 Locksley
125 Ebon Armor
70 Arthur of Sherwood
70 Nottingham Brigand x 2
60 Deadeye Dan
10 Isamu
600 points, 12 spaces

P.S.: Or

135 Ravenwolf
125 Ebon Armor
110 Tomoe Gozen
105 Millerson
100 Kozuke Samurai
35 Nottingham Brigand
600 points, 12 spaces

This just shows how difficult this is.

Last edited by kolakoski; March 2nd, 2024 at 04:31 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs