Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old July 8th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Multiple Drakes in One Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars View Post
I can't wait to see them glazed and roasting. I'll keep a pot of noodles at the ready.
We had the friends that helped us build the house and pen over to eat duck (not one of ours) on July 4th. It was as unamerican as Independence Day has been in five years living here: two Brits, one American and a Nepali eating Chinese-style crispy duck. Tasty though.
Interesting that you would mention your party's "affiliations". I have Nepalese intern right now that brought in some duck breast curry made with ginger, garlic, shallots and capsicum last week. It was freaking fantastic.

Old July 8th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
I can't wait to see them glazed and roasting. I'll keep a pot of noodles at the ready.
We had the friends that helped us build the house and pen over to eat duck (not one of ours) on July 4th. It was as unamerican as Independence Day has been in five years living here: two Brits, one American and a Nepali eating Chinese-style crispy duck. Tasty though.
Interesting that you would mention your party's "affiliations". I have Nepalese intern right now that brought in some duck breast curry made with ginger, garlic, shallots and capsicum last week. It was freaking fantastic.
We (and by "we" I mean mainly MrsOllie) were cooking this time, but our Nepali friend makes amazing curries, seemingly from absolutely anything. A huge array of wonderful spicy side-thingies too. Alas, neither of us can get the full range of authentic food from our home countries. The conversation often turns to buffalo lungs (him) and fish-n-chips (me).
Old July 11th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Our herding is getting better. The ducks are learning that they get a big pot of food once they get to either the pen or the house, so they're much keener to play along:

Our first attempts followed advice we read that said you should herd from behind. Apparently the ducks' near-360 degree vision means that slight gestures allow you to accurately steer them. We found that the ducks' near 360 degree vision meant that they could spot interesting bugs very easily and zoom off in pursuit. We're having much more luck with the follow-me-I-have-food approach.

Here's a better shot of the ducks themselves:

It's getting so that they're more feathered than they are fluffy.
Old July 11th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They look tender and succulent...

Old July 14th, 2008, 11:00 AM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I spotted the new Drake 5-pack at Walmart this morning.

Old July 14th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Nice shot, Dr. W. Thank you!
<Revrep for a new greenie, which the ducks then came and ate.>
Old July 14th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Is a Quadradical

Yes, nice shot. Are wild ducks common where you are?
Old July 14th, 2008, 01:01 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Rev: Thanks Rev. Wow, what was that, 30 pts.?!?!

ollie: Thanks ollie. They are common at this Walmart.
(There's a pond near by.)
Old July 14th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

24, I think, Dr. W. I've got no way to know for sure, 'cause I lose track of the variables.
Old July 16th, 2008, 10:38 PM

Dragonmaster384 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Weirdscaper View Post
Rev: Thanks Rev. Wow, what was that, 30 pts.?!?!

ollie: Thanks ollie. They are common at this Walmart.
(There's a pond near by.)
They only come in unique at my Walmart.

@Ollie:
Cool ducks, when do we eat?

8 RotV, 2 MTCB, 4 SotM, 2 BftU, 5 RttFF, 4 VW, 3 TT, 9 FotA, 3 TJ, 2+ of each Unique, 3+ of each Common/Uncommon
Want to count your 'scape?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=32267
Old July 16th, 2008, 11:20 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker

We just got three black ducks awhile ago, they are about full-size, but not fully feathered yet, i'll try to post a pic.

~Z~

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanter View Post
We just got three black ducks awhile ago, they are about full-size, but not fully feathered yet, i'll try to post a pic.

~Z~
Neat---they sound lke they're about the same stage ours are at. Are they Cayugas? They were one of the breeds we strongly considered and almost got.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General