Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 27th, 2013, 12:58 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of War Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok;1835690Yes, that. If you're going to explicitly spell it out here in this way, then you should probably explicitly spell it out in every engagement strike power or similar power in the game. And I think that's just too much.

Frankly, if I were going to re-write War Machine, I'd be inclined to go the other way, since ACG is such a crazy good power. I might say something like:[INDENT
AUTO CHAIN GUN
After moving and before attacking with a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of War Machine that was not within 4 clear sight spaces of War Machine prior to its movement, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound. Continue rolling for Auto Chain Gun until the figure is destroyed or you do not roll 11 or higher.
[/INDENT]That's a little weird in terms of when it triggers; maybe:
AUTO CHAIN GUN
When an enemy figure takes a turn and moves within 4 clear sight spaces of War Machine, if that figure was not within 4 clear sight spaces of War Machine prior to its movement, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound. Continue rolling for Auto Chain Gun until the figure is destroyed or you do not roll 11 or higher.
That language is a bit less standard but much more intuitive in how it works.

Then again, maybe it's just the Brainiac5/Sage combo that's broken, and we should focus on fixing that one rather than a spillover effect like the broken ACG.
Yes I think (mainly just Sage) should definitely be adjusted.

I think the wording you provided makes it so it only activates on another figures turn which ruins the throw/teleport activation of ACG. From the FAQ it does suggest that they want the throws etc to trigger ACG.
Old June 27th, 2013, 01:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Then again, maybe it's just the Brainiac5/Sage combo that's broken, and we should focus on fixing that one rather than a spillover effect like the broken ACG.
I am starting to feel as though the stacking of d20 bonuses are the real issue that needs to be addressed. There are a lot of d20 based powers that can move a figure into the broken discussion when you start significantly adding to the rolls success rate. Perhaps all the d20 buffing powers need to have a line of text added to them, something like this.

When this ability is used, no other special powers or abilities on any friendly figures may be used to further adjust the results of the roll.
Old June 27th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We have a thread for reexamining units based on competitive balance and a procedure for tackling that. If we're going to discuss/broach that (and I'd love to see it done with Sage, for instance), please do so in that thread.

On a related, but similarly note, Puppet Master has three open spots in playtesting right now.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 30th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Weebaer, it is a very old ruling concerning Jotun's throw and Nakita's Engagement Strike: "place" equates to "move" in how it relates to powers that trigger upon "moving" like with Engagement Strike. And you are right. It wasn't clear before, and so the official game FAQed it and we just followed suit.
Old July 1st, 2013, 06:52 AM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Weebaer, it is a very old ruling concerning Jotun's throw and Nakita's Engagement Strike: "place" equates to "move" in how it relates to powers that trigger upon "moving" like with Engagement Strike. And you are right. It wasn't clear before, and so the official game FAQed it and we just followed suit.
No problem Griff, thanks for the reply.
Old February 25th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'd also say it's worth revisiting Auto Chain Gun and possibly putting an "enemy figure" qualifier in there.
Brought this over from Mal's thread if anyone wants to discuss it further.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 25th, 2015, 04:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I've never been a big fan of the strategy of attacking/wounding your own figures so I'd be for a restriction here of some sort. As it is now you can do things like shoot your own Conan figure just to try and put a single wound on him and trigger his wound limiting power.
Old February 26th, 2015, 05:39 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Honestly, unless I was facing a ton of auto-wounders, one of my first plays with Conan would probably be to wound him myself. Though I'd use Magneto 2 or something for that probably (free move and Battle Hardened trigger in one easy package!). Still, it at least makes some thematic sense for Mags, I don't see Rhodes as the type to shot his own guys willy nilly.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 28th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I propose that we change Auto Chain Gun to only affect enemy figures.

@A3n - Yea
@johnny139 - Yea
@Karat - Yea
@TrollBrute - Yea
@SirGalahad - Yea
@Viegon -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by quozl; March 2nd, 2015 at 11:28 AM.
Old February 28th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Yea
Old February 28th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Yea

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old February 28th, 2015, 03:20 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yea - seems like oversight.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library