Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 1st, 2012, 06:04 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation
Re: Battleship Galaxies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Has it been officially dropped? Every time I see this thread bumped I'm hopeful than an expansion has been announced.
Jerry Hawthorne, one of the designers, posted on the BGG forums for this game back in August:

"I'm so sorry you fans of Battleship Galaxies were left in the dark. I think it truly is safe to say that Hasbro has no plans to support this game. Sorry."
Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:57 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

There are no future plans for this game.
The Battleship Galaxians forums have become overrun by spambots.
I have not posted on HeroScapers in several months due to a failure in internet connection.

I am back; I am here. I am currently interested in Galaxies.

My busy schedule has left little room for tabletop gaming recently; but I am not ready to give it up. I played some 'Scape a month ago and have been playing a lot of Munchkin and a little Catan lately.

But, now I would like to focus on Galaxies.

I have developed a sort of wargame where players build a fleet and attempt to conquer the solar system; specific battles will be resolved by a game of Battleship Galaxies. I will have some friends over Friday and we will brainstorm and try the initial testing, as well as concrete the rules. It will play in a manner in which "Galactic Conquest" did in the Star Wars Battlefront game franchise.

If anyone is interested, please reply and PM. I will post the Conquest rules once we concrete them. I would appreciate help brainstorming as well as testing.
Old July 31st, 2013, 03:14 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I recently acquired a large amount of Star Wars Pocketmodel sets and am interested in making customs for this game. I wanted to ask if anyone else feels like Battleship Galaxies needs an expansion and would be interested in working on something like this.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old July 31st, 2013, 03:19 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Star Trek Clix could be used, perhaps, for customs.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old July 31st, 2013, 05:18 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Litko sells bases for the ships. Here are some small ones.

Old July 31st, 2013, 05:49 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

BGX needed an expansion from the day of the release. If it had grown it might not have died.
Old July 31st, 2013, 07:35 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I loved BSG ever since I demo'd it @ Gencon (which there was a picture of on here, actually...)

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old August 1st, 2013, 03:57 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Gave up and got rid of my copy. Good luck to you developers. My recommendation for newer spaceship games are Empires of the Void and Star Trek Fleet Captains. An older one is Galactic Emperor aka "Twilight Imperium Lite." None of these are pure tactical games, however.
Old August 1st, 2013, 04:39 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm looking for someone specifically interested in doing Star Wars customs using Pocketmodels. I've looked at a lot of the different miniatures out there and they are super expensive for the most part. Pocketmodels seems like a viable option, despite being out of print, because there is a lot out there, the ships are already divided into factions, the size differences are there, some people are willing to give them away, etc.

With a free collection I received, I can put together following factions:
Spoiler Alert!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 1st, 2013, 09:56 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
BGX needed an expansion from the day of the release. If it had grown it might not have died.
QFT

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old August 1st, 2013, 06:26 PM
C-Wedgie

I have a large Star Wars Pocketmodel collection, so I'd be interested in helping with Star Wars customs.

Old August 1st, 2013, 06:31 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:

It lost it's fun factor fast, I'm afraid. Really really need expansions. Even one would have been excellent.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games