Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 8th, 2021, 07:14 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Workshop

Here's a writeup for one of my favorite random mercenaries, Constrictor!
I think he could be pretty nasty in the right circumstances.
Quote:

NAME = CONSTRICTOR
SECRET IDENTITY = FRANK PAYNE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = CONFLICTED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 160

VIBRANIUM COILS
When Constrictor attacks, figures without the Vibranium Armor special power subtract 1 defense die and he may attack one additional time.

ELECTRIC COIL CRUSH
When attacking a small, medium, or large figure, if Constrictor inflicts at least 2 wounds, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, the defending figure receives 2 more wounds and you may remove an Order Marker at random from that figure's card unless that figure has the Electrically Charged special power. Whenever a special power on an Army Card or glyph refers to the Electrically Charged special power, it refers to this special power as well.

BIO: Originally an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., Frank Payne suffered a nervous breakdown during an undercover mission operating as the supervillain “Constrictor”. Going legitimately into a life of crime as a hired mercenary with an electrically-insulated battlesuit equipped with a 30 foot electrified, retractable metal coil mounted on each wrist, Constrictor went on to do battle with the Hulk, Spider-Man, Heroes for Hire, and most frequently Captain America who has ended up saving Frank’s life on more than one occasion.
Constrictor has since walked out of joining the Serpent Society (reporting their activity to the Avengers), nearly been assassinated by Scourge of the Underworld, served brief stints in several short lived incarnations of various supervillain groups, and roomed with fellow mercenary Deadpool for a short while. More recently, after an encounter with Nighthawk and the Thing, Constrictor decided to try his hand at being a hero, first in Six-Pack and then serving as Henry Gyrich’s hired muscle under the Initiative and supervising at Camp Hammond’s hero academy.
During Norman’s Osborn’s seizure of the Initiative, Constrictor began a friendship with Initiative instructor Taskmaster and a romantic relationship with fellow serpent themed villain-turned-hero Diamondback. Despite finding out she was a spy for Captain America’s resistance, Frank says nothing, knowing full well what would happen if he did. During the Siege of Asgard, despite them both having strong feelings for each other, Constrictor wrongfully believed Diamondback had renewed her past relationship with Captain America and a lamenting Frank returned to a life of crime.
Mostly designed him about a week ago and ended up doing barebones drafts of most of the Serpent Society so... that's a thing I guess.

Last edited by Splash; June 22nd, 2021 at 08:21 PM. Reason: removed wounds OR om removal
Old February 8th, 2021, 07:33 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice! I have a write up for him somewhere as well.
Old February 8th, 2021, 08:18 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Do you have a bio on him?
Old February 8th, 2021, 09:18 PM

Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby!

DARKHAWK
CHRIS POWELL
HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
CRIME FIGHTER
PROTECTIVE
MEDIUM 5
LIFE: 4
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 5

CABLE CLAWS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3.
If Darkhawk inflicted one or more wounds to a figure with this special attack, you may place the chosen figure adjacent to Darkhawk. Figures subtract 1 from their defense dice when attacked with this special attack.

AMULET BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
Choose 4 spaces in a straight line from Darkhawk All figures on those spaces who are in line of sight are affected by this special attack. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each affected figure rolls defense dice separately.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Last edited by japes; May 6th, 2023 at 03:27 PM.
Old February 8th, 2021, 10:26 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Bio added for Constrictor.
Old February 8th, 2021, 10:41 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Serpent Society is something that's long over due. I envisioned the Viper card I did as being flexible enough to build a Serpent Society team around if you wanted too, so be sure to check that card out again if you haven't looked at it recently. Basically I figured as long as the different members were Criminals Mercenaries, Assassins, or Terrorist they had a chance of being worked into the build. Most of them I figured would be Criminals or Terrorists though with just one Assassin/Merc spot. Other thing to consider is just the fact that she wants the X OM. As for that Constrictor write up, I don't think I'd ever give up 2W's inflicted to remove an OM. I'd drop the part where you give up the W's inflicted, or maybe even switch it up to a d20 roll kind of power that occurs before attacking.

Darkhawk has a really cool looking mini that I have and would also love to see get a card. I just don't know too much about him. He popped up briefly in something I was reading, but it wasn't enough to leave a huge impression as to what to do with a card for him. From a mechanical stand point, pulling figures next to you can certainly be useful so that's pretty cool. Not sure exactly how it works in the comics, but I might also consider making that power a before attacking type of thing that uses a d20. Then you could pull someone into a line and set up the more powerful SA.
Old February 8th, 2021, 10:52 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Serpent Socitey definitely shouldn't be Terrorists, outside of maybe Slither. They'd pretty much all be Mercenaries or Criminals IMO.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 8th, 2021, 10:54 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkra View Post
So you’re saying get rid of the end their turn aspect, and replace it with losing their SS when within say 3 spaces of Savitar?
Losing SS does also get rid of the four move at the end of their turn. But essentially yes.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 8th, 2021, 10:56 PM

Okay, Constrictor does both now. Sidewinder could have a team gather power too (as well as some sort of teleport); I think with Conflicted Mercenary you get Constrictor and Diamondback and Cyborg Criminals would get you most of the others.

Oooh, Darkhawk is cool!
Old February 8th, 2021, 10:56 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Serpent Socitey definitely shouldn't be Terrorists, outside of maybe Slither. They'd pretty much all be Mercenaries or Criminals IMO.
That's my understanding as well.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 8th, 2021, 11:09 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, Viper was only meant to be an alternate build option. I figured the main Serpent Society team would have their own thing going on without her once they all got carded.
Old February 8th, 2021, 11:20 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I definitely want to start hitting some Serpant Society peeps ince I clear out my current projects. They're a bunch of mid range nobodies in semi-matching outfits. They're very Soundwarpy outside of the other people knowing who they are part.

--

On Darkhawk:

Seems fine to me but I know exactly 4 things about the character and 2 of them are wrong.

Cable Claws should probably have the sentences rearranged so they match the order they'd happen during an attack. You could probably bump up the attack to 4 there? Unless he's supposed to be fairly cheap. Even with the defense reduction, 3 attack on an SA is a bit of a tough sell in the C3G Meta.

Also I chose to believe that his Cable Claws are empowered by the dark forces of early/mid-90s HBO.

One thought given the Amulet Blast's Fire Line effect: I'd kinda rather see Cable Claws as an after moving and before attacking D-20 roll to move a figure adjacent to him. So like then he can either punch them or have potentially moved them to where he can hit more people with the amulet. But that's just a personal thing. There's nothing wrong with the current direction, I just like designs where the powers interact and flow together.

EDIT- Ah, didn't realize Yoda also mentioned this. Great mimes think for the elves and whatnot.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy