Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 22nd, 2022, 04:34 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Deadpool (III) - Playtesting

Oof, like wolves led to slaughter, well now we know DP can shoot. I'd run the next game against some range, and try to get all his powers used.
We'll just have to save the Merc reflections for before the next games.
Old March 22nd, 2022, 05:02 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah it wasn't the best match up.
Old March 23rd, 2022, 02:59 PM

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Deadpool III

Version tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: 800 pts – Deadpool 300, Deathstroke 275, Tattooed Man, Terra VS 800 pts – Capwolf, Werewolf x4(Red, Blue, Yellow, and Pink)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: City Park
Units: 1000 pts - Deathstroke 275, Ravager(Rose), Deadpool 300, Raven plus 25pts in spells VS 1000 pts – Fantastic Four
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: City Park
Units: 1000 pts - Deathstroke 275, Ravager(Rose), Deadpool 300, Raven plus 25pts in spells VS JLA Trinity
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: 800 pts – Deadpool 300, Deathstroke 275, Tattooed Man, Terra VS Rogues – Captain Cold 200, The Top, Abra Kabadra, Weather Wizard 100, Tar Pit
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: 300 pts seems too high as is. He works in Merc builds well and probably fine in Insane builds. I like Merc teams so I used him there.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I ended up playing 4 games, as I couldn't figure out if it was me and how I was playing with Deadpool or the design, but something felt off. Ultimately I feel like the design needs some tweaks. “Me First” is fun and thematic power that works just fine as is. The upside is you can get some free movement and deal out some auto wounds to all adjacent figures(but that includes your own!) The down side is that you just put him engaged with an enemy whose turn it is, and if that figure attacks with their Normal Attack they are going to have blanks count as shields with the Merc with a Mouth power. Now I may have just had bad luck with the skulls in my 4 games but to me Merc with A Mouth is a power that should be his signature power, and currently in kind of falls flat. It worked against him much more often than helped him. Merc with a Mouth only dealt out 2 wounds in 4 games but added like 7 or 8 wounds to Deadpool. I feel this power needs to be reworked. I worry that it might be tough for people to want to draft a 300 pt figure with a power that hurts himself so much. I wish I had a solid suggestion as to what to do to it, but I found it pretty frustrating to play with. “Crap, I really Needed Those” could use a tweak as well, I wonder if it was a passive heal that it may work and feel better. Maybe something like your basic take a turn and heal a wound power, rather than not attacking and rolling dice and hoping for lots of shields. The times that I used it, I only rolled 1 or no shields on 3 or 4 dice. Maybe make it skulls, that could make it more reliable. I know that there are lots of different play styles and other testers may feel differently, my opinion is that I think there are some pretty good ideas here but 2 powers need a rework before it should continue on.
Old March 23rd, 2022, 03:54 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

For Merc with a Mouth I still stand by something closer to Spider-Man (Avengers) Distracting Banter special power. It's generally beneficial to Spidey and at worst a wash. Where as this power boosts your opponent's chance of skulls from 50% to 66% and then only offers a benefit when you block their boosted attack. Deadpool doesn't even really get a benefit during the attack from the power like Spider-Man does.

Something like this would probably play much better:
Quote:
MERC WITH A MOUTH
Opponents' figures attacking Deadpool with a normal attack roll one additional attack die but subtract one skull from whatever is rolled. After rolling defense dice for Deadpool against an opponent's normal attack, if he does not receive any wounds, you may roll one unblockable attack die against the attacking figure.
It's still a more aggressive version of Spidey's power but the theme of you attack a bit stronger but it's more of a flail of annoyance comes across better in this version and then you get a small reward whenever Deadpool successfully defends.

For the healing power I'd probably just drop this line completely. He gets free movement from his Me First power so giving up his movement should be fairly easy to do, but you get something guaranteed out of it this way. And you can even add something like this to the power so he has a little bit of consistent free healing.

Quote:
"CRAP, I REALLY NEEDED THOSE"
Deadpool must subtract 1 from his Move and Range numbers for each Wound Marker on this card. Instead of moving normally with Deadpool (and at the end of each round), you may roll 1 combat die for each Wound Marker on this card. For each shield rolled, remove a Wound Marker from this card.
Old March 23rd, 2022, 03:59 PM

I think those are both really solid improvements but still get across the theme you're looking for.
Old March 23rd, 2022, 04:54 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I think I’d prefer to just see a Healing Factor-style thing on “Crap…” Like at the beginning/end of his turn, remove a wound.

The appeal of that power (to me) is imagining Deadpool comically hopping around while missing a leg or whatever. But that doesn’t seem to be happening when giving up his move to heal is the ideal play for a wounded Deadpool.

Tbh, I’ve never been super enamored with Distracting Banter…but it does what it does.
Old March 23rd, 2022, 05:03 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Tbh, I’ve never been super enamored with Distracting Banter…but it does what it does.
Have you played that design cause it's definitely a power that plays much better than it reads.
Old March 23rd, 2022, 05:37 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Have you played that design cause it's definitely a power that plays much better than it reads.
Sorry, I typed that message up in a hurry and that came off as way meaner than I intended!

Yeah I’ve played him a few times. Fwiw, I think sticking a counterstrike or something like that on there adds a lot to it. (But I might drop the -1 skull aspect at that point.)
Old March 23rd, 2022, 05:48 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Sadly most designs only have a 3rd grade reading level. It's a growing problem in the educational system

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 23rd, 2022, 05:52 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks a ton for those extra games @Ericth74 , they really give a clear picture of what needs changing.

I'm realizing there is a clear negative not just to Merc, but to all 3 powers, so I'll read over everything here and get back with my thoughts. : )
Old March 23rd, 2022, 06:08 PM

Quote:
"CRAP, I NEEDED THOSE"
Deadpool must subtract 1 from his Move and Range numbers for each Wound Marker on this card. Immediately after revealing an Order Marker on this card and moving normally with Deadpool, remove one Wound Marker from this card or two Wound Markers from this card if Deadpool ended his move unengaged.
So for the healing power, I think changing it from giving up move to making it so he reveals an OM would enable the Move subraction/"hobbling along" to come into play more often and it still gets across that he needs to be consciously attempting to heal. It also gives him a riskier brand of undead resilience, because he can heal an additional wound he would receive from an lea by being unengaged. This power more represents him getting his crap together after going ballistic and backing off to take a moment to recover before going after someone again. It also plays into his reduced range, because his options might be more limited if he does become unengaged.
Old March 23rd, 2022, 06:12 PM

I think Ericth74 is definitely right that Merc With a Mouth is the signature power. It should be specific enough where it shouts Deadpool, but general enough where it could go on a future Deadpool or Deadpool Corps design.

Currently I'm leaning heavily toward tcglkn's Banter rework.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library