Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 30th, 2016, 12:21 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Lazy Orang's Classic Customs

Okay, now the contest has finished, and before March is over and the time of her being fitting is pretty much gone, I unveil my latest creation!

Custom Exclusive Pack Two: Mad March Hare
Spoiler Alert!

This will likely be my last update for quite a while - the next one will most likely be in June when @Dr.Goomonkey 's next contest is finished, but I do have plans I'll be working on as well.

~ Lazy Orang, making acknowledgement to @Soundwarp SG-1 for inventing the General and the Homeworld.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; May 15th, 2016 at 05:32 PM.
Old March 30th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
The Tome of Dreg Mera

The Tome of Dreg Mera

Custom Set Two
Mad March Hare

(Cards by @mac122 and @DanieLoche .)
Homeworld: Grymwold
The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure from The Nightmares Set.
Its model number and name are #040 / Demon Bunny.

Card Text
Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Rulings, Clarifications and Errata
Spoiler Alert!

Combinations and Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Immunities, Benefits and Weaknesses
Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; July 26th, 2020 at 03:26 PM.
Old March 30th, 2016, 02:13 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Nice job taking what could have easily been a joke custom and trying to make it vaguely serious enough to feel like something that could be in the game.

Any chance you could post the text for the abilities? It's a little hard to read it all on the card.

Also, the planet's name is Grymwold (no 'r'). Wold is an Old English word for forest, it's basically meant to read as '(Brothers) Grimm's Forest' since it's the 'fairy-tale' planet. Just like Eldicar is 'Elder's Cairn'/'Eldritch Incarceration' since it's a shattered prison for Eldritch horrors, Arcana literally just means 'mysteries' cause it's a planet with a long history of magical secrets and such that is also unlocking the 'mysteries' of science with its own steam-punky industrial revolution, and Qurvits II is roughly 'second son of quarks/quirks' because it and its twin are the 'trippy sci-fi' planets.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; March 30th, 2016 at 02:42 PM.
Old March 30th, 2016, 02:25 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I love the "Demon Rabbit" (hey, that's in Gaelic!) and the bio really helps bring it to life as the dreaded disappearing bunny. My main critique would be that there's just way too much text. My own rule of thumb is that anything above 1000 characters or so isn't going to look right on the card. (I think Eltahale is the only official card that tops 1000.) It's hard when you have great ideas, but sometimes the restriction can spur creativity. What if, instead of "Astral Shift," you made Dreg Mara have no hit zone? It would play differently, but the feel would be similar -- a spectral rabbit that strikes from the depths of the unseen warren! Just a suggestion.

Your "Tomes" are great, BTW. If you haven't yet found it, Spuke Boy's HAC database is really good at generating synergy lists.
Old March 30th, 2016, 02:48 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Nice job taking what could have easily been a joke custom and trying to make it vaguely serious enough to feel like something that could be in the game.

Any chance you could post the text for the abilities? It's a little hard to read it all on the card.

Also, the planet's name is Grymwold (no 'r'). Wold is an Old English word for forest, it's basically meant to read as (Brothers) Grimm's Forest' since it's the 'fairy-tale' planet. Just like Eldicar is 'Elder's Cairn'/'Eldritch Incarceration' since it's a shattered prison for Eldritch horrors, Arcana literally just means 'mysteries' cause it's a planet with a long history of magical secrets and such that is also unlocking the 'mysteries' of science with its own steam-punky industrial revolution, and Qurvits II is roughly 'second son of quarks/quirks' because it and its twin are the 'trippy sci-fi' planets.
Thanks, and thanks for the info! Yep, I can post the text (probably a good standard thing to do anyway) and I'll fix the homeworld (must have misread that one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
I love the "Demon Rabbit" (hey, that's in Gaelic!) and the bio really helps bring it to life as the dreaded disappearing bunny. My main critique would be that there's just way too much text. My own rule of thumb is that anything above 1000 characters or so isn't going to look right on the card. (I think Eltahale is the only official card that tops 1000.) It's hard when you have great ideas, but sometimes the restriction can spur creativity. What if, instead of "Astral Shift," you made Dreg Mara have no hit zone? It would play differently, but the feel would be similar -- a spectral rabbit that strikes from the depths of the unseen warren! Just a suggestion.

Your "Tomes" are great, BTW. If you haven't yet found it, Spuke Boy's HAC database is really good at generating synergy lists.
Thank you as well, and it's cool to know someone caught the Gaelic! It may also interest you that Ulixes's name is the Latin form of the Greek Oulixes, meaning 'to be angry, to hate'. Glad you like the bio as well.

Yeah, you're right that there's a bit too much text - she's actually fairly simple to play, but the card doesn't look quite as good as it could be. Honestly, this was a bit of a group design with my family, who ended up helping me to refine my original idea and make it much cooler (my original draft being essentially a mini C3G Sabretooth with a Leap power). As I brought on the ideas it became better as a design to play - but cutting one or two may have made it look better on the card. Plus, I am often predisposed to more complexity anyway (though I try to restrain that to my Superscape designs) and it's hard to imagine what the amount of text you have will look like on a card until it's there. Personally, I'm happy with Dreg as is, so I probably won't change her, but she has taught me to be more careful about this in future.

Also, no, I'm not quite sure what Spuke Boy's HAC database is.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; March 30th, 2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2016, 11:06 AM
Hard as ice

@Dr.Goomonkey , Dreg Mera's card has suddenly disappeared, and I haven't got it saved yet - could I ask where it is?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 24th, 2016, 09:59 AM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmm... I will find it for you. Right now I'm on my phone so I can't do much, but I should have it posted up in a couple hours for you.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old April 26th, 2016, 05:14 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Hmm... I will find it for you. Right now I'm on my phone so I can't do much, but I should have it posted up in a couple hours for you.
Thank you! I'd really appreciate it.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 28th, 2016, 05:53 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Thank you! I'd really appreciate it.
@Dr.Goomonkey , may I ask if there's any news on this?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 2nd, 2016, 10:13 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey, sorry for the delays, I've been quite busy with a musical I'm in so I haven't been on HSers much (and honestly forgot about this particular issue).

It seems to be on SumoPaint itself the image broke, it now just looks like a yellow square... :/

In the future I think I'll save a backup onto my computer. I'll make another for you at some point, but I have no idea what kind of time frame I'm talking about (with the musical and finals and such).

Sorry again! I'll try and make another one for you somewhat soon.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old May 3rd, 2016, 12:30 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Hey, sorry for the delays, I've been quite busy with a musical I'm in so I haven't been on HSers much (and honestly forgot about this particular issue).

It seems to be on SumoPaint itself the image broke, it now just looks like a yellow square... :/

In the future I think I'll save a backup onto my computer. I'll make another for you at some point, but I have no idea what kind of time frame I'm talking about (with the musical and finals and such).

Sorry again! I'll try and make another one for you somewhat soon.
Thanks for getting back to me!

I really hate to bother you again when you're so busy, but I was just wondering if there was the slightest chance you might be able to do it some time within the next two weeks, as I'm getting the figure for my birthday in a little over that, and I'd really like to be able to get the card printed out by then. I really understand if you can't, though.

Thanks again for the trouble you're taking over this.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 15th, 2016, 05:30 PM
Hard as ice

With massive thanks to mac122, Dreg Mera finally has a card again!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards